Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-20-2012, 08:47 PM

1,527 posts, read 2,995,779 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by drshang View Post
I think the answer to this question is there are segments here depending on the person

a) you have a segment who views marrying a "westerner" as a ticket out of poverty, obviously most common in the poorer group of Asian countries or among impoverished people of wealthier Asian countries

b) a segment who uses marrying a westerner as a way of removing themselves from many of the cultural constraints of Asian society. I think this is particularly common in Japan and Taiwan, which tend to be less progressive toward women than some of the other countries (Japan the most, Taiwan less so)

c) a group fascinated with western culture; maybe they grew up liking US/EU celebrities, or watching English language TV, but have some kind of connection with a country not their own. I think this is to a certain degree a common reason why people will marry people from another country; for some reason they will feel a connection to the place where their partner may come from

d) a segment with a very strong sexual attraction/curiosity to people outside of their race/culture

Obviously there could be more than one of these factors. Sometimes you can't ignore a simple "serendipity" argument; sometimes couples end up together just because the cards end up falling a certain way and there aren't necessarily strong preconceived reasons behind it. But often some of these reasons manifest themselves or develop even if the meeting is relatively serendipitous.
A.) is for most SEAsian countries....though its noy westerner preferred in this area....as the woman would likely grab the nearest oppurtunity...if it wasnt a western caucasian...then another asian from a wealthier country

Old 12-21-2012, 06:35 AM

210 posts, read 275,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
In actual fact most of the men who visit SE Asia for sex are from elsewhere in Asia its just that no one notices it.
Are there any statistics that show most of the men who visit SE Asia for sex are from Asia?

Old 12-21-2012, 07:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capsuleneo View Post
Are there any statistics that show most of the men who visit SE Asia for sex are from Asia?
most men who look for wives in SE Asia are from Asia as well

Old 12-21-2012, 12:58 PM

2,918 posts, read 5,605,540 times
Quote:
all one needs to do is go to the P4P hotspots in SE asia to see a demonstration of this.

Old 12-21-2012, 05:29 PM
JL

8,522 posts, read 14,528,733 times
don't blame the women...the path to a green card and U.S citizenship can be worth it...

Old 12-21-2012, 05:29 PM

24,544 posts, read 56,029,399 times
Quote:
Well just visit some of the Go-go bars and see. Plenty of farangs, of course, but also plenty of Asian men, more Asian men.

Old 12-22-2012, 04:50 PM

7,034 posts, read 14,474,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
I've heard white men say that when they go to Japan women just throw themselves at them in a way that would never happen in a Western country.
Huh? Is this 2012 or 1970?

And to answer the OP's question, it's more like Caucasian men taking the initiative to seek out Asian Women. Women may go to places where they'll be approached by men but it's still the men who close the deal.

Old 12-25-2012, 03:51 AM

LOL this thread for western expats in the Philippines is hilarious...western men in Philippines fretting that the newer/younger generation of southeast asians may no longer find them appealing to date/marry due to the popularity of koreans
Teenage Filipinas adore S-Koreans - Romance, Dating, Marriage & Family - Living In Cebu Forums

Quote:
My two daughters aged 15 and 17 and their classmates are besotted by anything south Korean. They idolise the boy band stars, watch never ending romantic korean soaps, are glued to the Korean sat channels, have their bedroom walls plastered with korean posters, and even my youngest uses the face of a korean star on her facebook page.

This idolatry became very tangible this week when a group of S Korean students checked in our resort for a week. They bent over backwards to serve them, came running at every whim, spent endless hours chatting. One of the group driving a high end market people carrier took her to school in the morning, and she hasn't stopped talking about it since, the envy of all her classmates.

Its not really surprising, they love their ipods, iphones, smart trendy clothes, their manners, never scrimping on the menu, drink loads of beer and tip generously, and drive posh cars. Yet they are shy of western foreigners who choose the cheapest item on the menu, drive the lowest price rental moto, and never tip

Given that in 5 years time they may be looking for a husband, maybe a korean will be their first choice. If this is repeated up and down the Philippines, given that they and their classmates are average filippina teenagers, what hope is there for westerners anymore to find a wife here.

Old 12-28-2012, 11:55 AM

14,993 posts, read 23,877,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ejay1 View Post
LOL this thread for western expats in the Philippines is hilarious...western men in Philippines fretting that the newer/younger generation of southeast asians may no longer find them appealing to date/marry due to the popularity of koreans
Teenage Filipinas adore S-Koreans - Romance, Dating, Marriage & Family - Living In Cebu Forums
I think that has more to do with the K-pop phenomena in Asia right now.

My experience in Shanghai during a business trip last month - went to several expat bars (with the obligatory Philipino rock band playing). The mix was obvious - some upwardly mobile chinese couples, but lots of white american or european xpats with younger chinese womean. The working girls are getting even more agressive in Shanghai towards western men - got groped by one leaving the bar. Putting her arms around me, grabbing my junk, whispering promises of "f*ckee, s*ckee". My coworkers got a laught out of it. If my company gives me an extended tour of duty in Asia I'll probably end up divorced in a month.

Old 12-28-2012, 02:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dd714 View Post
I think that has more to do with the K-pop phenomena in Asia right now.

My experience in Shanghai during a business trip last month - went to several expat bars (with the obligatory Philipino rock band playing). The mix was obvious - some upwardly mobile chinese couples, but lots of white american or european xpats with younger chinese womean. The working girls are getting even more agressive in Shanghai towards western men - got groped by one leaving the bar. Putting her arms around me, grabbing my junk, whispering promises of "f*ckee, s*ckee". My coworkers got a laught out of it. If my company gives me an extended tour of duty in Asia I'll probably end up divorced in a month.
age range of women in asia who still see caucasians as attractive would be around 26-30ish and are mostly paid professionals....cough hookers cough

younger generation asian women do find the korean men more attractive...and korean men are more likely to find a non-working girl/attractive young asian woman then a western expat would...this is just based on my experiences
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia