Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-25-2012, 06:17 PM

17,874 posts, read 15,925,121 times

Advertisements

What is the structure in those pictures of Uzbekistan? What that a part of some empire?

Also are the kazakhs mostly asian in appearance? My cousin has traveled through there, and she says they look like Kristin Kreuk who is mix white and asian. Is this true? Do the girls look like that. I searched for pictures, and youtube vids, and they look more asian.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2012, 08:05 PM

16 posts, read 33,306 times
it's sad that it is underated and not many people know where these countries are on a map!
I'm really interested in them and love the men especially I seen some of the most interesting and masculine features from these countries

Old 08-26-2012, 08:16 PM

24,544 posts, read 56,029,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ Brazen_3133 View Post
What is the structure in those pictures of Uzbekistan? What that a part of some empire?

Also are the kazakhs mostly asian in appearance? My cousin has traveled through there, and she says they look like Kristin Kreuk who is mix white and asian. Is this true? Do the girls look like that. I searched for pictures, and youtube vids, and they look more asian.
Yes they look like a 'white' and asian mix to me. It shows you that 'Eurasians' do indeed exist in nature lol.

Old 08-26-2012, 09:58 PM

102,188 posts, read 107,790,902 times
Kirgizia is gorgeous, very dramatic scenery--mountainous, and Bishkek is nice, I've heard. The food is great! Would cost a small fortune to get there and stay there, unless you fly Aeroflot.

Old 08-26-2012, 11:32 PM

26,778 posts, read 22,521,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
Definitely agree. Central Asia was where East and West met, the Silk Route, great Empires, amazing scenery (highest mountains outside Himalayas, Gobi, vast steppes, tundra). Kazakhstan is coming up, it seems, but they are still recovering from years of Soviet rule.
All those "Great Empires" has got nothing to do with Asians ( unless we are talking about Genghis-Khan.)
Be that Bactria or Persia ( talking about the Great Empires) - those were Indo-Iranian people, that were overrun by Asians. ( You can still see kinda this mixture in Uzbeks and even more so - in Tajics.)
Kazakhs were nothing but nomads, even without their own written language - they've acquired Russian Cyrillic for writing.
( So when you are looking for sophisticated and more advanced Asian cultures, you need to look further East; Central Asia is not the place.)

Old 08-26-2012, 11:42 PM

Quote:

Kazakhs are plainly Asian in appearance, as much as Kirghiz people. Their type is simply unfamiliar to Westerners - they are bigger, huskier than what Westerners used to picture thinking about "Asians," but they are Asians of course nevertheless. It's another thing that Kazakhstan has big non-Asain chunk of population - namely Europeans, be that Russians, Ukrainians or Germans, who have been relocated in Kazakhstan earlier in times.
You can spot them here and there in the pictures; but that's what native Kazakh people look like;

Old 08-26-2012, 11:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
Yes they look like a 'white' and asian mix to me. It shows you that 'Eurasians' do indeed exist in nature lol.

There is no such thing Trimac, no matter how much you'd like to believe it.
There is only Russia, that combines different kind of people and stretches from Europe to Asia.

Old 08-27-2012, 05:00 PM

17,874 posts, read 15,925,121 times
Are the Kazakhs descended from the ancient Scythians or the Saka? Or are they are group that moved out of east asia and into central asia. If the kazakhs were indeed in Kazakhstan all this time, this boggles my mind thinking there were asian people living this close the Europe. Do they have any relations to the Khazars by any chance?

Old 08-27-2012, 06:47 PM

18,069 posts, read 18,803,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Kirgizia is gorgeous, very dramatic scenery--mountainous, and Bishkek is nice, I've heard. The food is great! Would cost a small fortune to get there and stay there, unless you fly Aeroflot.
The only good food there is Turkish, Russian, and Uzbek in origin.

Old 08-27-2012, 06:55 PM

18,069 posts, read 18,803,581 times
Quote:
Do they have any relations to the Khazars by any chance?
Yes
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia