Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-31-2010, 07:11 PM

9 posts, read 19,913 times

Advertisements

Ive really only ever been to germany, Osaka Japan, ,Texas,Mexico, & sanfrancisco.
I was 10 years old to 13 when I lived in Germany so I dont remember much. I lived in japan over 4 years & went to school there in a japanese environment so I have influence from there, Ive lived in texas & I hate it the life style & people are too primitive for me, Ive been to san francisco but I am rather indifferent about the place, I guess its good for american standards but I dont really see anything special about that place. In mexico Ive only been to my parents hometown, but I dont think mexico would be a good place for me Either.
Im still looking for my place in the world, what do you think? I am an american citizen, but my parents are mexican. I am debating whether to have a future in Spain or manhatten newyork, basically I wanna be with the more liberal & well mannered people, currently Im in houston texas & this place is TRASH. Lets just say, I am fortunate & I could go choose to go to school wherever I want through my parents.

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d115/tamarindo90/F.jpg (broken link)

Last edited by Animalseeking; 10-31-2010 at 07:24 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-31-2010, 07:18 PM

Location: Where Sunday shopping is prohibited :) - Bergen County, NJ!
108 posts, read 162,387 times
Posting pictures of you is not enough description.

What type of city would you like to live in? Does climate matter? School/Work? Budget? Cost of living etc. etc. ??

You can't just pick a city - you need to find job, place to live, visa and much more.
You cannot just say I want to live in New York for example.

Old 10-31-2010, 07:25 PM

9 posts, read 19,913 times
River Edge:
What I mean to say is that I can choose to go to school wherever I want. so that means I can also live there .
There is many ways I can live in a country through something academic. For example in japan, I first went to a language school there then after graduated from that I moved on to college for fashion design, everything in japan though. and in total it was more than 4 years of living there.
Also what I mean to say is that my style & way I dress to alot of americans I think are not used to this sort of style & they think I am "strange" or something, that Americans are very conservative, & religious & the gangbanger culture & thug mentality is rampant in the USA, which I think in europe it might not be much so. well it isnt in Japan atleast.

Last edited by Animalseeking; 10-31-2010 at 07:37 PM..

Old 10-31-2010, 07:55 PM

4,857 posts, read 7,608,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Animalseeking View Post
what I mean to say is that my style & way I dress to alot of americans I think are not used to this sort of style & they think I am "strange" or something, that Americans are very conservative, & religious & the gangbanger culture & thug mentality is rampant in the USA, which I think in europe it might not be much so. well it isnt in Japan atleast.

Very common to see people dressed like you in every city in the U.S...You look like everyone I see in Chicago under the age of 28.

Not to sound harsh (As I say something harsh ) But your style is almost out of style actually. Reminds me of Brooklyn hipsters circa 2002.

Old 10-31-2010, 08:48 PM

16,258 posts, read 43,185,236 times
Of the four cities that you mentioned, you'd probably be changed by them quickly.

If you want to keep your current style...I'd say Portland Oregon, Austin Texas, etc. All the 'hip, trendy' cities.

That being said...your look would fit into the 'hipster' scene of Williamsburg Brooklyn or The Mission San Francisco as well. But those are usually people who move into those scenes AFTER college.

Since you are looking at going to college wherever you will go...I will say that even conservative places like Houston, Texas, probably has quite a few liberal college students on their campuses, so even there you would fit in just fine. Actually you'd fit in anywhere for college life.

Old 10-31-2010, 08:58 PM

14,416 posts, read 22,480,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Animalseeking View Post
Ive really only ever been to germany, Osaka Japan, ,Texas,Mexico, & sanfrancisco.
I was 10 years old to 13 when I lived in Germany so I dont remember much. I lived in japan over 4 years & went to school there in a japanese environment so I have influence from there, Ive lived in texas & I hate it the life style & people are too primitive for me, Ive been to san francisco but I am rather indifferent about the place, I guess its good for american standards but I dont really see anything special about that place. In mexico Ive only been to my parents hometown, but I dont think mexico would be a good place for me Either.
Im still looking for my place in the world, what do you think? I am an american citizen, but my parents are mexican. I am debating whether to have a future in Spain or manhatten newyork, basically I wanna be with the more liberal & well mannered people, currently Im in houston texas & this place is TRASH. Lets just say, I am fortunate & I could go choose to go to school wherever I want through my parents.

I think Amsterdam would be good for you. Ultra liberal, good climate and more your demographic. Nowhere in The US will you have the same experiences. If i had to pick anywhere in the US, I would pick New York for you.

Old 10-31-2010, 09:09 PM

16,258 posts, read 43,185,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by glass_of_merlot View Post
I think Amsterdam would be good for you. Ultra liberal, good climate and more your demographic. Nowhere in The US will you have the same experiences. If i had to pick anywhere in the US, I would pick New York for you.
New York doesn't have that style. NY is more about business and artists and musicians though, but it's generally a very dog-eat-dog world where the most ambitious compete. Most of those 'hipsters' probably end up as secretaries and temp job workers more than anything...than move out of NY...or the few talented ones, MIGHT make it into a music or art scene...while temping the entire time.

Actually he'd be better off on the West Coast...or pretty much ANY college town anywhere in the States - they almost ALL have that same kind of demographics and look.

The thing with Amsterdam is its mostly just legalized 'stuff' - prostitutes, marijuana, etc. He doesn't look like a guy who needs prostitutes...and no clue his drug interest, but you can literally find ANY drug easily anywhere in the States. So we'll leave that one alone as well.

For lliberal politics, ANY college campus...ANY. Plus any liberal city, and by definition almost all cities run liberal.

Old 11-01-2010, 09:56 PM

6,038 posts, read 5,950,347 times
Any cosmopolitan city i would imagine. Take your pick...London,Paris,Barcelona,Berlin,Tokyo, really there are countless cities around the globe. Sure you'll find a few in the States as well. But Japan may well suite you best?

Old 11-02-2010, 04:42 PM

871 posts, read 1,630,625 times
Quote:
Any cosmopolitan city i would imagine. Take your pick.
that's true.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia