Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-02-2015, 10:41 AM

749 posts, read 856,246 times

Advertisements

It's incredible that in the 21st century interracial couples are still viewed are scandalous by so many people. I think there is aspect that is often left of this recurrent debate, it's that choosing a mate is first and foremost a personal choice, not a political act. You share an individual's personal quality not the entire ethnic group they belong to.
If some White men and Asian girls chose to date each other it's their own business and I don't see what anyone else has to do with that. This only shows that racism and bigotry are still alive and well, in all colors.

Old 12-02-2015, 10:44 AM

8,864 posts, read 8,444,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seixal View Post
It's incredible that in the 21st century interracial couples are still viewed are scandalous by so many people.
Welcome to Asia.

Old 12-02-2015, 10:45 AM

5,214 posts, read 4,020,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greysholic View Post
There are women who are only interested in White guys, probably a lot of them, for various reasons. What I don't get is why others would care or even get upset over it. It's not like it's any of their business.
Well, actually if I cared more I'd be trying to make all the white guys a favor not to fall into the
"mail order bride" trap. Aside from the fact how offensive to women the term "mail order person" is - another issue is how this is a common scam, no different than the rich Nigerian prince type of letters.

I am not saying some Asian girls aren't attracted to white guys - some are, just saying it's not as common as those "White-Dutch Americans" think it is.

Old 12-02-2015, 10:51 AM

8,864 posts, read 8,444,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by euro123 View Post
I am not saying some Asian girls aren't attracted to white guys - some are, just saying it's not as common as those "White-Dutch Americans" think it is.
Actually a lot of Asian men believe in it as well. I see plenty of morons saying how the Asian women who date foreigners are sluts and how this is the evil legacy of Western Imperialism, like that loser in the video I posted.

It's hilarious, sad, but hilarious.

Old 12-02-2015, 12:36 PM

25,021 posts, read 27,930,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greysholic View Post
Actually a lot of Asian men believe in it as well. I see plenty of morons saying how the Asian women who date foreigners are sluts and how this is the evil legacy of Western Imperialism, like that loser in the video I posted.

It's hilarious, sad, but hilarious.
It's called confirmation bias. They probably assume every single white guy they see is dating an Asian, when that isn't true. Plus, on the other hand, when your city is close to 100% one ethnicity, yeah foreigners are gonna date Asians. I mean, what do they expect? lol.

The same exact thing happens here too. There's plenty of white guys that blow up in rage and call white women who date Asians, Latinos, and blacks as sluts, whores, etc. What I find really hilarious is some of those same white guys also blow up when they see an Asian girl dating a black or Latino. The common denominator is it's always someone who has no self-esteem that has these viewpoints. Lots of Latinas hook up with another ethnicity (my mom with a PRC Chinese, my sister with a white guy), but I don't care lol.

Old 12-02-2015, 12:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by euro123 View Post
Well, actually if I cared more I'd be trying to make all the white guys a favor not to fall into the
"mail order bride" trap. Aside from the fact how offensive to women the term "mail order person" is - another issue is how this is a common scam, no different than the rich Nigerian prince type of letters.

It's definitely not. Vast vats majority of the Asian girls I know in my uni are not dating a white guy. I would say more than 90% don't want to have anything to do with an American, romantically speaking. The only Asians that really go after white guys are the Asian-Americans, with Filipino women a far far second. If you think about the fact that several thousand white guys are dating Asians in Asia, then think that there's hundreds of millions of Asian females in Asia, that's a tiny tiny drop in the bucket. I don't have exact data, but I am 99% certain that 99.5% (+/- 0.4%) of Asian women in Asia prefer to date and marry their own countrymen

Old 12-02-2015, 01:19 PM

749 posts, read 856,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
It's definitely not. Vast vats majority of the Asian girls I know in my uni are not dating a white guy. I would say more than 90% don't want to have anything to do with an American, romantically speaking. The only Asians that really go after white guys are the Asian-Americans, with Filipino women a far far second. If you think about the fact that several thousand white guys are dating Asians in Asia, then think that there's hundreds of millions of Asian females in Asia, that's a tiny tiny drop in the bucket. I don't have exact data, but I am 99% certain that 99.5% (+/- 0.4%) of Asian women in Asia prefer to date and marry their own countrymen
Was you university located in an Asian country?

Old 12-02-2015, 01:38 PM

4,668 posts, read 3,898,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
My university was 100% opposite. 90% of the Asian girls dated American guys, whether white or black, mostly white as the school was in the mid-west and mostly white. There were far fewer Asian males then Asian females at the school, I do not know why that is. I also don't really know any Asian-Americans, so can't speak about that. I had 2 Japanese girls ask me out (I said no to both), and I dated a girl from Hong Kong for a couple years.

My wifes school here in the US, she is Chinese (mainland), had a large Chinese student population and it was very common for them to date white men. Her best friend married a black guy, and she knows a few other Chinese girls who ended up marrying white men, 1 married a Korean guy.

I completely agree with your last sentence. White male populations are a tiny drop in the bucket in the overall population Asia. No way more then .1% of the female population has dated, or married white men. Now I will say, if you are a white male, and halfway attractive, you will meet women interested in dating you almost anywhere in Asia. My wife had a white teacher in China, and she said he was incredibly ugly, and still dated students, even being 10 years older then most of the students. He finally married a girl and they have been married for 10+ years.

We've talked about it a few times, why it seems like a lot of Asian women are with white men, and she told me in China, from her experiences and her friends experiences, Chinese guys are pretty awful. She dated 2 guys and both cheated on her within 6 months. 1 even said he wanted to keep dating her, while sleeping with this other girl... of course my wife said no way. My wife told me it's common for Chinese men to have mistresses or get some on the side from whoever. She told me her dad cheated on her mom, and wouldn't apologize for it. I've been told it's similar in Japan and Korea. Their cultures are still dominated and controlled by men, but I've gotten to know some younger Chinese guys who seem pretty standup, so if that was true, it's changing for the better.

Old 12-02-2015, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattks View Post
My university was 100% opposite. 90% of the Asian girls dated American guys, whether white or black, mostly white as the school was in the mid-west and mostly white. There were far fewer Asian males then Asian females at the school, I do not know why that is. I also don't really know any Asian-Americans, so can't speak about that. I had 2 Japanese girls ask me out (I said no to both), and I dated a girl from Hong Kong for a couple years.

My wifes school here in the US, she is Chinese (mainland), had a large Chinese student population and it was very common for them to date white men. Her best friend married a black guy, and she knows a few other Chinese girls who ended up marrying white men, 1 married a Korean guy.

I completely agree with your last sentence. White male populations are a tiny drop in the bucket in the overall population Asia. No way more then .1% of the female population has dated, or married white men. Now I will say, if you are a white male, and halfway attractive, you will meet women interested in dating you almost anywhere in Asia. My wife had a white teacher in China, and she said he was incredibly ugly, and still dated students, even being 10 years older then most of the students. He finally married a girl and they have been married for 10+ years.

We've talked about it a few times, why it seems like a lot of Asian women are with white men, and she told me in China, from her experiences and her friends experiences, Chinese guys are pretty awful. She dated 2 guys and both cheated on her within 6 months. 1 even said he wanted to keep dating her, while sleeping with this other girl... of course my wife said no way. My wife told me it's common for Chinese men to have mistresses or get some on the side from whoever. She told me her dad cheated on her mom, and wouldn't apologize for it. I've been told it's similar in Japan and Korea. Their cultures are still dominated and controlled by men, but I've gotten to know some younger Chinese guys who seem pretty standup, so if that was true, it's changing for the better.
Asian men aren't any more controlling than men of any other race. That's a misinformed opinion, as all races of men have a big share of controlling men (except Scandinavia). I've never met any Asian girl that has said bad things about Asian men at all, and I'll be very suspect of those that do. Cheating is also extremely common among men in my culture as well, but that doesn't stop Latinas from dating Latinos. Cheating is also very common in the Western world among whites. The problem isn't unique to Asian men. Considering that more than 99% of Asian women in Asia marry Asian men and have kids with them, I think what you're hearing is very selective and biased, approach with caution. The data and marriage patterns do not reflect what you've heard. The only places where outmarriage is extremely high among Asian women is from Asian women born and raised in the West, especially so in the US. Even then more than half of Asian-Americans choose to marry another Asian-American. The fact of the matter is, more than 99% of Asian women in Asia don't want to have anything to do with a foreigner.

Also, Asian female students in the West are not your typical Asian female. Are they more likely to date a foreigner? Well, of course, but that doesn't mean every single one actively seeks out a white guy. There are so many myths, stereotypes, and misconceptions regarding Asian females and most of them are most likely not true.

Quote:
Originally Posted by seixal View Post
Was you university located in an Asian country?
US

Old 12-02-2015, 01:59 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,530,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattks View Post

Extra marital relationships are had and misogynistic attitudes can be held by ALL races/ethnicities/nationalities of men so that is a bogus excuse.

Asian women are usually not honest about their REAL agenda which is to have 'whiter' babies and be closer to 'white'. These Asian women who hate Asian men will have half Asian sons who will feel and resent the hatred that their Asian mothers and white fathers had for Asian men (Elliot Roger ring any bells)

https://hapasons.wordpress.com/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia