Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-30-2011, 09:14 PM

11 posts, read 36,375 times

Advertisements

Is there any one traveled all over the 4 cities? May I know your compare about public order, infrastructure, culture and people? I want to travel to India.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-30-2011, 10:40 PM

425 posts, read 653,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hanwen View Post
Is there any one traveled all over the 4 cities? May I know your compare about public order, infrastructure, culture and people? I want to travel to India.
I've not been to Delhi, but of the remaining three Shanghai is my favourite. Infrastructure is very modern, great dining opportunities, public safety is good for a city of its size. But the black that comes off on your hankie when blowing your nose is a bit of a worry.

What to say about Mumbai and Beijing? Well, if you ask me the first thing that come to mind is the stink, particularly in Mumbai. Like a mix of sewage, curry and death. Beijing's stink has an altogether different character. Imagine driving a dumptruck into a welder's shop, closing the door and sitting inside smoking a cigarette while the engine runs.

Old 05-31-2011, 05:15 AM

1,338 posts, read 2,567,826 times
I've been to all four. I prefer them in the order Shanghai, Mumbai, Delhi, Beijing.. although I haven't been back to Beijing since the olympics so i guess its different now.

Shanghai felt more modern and was easier to walk around. But for me I love Indian food and hate Chinese food so that sways things. I also find the Indian people to be much more interesting and friendly.

The pollution in China is outrageous. you really do notice the Black hankie and my eyes looked like I'd had a severe allergic reaction for most of the time I was in Beijing. Some days I couldn't even see the road outside the hotel from the window because of the haze. I've been to a few of the larger cities, Guilin, Xian, down the li and Yangste rivers and it didn't get too much better - and in several trips at diff times of the year.
So I would go back to India anytime. There is a lot more exploring I want to do there...

Old 05-31-2011, 06:49 PM

11 posts, read 36,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swisswife View Post
I've been to all four. I prefer them in the order Shanghai, Mumbai, Delhi, Beijing.. although I haven't been back to Beijing since the olympics so i guess its different now.

Shanghai felt more modern and was easier to walk around. But for me I love Indian food and hate Chinese food so that sways things. I also find the Indian people to be much more interesting and friendly.

The pollution in China is outrageous. you really do notice the Black hankie and my eyes looked like I'd had a severe allergic reaction for most of the time I was in Beijing. Some days I couldn't even see the road outside the hotel from the window because of the haze. I've been to a few of the larger cities, Guilin, Xian, down the li and Yangste rivers and it didn't get too much better - and in several trips at diff times of the year.
So I would go back to India anytime. There is a lot more exploring I want to do there...
Thanks for your advise. I will go to India this summer for chennai Tire show. So, I will travel mubai and deli. I know indian culture is different and the people is much more friendly than Chinese.

Old 06-16-2011, 10:09 PM

1,418 posts, read 2,549,532 times
Mumbai is nasty in terms of infrasturcture but there are great spots to shop, eat and party. Delhi is better in terms of all categories but none of these Indian cities can be compared to China. I guess from a cultural perspective India can compete and maybe beat but in terms of infrastructure, it fails miserably. Delhi is not bad, but no Shanghai. Just come to India with an open mind. You will see extremes of rich and poor.

Old 06-28-2011, 01:13 AM

1,348 posts, read 2,861,438 times
Depends on what you're into. But in terms of infrastructure or level of development, India is nowhere in the league of China. No comparison.

Old 02-21-2020, 05:39 PM

1,136 posts, read 528,585 times
Both countries have large number of citizens.
Shanghai and Beijing have way more foreigners than Mumbai and ND. Both are more expensive than Indian cities.

Old 02-23-2020, 03:11 PM

13,561 posts, read 10,377,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swisswife View Post

Well, you'd probably have it really difficult in Delhi - which has worse air pollution than Beijing, sadly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia