Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-08-2020, 08:41 PM

7,643 posts, read 6,478,770 times

Advertisements

https://nypost.com/2020/12/08/suspec...icians-report/

That's KGB honey trap stuff right there.

Never trust a communist!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-09-2020, 07:39 PM

1,141 posts, read 1,208,549 times
Yet it gets very little press because he's a Dem from California. He's also on the intel committee lol

Old 12-09-2020, 11:17 PM

9,229 posts, read 9,758,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JakeinChina View Post
Yet it gets very little press because he's a Dem from California. He's also on the intel committee lol
There is no evidence that she is a spy. She has never been charged or arrested in the US.

If I were her, I would sue New York Post.
However she has been in China since 2015 and I guess she won't care.

Old 12-10-2020, 04:03 AM

1,141 posts, read 1,208,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bettafish View Post
There is no evidence that she is a spy. She has never been charged or arrested in the US.

If I were her, I would sue New York Post.
However she has been in China since 2015 and I guess she won't care.
Bettafish, You're a Chinese National who is constantly defending China or any criticism of China and it's government. Why is that? Do you work for the Communist party or are you just some misinformed China national living overseas that has bought into too much propaganda from the party?

There was a case building by the FBI in regards to this woman, Fang Fang. The FBI doesn't just build cases out of the blue for innocent people.

Also, you can't deny that over the past 5 to 10 years, China has been caught (not accused but caught with evidence provided) in the U.S. stealing classified/confidential information on many areas from tech to military to agricultural farming practices. They either plant people in our open society or they pay people off.

I'm not some anti-China person, but facts are the facts and we need to look at all sides, not just be a cheerleader for China and it's gov't.

Last edited by JakeinChina; 12-10-2020 at 04:29 AM.. Reason: change of thought

Old 12-10-2020, 06:53 AM

14,993 posts, read 23,892,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JakeinChina View Post
Bettafish, You're a Chinese National who is constantly defending China or any criticism of China and it's government. Why is that? Do you work for the Communist party or are you just some misinformed China national living overseas that has bought into too much propaganda from the party?
There are a few here like that. It's easy to get paranoid and also makes jokes about it, laugh about it because what they post many times is just so ridiculously one-sided, but when you look at the posting history and EACH AND EVERY POST IS ON ONE TOPIC, DEFENSE OF CHINA it gets suspicious. One wonders.
It's like, don't they have any other interests?

Old 12-10-2020, 07:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangerous-Boy View Post
https://nypost.com/2020/12/08/suspec...icians-report/

That's KGB honey trap stuff right there.

Never trust a communist!
That Senator Swalwel is in a lot of trouble. Chinese are learning fast that the quickest way to secrets is to go below the belt. Russian's used to be experts at this.
Since China is finding a new route to stealing secrets and technology, hopefully they will stop loading spyware on my PC every time I travel there.

Old 12-10-2020, 08:10 AM

4,698 posts, read 4,074,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dd714 View Post
There are a few here like that. It's easy to get paranoid and also makes jokes about it, laugh about it because what they post many times is just so ridiculously one-sided, but when you look at the posting history and EACH AND EVERY POST IS ON ONE TOPIC, DEFENSE OF CHINA it gets suspicious. One wonders.
It's like, don't they have any other interests?
Lots of people only like to talk about one topic. Some people only talk about Trump, others only talk about religion and some only talk about China.

We all know that wumao is mainly an insult for someone who is pro-China. You need to be quite retarded if you seriously believe CCP is paying Chinese citizens with good English, 50 cent to post on city-data asia forum. Due to the rise of bots, I don't think the 50 cent army even exist anymore.

Also, didn't you criticize me for posting in the Politics and Other Controversies or was that someone else? I guess you can never post right.

Old 12-10-2020, 08:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camlon View Post
Lots of people only like to talk about one topic. Some people only talk about Trump, others only talk about religion and some only talk about China.

We all know that wumao is mainly an insult for someone who is pro-China. You need to be quite retarded if you seriously believe CCP is paying Chinese citizens with good English, 50 cent to post on city-data asia forum. Due to the rise of bots, I don't think the 50 cent army even exist anymore.

Also, didn't you criticize me for posting in the Politics and Other Controversies or was that someone else? I guess you can never post right.
CityData has caught paid state-actors posting before in the forums, usually from Russia. They aren't big on publicizing it, but I know it's happened. It still happens.

The entire P&C forum is just a cesspool. It's a running joke in CityData forum. CityData has created it for like a less moderated hands-off forum where almost anything goes. The problem is when they pick up those P&C posting habits and bringing it back to the other forums.

Old 12-10-2020, 09:16 AM

2,858 posts, read 2,172,880 times
From her picture it's unlikely that she was sent to perform honeypot type missions, at least not initially.
She looked like someone who didn't even know how to put on makeups.

Old 12-10-2020, 09:21 AM

4,698 posts, read 4,074,443 times
Quote:
CityData has caught paid state-actors posting before in the forums, usually from Russia. They aren't big on publicizing it, but I know it's happened. It still happens.
I think you missed the "good english" part. A real wumao is not going to be proficient in English and will either copy paste propaganda or use broken English.

Also, China don't need Wumaos anymore. Bots will do a much better job than a copy paste Wumao. In fact, on places like Twitter, bots are everywhere.

Quote:
The entire P&C forum is just a cesspool. It's a running joke in CityData forum. CityData has created it for like a less moderated hands-off forum where almost anything goes. The problem is when they pick up those P&C posting habits and bringing it back to the other forums.
In terms of quality, Asia forum is no better than P&C. So why are you here?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia