Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-30-2012, 05:50 PM
JL

8,522 posts, read 14,528,733 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger Beer View Post
I can't stand K-Pop.

But, I like the Jazz-Pop Korean Band, 'Winterplay'!

WINTERPLAY (

Yeah...they're good...you might want to check out the KPop group After School....this here song is good, but you'll probably not like the second one..

[FULL HD] After School - Play Ur Love [hangul + romanization + eng sub] - YouTube

After School
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-30-2012, 07:44 PM

24,544 posts, read 56,029,399 times
Thanks JL, I like the first one. I actually wished they'd sung the whole song in Korean, though, to distinguish themselves.

Old 10-30-2012, 07:48 PM

10,420 posts, read 10,822,779 times
Ah that would be South Korea...there is a difference you know.

Old 10-31-2012, 02:55 AM

3,332 posts, read 3,691,596 times
Quote:
I never saw those. Itaewon and HongDae have a few Mexican taco places though.

Actually I'd be scared of 'Korean Tacos' if they had them. ANything that has any kind of tomato sauce in Korea, seems to be kimchi-ified and really off in taste.

I absolutely hated spaghetti in Korea, because of the spaghetti sauce. The same goes for any pizza made in Korea, except the foreign dominos chain.

I found that it's best to stick with only Korean food in Korea, and anything 'western' like spaghetti or sandwhiches or bread, was best to be avoided. (Excessive sugar in all breads, sandwhiches were just weak, and tomato sauce bases were weird).
I'm wondering if you are capable of commenting about Korea without a backhanded compliment? Ive been reading some threads and its obvious you hate Korea and love Japan which is quite alright. Korea is cool even though you love Japan more, samsung has overtaken Sony, hyundais are achieving higher ratings then toyota, Korean pop stars fill up the oricon charts (Japan's billboards), tourism to Korea is rising immensely, incheon airport has been voted the best by skytraxx 6years in a row now, Korea has a higher business friendly enviornment ranking then Japan, Korea HDI index is creeping into Japan's level. Give credit where its due Mr. I find your comments and opinions as irrelevent as me recommmending someone not to live in or visit japan because their chances of dying from a tsunami is very high.

Old 10-31-2012, 03:17 AM

11,039 posts, read 16,851,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebck120 View Post
I'm wondering if you are capable of commenting about Korea without a backhanded compliment? Ive been reading some threads and its obvious you hate Korea and love Japan which is quite alright. Korea is cool even though you love Japan more, samsung has overtaken Sony, hyundais are achieving higher ratings then toyota, Korean pop stars fill up the oricon charts (Japan's billboards), tourism to Korea is rising immensely, incheon airport has been voted the best by skytraxx 6years in a row now, Korea has a higher business friendly enviornment ranking then Japan, Korea HDI index is creeping into Japan's level. Give credit where its due Mr. I find your comments and opinions as irrelevent as me recommmending someone not to live in or visit japan because their chances of dying from a tsunami is very high.
Jeez, let's take it down a few notches, people.

As someone on the sidelines... you want to talk about backhanded? Go on an invoke a natural disaster that claimed thousands of lives to take a swipe at one person you disagree with. But thanks for letting everyone know that your motivations are equally as noble as the ones you deride.

Both countries have extremely rich histories and both have modernized at amazing paces; both have great food, great music, great cinema, amazing topography, beautiful women... they are both home to millions of wonderful people who offer beautiful and amazing things for the human race. Both countries and their societies offer plenty to admire. They also have plenty to be criticiszed, from nationalist genocide deniers to emasculated chaebol fellaters.

I've found that generally speaking, people who have to take on a nationalist identity are people who can't stand on their own achievements; people who attack a national identity are people who can't stand others' achievements.

Old 10-31-2012, 08:33 AM

16,257 posts, read 43,168,834 times
Quote:
You haven't read that many of my posts than.

I like both Japan and South Korea, I don't hate or love either one. I state things I love just as much things I don't like. I do the same with the U.S. where I grew up. Just because I don't like Korean Tacos in Korea, or think they are made so well, or even very common, doesn't mean I hate Korea.

If you want to just hear 100% praise for all things in Korea, it's better if you just stick to reading tourism brochures.

Last edited by Tiger Beer; 10-31-2012 at 08:43 AM..

Old 10-31-2012, 11:27 AM

6 posts, read 8,660 times
After several decades I've seen Hallyu and Korean pop culture become a world phenomenon.
What made the world realize that Korea is as cool as I knew it was?

Gangnam Style. So you're implying that Korea is cool? Nah, I'm joking.

HEEEEEEEY SEXY LADY
OP, OP OP OP, OPPAN GANGNAM STYLE

Old 10-31-2012, 08:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 415_s2k View Post
Jeez, let's take it down a few notches, people.

As someone on the sidelines... you want to talk about backhanded? Go on an invoke a natural disaster that claimed thousands of lives to take a swipe at one person you disagree with. But thanks for letting everyone know that your motivations are equally as noble as the ones you deride.

Both countries have extremely rich histories and both have modernized at amazing paces; both have great food, great music, great cinema, amazing topography, beautiful women... they are both home to millions of wonderful people who offer beautiful and amazing things for the human race. Both countries and their societies offer plenty to admire. They also have plenty to be criticiszed, from nationalist genocide deniers to emasculated chaebol fellaters.

I've found that generally speaking, people who have to take on a nationalist identity are people who can't stand on their own achievements; people who attack a national identity are people who can't stand others' achievements.
Thats why i said it would be an irrelevant /absurd opinion...

Old 10-31-2012, 08:58 PM

Quote:
You haven't read that many of my posts than.

I like both Japan and South Korea, I don't hate or love either one. I state things I love just as much things I don't like. I do the same with the U.S. where I grew up. Just because I don't like Korean Tacos in Korea, or think they are made so well, or even very common, doesn't mean I hate Korea.

If you want to just hear 100% praise for all things in Korea, it's better if you just stick to reading tourism brochures.
Nah, i can copy and paste some of your other opinions, your disdain for korea is obvious. Its alright though. I just wanted to counterbalance you.

Old 11-01-2012, 02:22 AM

16,257 posts, read 43,168,834 times
Quote:
Nah, i can copy and paste some of your other opinions, your disdain for korea is obvious. Its alright though. I just wanted to counterbalance you.
Thanks for not wasting the next few days doing that. It would be annoying to just have you searching all day for all the negatives, while ignoring all my positives of Korea.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia