Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Hong Kong, Tokyo or New York City?
Hong Kong 11 29.73%
Tokyo 11 29.73%
New York City 15 40.54%
Voters: 37. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-17-2015, 01:48 AM

16,258 posts, read 43,185,236 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidmun View Post
Oops, I forgot Urban living.

Urban living: HK>>NY (Unless you live at Manhattan, which is just one of the five boroughs of NYC, outside you don't feel like much of a city. Majority of New Yorkers are living outside of Manhattan. If you lived in Manhattan long enough, you will know your way around and you probably will feel it is rather a small place.)
I live right next to HK now, and HK feels like a much smaller place, than when I lived in NYC.

Everywhere begins to feel small after awhile. But NYC, one thing I liked is that I could get on a train and go to some random place and come out in 'Little Poland' or 'Greektown' or 'Little Bombay' or whatever else. ANd suddenly, all you see is Polish everything everywhere for a little while. It's a certainly an interesting element to living in NYC.

Personally I like BOTH cities dearly! I do prefer HK, but NYC basically rules in urban living. Nothing quite like NYC. HK is pretty close! But, HK is mostly chinese with some non-chinese around as well.

NYC was mostly everyone you can possibly imagine, and once in awhile, you'd actually meet someone who was actually born and raised in NYC. I remember when I lived in NYC, once I had to take out my passport to show proof of something, and the guy was shocked to find I was an American. He didn't think many of my type lived in NYC

Old 02-17-2015, 10:25 AM

127 posts, read 109,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger Beer View Post
I live right next to HK now, and HK feels like a much smaller place, than when I lived in NYC.

Everywhere begins to feel small after awhile. But NYC, one thing I liked is that I could get on a train and .....

Absolutely, I like the ethnicities from every part of the globe. That is what makes New York City the greatest city in the world. I feel HK is much more urbanized than NYC because of population density. In HK everything seems to jam-pack to a singularity place, which gives me a feeling of much of an urban jungle than anywhere in the world, whereas in NYC I don’t have the same feeling except Midtown and some areas near Lower Manhattan. Everything in between or near these places are sprawling apart and are not condense or congested like HK. Even though I have never been to Tokyo, I don’t think Tokyo can even beat HK in this aspect.

Old 02-21-2015, 03:16 PM

304 posts, read 782,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidmun View Post
Absolutely, I like the ethnicities from every part of the globe. That is what makes New York City the greatest city in the world. I feel HK is much more urbanized than NYC because of population density. In HK everything seems to jam-pack to a singularity place, which gives me a feeling of much of an urban jungle than anywhere in the world, whereas in NYC I don’t have the same feeling except Midtown and some areas near Lower Manhattan. Everything in between or near these places are sprawling apart and are not condense or congested like HK. Even though I have never been to Tokyo, I don’t think Tokyo can even beat HK in this aspect.
Hope you know that about 38% of land in HK has been designated as country parks. HK has more beaches and hiking trails than NYC too.

Old 02-21-2015, 03:27 PM

304 posts, read 782,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by japanese001 View Post
Urban living : NYC >> TOKYO >> HK

Nightlife : NYC >> TOKYO >> HK

Culture and history : TOKYO >> HK >> NYC

Public transportation : TOKYO >> HK >> NYC

Restaurants/Food : TOKYO >> NYC >> HK

Shopping : TOKYO >> HK >> NYC

Tourist sites : NYC >> TOKYO >> HK

Economy and career opportunities : NYC >> TOKYO >> HK

Global influence/importance : NYC >> HK >> TOKYO

Urban and natural scenery : NYC >> TOKYO >> HK

Cleanliness : TOKYO >> NYC >> HK

Entertainment/Recreation : NYC >> TOKYO >> HK

Cost of living : HK >> NYC >> TOKYO

Location in the world : NYC >> TOKYO >> HK

Other criteria : TOKYO >> NYC >> HK

Which do you personally prefer? : 666

High-rise building : HK >> NYC >> TOKYO

GRP (1 billion US $) : TOKYO / 1,520.0 >> NYC / 1,210.0 >> HK / 350.4

East Asia : TOKYO >> SEOUL >> OSAKA >> SHANGHAI >> BEIJING >> NAGOYA >> HK >> GUANGZHOU
"Urban and natural scenery : NYC >> TOKYO >> HK"
About 38% of land in HK has been designated as country parks. It has beaches, mountains and hiking trails. Don't think either NYC or Tokyo has all three.

"Cleanliness : TOKYO >> NYC >> HK"
NYC ahead of HK? By NYC, do you just mean Manhattan? I doubt you've been to parts of Bronx, Far Rockaway or Staten Island.

"Location in the world : NYC >> TOKYO >> HK"
HK is a short flight away to more countries than either NYC or Tokyo.

Old 02-27-2015, 10:33 PM

6,843 posts, read 10,960,126 times
I'm always so envious of people that live in Hong Kong. You live in one of the most dynamic cities on planet Earth. People wish their city had that setting. Wish it had that tolerable climate (winter free). Wish that it had that big cityness, density, urbane framework. Wish that it had that super-city aura to it.

Always just so jealous of Hong Kongers. Wish I lived there, wish it all the time. I'm way too much of an under-achiever to make it in Hong Kong as it stands right now. I want to be making a lot more money, want things to go my way a little bit more, then maybe, possibly maybe, I could make a lifelong dream come true.

Old 03-02-2015, 12:05 PM

391 posts, read 753,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davy-040 View Post
in what club in New York can i drink as much as i want for 2 hours/$70 while getting a free bj and a prostate massage by a Japanese girl?
Where in New York can i find clubs open in the early morning and the afternoon?
Where in Tokyo can I get the free BJ and prostate massage? I am going there for a few days vacation, would like to know.

Old 03-02-2015, 12:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chava61 View Post
I agree that Shanghai is becoming a major world financial player but Shanghai has always had an international flavor similar to NYC.

NYC is a 24/7 city which has much to offer visitors and residents besides being a world financial center. You can find anything in NYC if you look hard enough for it.
Even a free bj and prostate massage inside a club from a japanese prostitute for $70?

Last edited by svedski; 03-02-2015 at 12:27 PM..

Old 03-02-2015, 02:46 PM

10,644 posts, read 16,025,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by svedski View Post
Even a free bj and prostate massage inside a club from a japanese prostitute for $70?
How is the bj/prostate massage free if you had to pay $70

Old 03-02-2015, 11:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davy-040 View Post
How is the bj/prostate massage free if you had to pay $70
$70 is for the liquor. The BJ is free.

Old 03-03-2015, 01:11 AM

7 posts, read 12,174 times
Not sure about Tokyo but for culture, food and tourist attractions, it's definitely HK. The rest, I'm all for NY.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia