Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-14-2012, 05:16 AM

2,223 posts, read 5,485,933 times

Advertisements

Because they are not wanted. And if they do want them, then only of Japanese descent. This should be somewhat well known...

Japan to Immigrants: Thanks, But You Can Go Home Now - TIME
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-14-2012, 09:41 AM

98 posts, read 276,378 times
Plain answer : Japan will NEVER become an immigrant nation.

Old 05-14-2012, 10:31 AM

25,021 posts, read 27,926,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger Beer View Post
I've always noticed this continuous pressure by other immigrant-receiving nations to try to 'bully' Japan into being the same.

However, absolutely nowhere else in Asia does that whatsoever. It's interesting that the West expects Japan to be the first and leader of Asian in this regard.

To me, Japan is cool just as it is.

I also don't get why non-Japanese insist that Japan absolutly must have immigrants because of it's aging older population. Why do we insist that all nation's on earth must continously increase their population numbers forever more. That's a disaster waiting to happen. It seems better to just let the older population die out, and then the younger will have more resources and everything else still available to them, without this continously forevermore expanding model.
This is what I was saying in my post. Saying that Japan needs to keep expanding its population, even though they are full to the brim and over capacity, is silly thinking. Japan needs one thing, and that is much less people. Japan does not have the resources or carrying capacity to have so many people. The West is very hypocritical in its thinking. On the one hand, they say the West needs to import as many people as they can (Japan included) but on the other hand, there's too many people on the planet. You need to pick a side, and stick to it. Japan does not need any more people on that super crowded island. Unless they find ways to economically level the mountains in their countries, Japan is way too overpopulated

Old 05-14-2012, 10:52 AM

16,258 posts, read 43,185,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
I don't think anyone is 'pressuring' Japan to become a melting pot, but it is curious why it seems only Western countries that have significant, diverse, immigrant populations. Japan is like the Britain of Asia; it's pop culture is extremely influential throughout Asia and now the world, yet it seems most of this is one way - to many it remains a pretty enigmatic land, closed off to the world.
Everywhere throughout the continent of Asia are non-immigrant nations. So japan doesn't seem that unusual.

It's not like any other Asian nation is taking in Japanese to emigrate. Immigration, in general, is fairly one-sided anyways.

Old 05-14-2012, 11:07 AM

10,072 posts, read 14,952,774 times
I agree with the unbraiwashed.

I will not be surprised if they are already planning to pressure China and India to allow massive immigration. I think it will be a hard sell, but who knows! LOL

The reality is that many western people have a serious inferiority complex or maybe its just guilt. Its ridiculous. Ah well...

Old 05-14-2012, 12:42 PM

3,715 posts, read 5,266,588 times
Yes i can see it but immigrants will be mostly from other asian countries like China, Thailand, Taiwan etc.
Japan will have to open its borders sooner or later or their population will be gone because their birth rates are really low.

Old 05-14-2012, 04:14 PM

207 posts, read 707,378 times
So the West wants Japan to open up more for them again. West is so demanding.

Old 05-14-2012, 06:49 PM

16,258 posts, read 43,185,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrix542 View Post
Yes i can see it but immigrants will be mostly from other asian countries like China, Thailand, Taiwan etc.
Japan will have to open its borders sooner or later or their population will be gone because their birth rates are really low.
How would their population be 'gone'? There are 127 million people in Japan. If the number decreases this generation, it doesn't mean it will steadily forever decrease until they cease to exist.

California has about 37 million people, and Japan and California are about the same size. Few would argue that California needs a whole lot more people though. However, I regularly hear that Japan does??

Old 05-14-2012, 11:16 PM

1,007 posts, read 2,014,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
I don't think anyone is 'pressuring' Japan to become a melting pot, but it is curious why it seems only Western countries that have significant, diverse, immigrant populations. Japan is like the Britain of Asia; it's pop culture is extremely influential throughout Asia and now the world, yet it seems most of this is one way - to many it remains a pretty enigmatic land, closed off to the world.
They also drive on the other side of the road!!

Old 05-15-2012, 05:05 AM

1,528 posts, read 4,231,762 times
Japan is cool due to the way it is..

It's overcrowded and overpopulated.. For the size of their island..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia