Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-26-2012, 08:55 AM

1,527 posts, read 2,979,616 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger Beer View Post
I think it really really really depends on each individual family.

Some Asian families, almost completely prohibit dating outside of their culture - Indian, Korean, etc. Others seem to be a little more open to it.

Filipinos, for example, seem to have little issues dating outside of Filipino ethnicity. They'll marry whites, blacks, koreans, japanese, seemingly well before they'd marry their own.

Japanese, in my experience, seem to be more open to marrying outside of Japanese, than their counterparts in Korea, for example. Koreans can be very nationalistic and xenophobic when it comes to marrying outside of Korea. (An exception for older Korean males marrying southeast asian women though).

I'm assuming your a black guy, so you are most interested in best places for black men. I'd say Philippines, Indonesia, Japan, Thailand.

If you are a black guy, you'll probably get a lot of resistance from Koreans, probably Vietnamese as well. You can also forget about India/Sri Lanka/Bangladesh/Pakistanetc. over in South Asia.
you obviously never been to thailand and philippines....but it can be prejudice over there
especially if you go outside the tourist friendly areas..Philippines is one of the few places where you can get rejected simply for being black or arab...4 out of 5 filipinas would not date/marry a black according to a survey they took in a docu I watched
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-26-2012, 10:19 AM

23,262 posts, read 23,621,950 times
My observations are for Asian-Americans, I should have qualified that in my first post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejay1 View Post
really depends on the situation...

most likely to date/marry a white man(chinese, thai and filipina- green card/white is right mentality)
though either filipina/thai would marry a japanese or korean due to the same circumstances

most likely to date/marry interacially all around(white/black/mexican/arab) is japanese

least likely to date/marry non-white non-asians.....koreans, thai, filipina

these are for asians in asia

Old 11-26-2012, 10:37 AM

16,284 posts, read 42,954,513 times
Quote:
those stats are asian americans.....basically people who have lived in the USA for generations...and have been around people of different races since birth

its a bit different in home countries....
Yeah, but it has some validity in Asia as well.

Actually, I think it's how they are raised. So a Korean family or Indian family, still retains that 'Only Indian' or 'Only Korean' well into the U.S.

Old 11-26-2012, 10:45 AM

Quote:
you obviously never been to thailand and philippines....but it can be prejudice over there
especially if you go outside the tourist friendly areas..Philippines is one of the few places where you can get rejected simply for being black or arab...4 out of 5 filipinas would not date/marry a black according to a survey they took in a docu I watched
I've been to the Philippines and Thailand many times.

But, true, that I wouldn't know what it was like to be black or arab in either country.

Surprising, that 4 out of 5 filipinas wouldn't date/marry a black man. At least when I've been in the Philippines, I've always seen a lot of ex-military guys who retire permanantly there, both black and white, and usually they stay there for the women.

Granted, a sex scene, and guys traveling 10,000 miles just to marry a farmgirl and bring her back home, are two drastically different things.

Old 11-26-2012, 11:49 AM

Quote:
I've been to the Philippines and Thailand many times.

But, true, that I wouldn't know what it was like to be black or arab in either country.

Surprising, that 4 out of 5 filipinas wouldn't date/marry a black man. At least when I've been in the Philippines, I've always seen a lot of ex-military guys who retire permanantly there, both black and white, and usually they stay there for the women.

Granted, a sex scene, and guys traveling 10,000 miles just to marry a farmgirl and bring her back home, are two drastically different things.
westerners usually dont go with farmgirls

farmgirls are the most likely to be prejudice as well

also something curious I found....the more stereotypical asian a thai or filipina look...the less likely they would date or marry interracialy

Old 11-26-2012, 12:49 PM

3,643 posts, read 10,688,315 times
Quote:
I think 1 out of 5 Filipinas willing to marry a black man is a lot. That's 20%. You wouldn't expect it to be so high in an Asian country. I'm sure the percentage who would marry white would be much higher though. I think many would marry Latinos as well, but they don't usually come to the Philippines

Quote:
also something curious I found....the more stereotypical asian a thai or filipina look...the less likely they would date or marry interracialy
What an odd observation. I dont think it has any basis

Old 11-26-2012, 12:56 PM

Quote:
I'm thinking, it might be because of education. I'd imagine the steroetypical look is more darker (less mixed already), whereas the ones mixed with chinese blood (or spanish blood) is more lighter-skinned....

Usually if spanish or chinese ancestors, they seem to be more education-oriented...which than makes them more international-minded.

That's just pure speculation though....

Old 11-26-2012, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smtchll View Post
I think 1 out of 5 Filipinas willing to marry a black man is a lot. That's 20%. You wouldn't expect it to be so high in an Asian country. I'm sure the percentage who would marry white would be much higher though. I think many would marry Latinos as well, but they don't usually come to the Philippines

What an odd observation. I dont think it has any basis
its a controlled evaluation from a sample of people....its not the entire country

they asked 5 people and 4 said they wouldnt..given that Manila is more worldly then the rest of the country...that would make some sense

trust me its not normal to see such relationships

Old 11-26-2012, 01:32 PM

Quote:
I'm thinking, it might be because of education. I'd imagine the steroetypical look is more darker (less mixed already), whereas the ones mixed with chinese blood (or spanish blood) is more lighter-skinned....

Usually if spanish or chinese ancestors, they seem to be more education-oriented...which than makes them more international-minded.

That's just pure speculation though....

I would think spanish mixed people would be more open to interracial mixing especially with europeans...so that knocks them out of the picture

chinese in the Philippines only seem to date/marry chinese

by stereotypical asian I meant filipinas who could pass for east asian(light skin, asian eyes, black hair) but are not necessarily mixed...I guess the correct term would be austronesian types

Last edited by ejay1; 11-26-2012 at 01:48 PM..

Old 11-26-2012, 05:31 PM

1,512 posts, read 8,135,803 times
Thank to all whom posted such great comments.

However, I'm still shocked that South Asian women tend to shy away from African-American/black males. Anyway, to each his own.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia