Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-15-2014, 11:49 PM

732 posts, read 779,791 times

Advertisements

lol so many speculations.?!?!!! Lets just face it, Phils isn't really poor. It is a middle income economy meaning internet is accessible almost everywhere cheap. The internet I'm using right now is just P299 per month and yet it loads in just seconds, so what's the big deal?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2014, 09:36 AM

3,065 posts, read 8,896,833 times
I think the Phillipines export more labor than any other country. No matter where you travel every port is dominated by Filipinos.

Old 08-16-2014, 01:27 PM

Probably the nomads of the modern times/world?

Old 08-20-2014, 07:44 AM

3 posts, read 7,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by neMarL View Post
lol so many speculations.?!?!!! Lets just face it, Phils isn't really poor. It is a middle income economy meaning internet is accessible almost everywhere cheap. The internet I'm using right now is just P299 per month and yet it loads in just seconds, so what's the big deal?
It may be cheap but it's also highly unreliable and you never get the speed you expect or that you paid for. I am on a 3.5Mbps contract but I barely get 0.2 Mbps downloads most days. It's bloody slow, not only for me but also my neighbors. It also depends on where you live. I'm sure it's better if you live in Manila. Basically most Philippines internet is 3G wifi service and you're speeds are throttled most times. It's like surfing the internet on a cell phone all day. It sucks and that's why it's cheap. I get 20+Mbps constant Internet speeds when I'm in my home country. Sorry, but if the Philippines wants to successfully compete with it's Asian neighbors it really needs to get it's Power Grid and Internet infrastructure upgraded.

Old 08-21-2014, 02:36 AM

The thing is if you want higher speed level, you always have 4G/LTE at a more expensive rate though with still limited coverage mostly at major cities. No worries, legislations are being crafted to upgrade these infrastructures.

Old 08-22-2014, 10:36 AM

987 posts, read 1,385,862 times
We've lived in a gated subdivision with about 600 home in the Philippines, NCR of Luzon for 17 yrs now and all is well, even our slow 3Mbps internet is OK for our purposes, also with our power and water!
We have no complaints, just enjoying our retirement lifestyle!

Old 08-22-2014, 10:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WalterDavis View Post
I can tell you exactly why it’s more fun in the Philippines in one sentence: because it is only in the Philippines that you have the best and the worst of the world; a mixture of sorts; a unique blending of people, language, economic status, food, culture and religion that despite the yin and the yangs, living and being in the Philippines is truly an experience! You can agree or disagree with me on my statement that I just wrote but being born in the Philippines and keeping my Filipino identity
I'm a Fil/Am who grew up in the U.S. and worked for the U.S. government for 30 yrs and we have now lived in the Philippines for 17 yrs and we're still here enjoying our retirement lifestyle!

Old 08-23-2014, 09:54 AM

40 posts, read 56,735 times
Ive heard phils is much more fun when you are super rich :P

Old 08-23-2014, 09:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iphoneneedsbattery View Post
Ive heard phils is much more fun when you are super rich :P
No not super rich! Just need an adequate source of income to keep pace with the local economy to live comfortably! It doesn't hurt though being rich!

Old 08-24-2014, 05:14 AM

675 posts, read 544,059 times
Only single men can truly appreciate the "Its More Fun In The Philippines" slogan lol

18-35 year old white man in shape dressed well = God mode
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia