Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-25-2012, 05:05 PM

1,512 posts, read 8,165,947 times

Advertisements

The following thread was patterned after the one titled,"Are women in Latin America much less race conscious when dating?, in the Americas forum.

In general, are women on the Asian continent more or less race conscious when dating interracially then peoples (non-black persons) of not only of North America but South America too? Are they more or less likely to date and/or marry an African-American male? To those whom are African-American/Black and male, how are your experiences with women in Asia? Also, which Asian nationalities are more or less likely to interracially date?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-25-2012, 06:28 PM

24,544 posts, read 56,043,908 times
I guess I started the thread you patterned this on so I can't say too much, but I do think Latin America is culturally more homogeneous (yet the races there are more mixed) than say Europe or Asia, so generalization is slightly more acceptable in that case. In Asia, a country with 2/3rds of the world's population - even if you're referring to the Far East (East and SE Asia) and South Asia, that's about half the world's population right there. I think the vast majority of women in Asia will probably never consider a foreign man simply because they won't come across a foreign man in a dating situation, same way the majority of American women have not dated a non-American. Obviously, countries with the most foreign expats or tourists would top the list, but of course you hear a lot of mail order or internet brides from poorer countries going to the West or marrying expats, that would vary on the person. You also hear of some women having the 'white fever' equivalent to 'yellow fever' lol (i use these terms tongue in cheek) and seeking foreign men for a variety of reasons. It would be easier for a specific country, say Japan or Thailand. I personally have no experience dating women in Asia so I can't speak from personal experience.

Old 11-25-2012, 07:01 PM

23,527 posts, read 24,006,421 times
The races that are more likely to interracially date are:

1/ Filipina women
2/ Thai women

Least likely would be:

3/ Indian women

I would say with Japanese, Korean or Chinese women, that it would depend on the individual, because I have seen both sides (e.g. - open to interracial dating and those who are not).

Old 11-25-2012, 07:52 PM

255 posts, read 565,432 times
Depends on the person concerned, when I was in China, I knew a middle aged black guy who had some beautiful young girlfriends, but he kept himself in shape and was charming so it was pretty easy for him.

If you are good looking, in shape and have social skills, I don't think it would be too difficult to find a nice lady in China whatever colour you are. It is not the same in South Korea though, so it all depends which country is Asia you concentrate on.

Even if you are not handsome, being in shape and well turned out along with good social skills will take you a long way in China.

Old 11-25-2012, 09:01 PM

5,002 posts, read 12,357,512 times
In Japan, girls are often found dating foreign men and these men are called "handbag boyfriends." That's because as the name implies, the men are there as a status symbol and a "different experience."

Of course the same can be said in many places. Most places, whether they are white, black, asian, hispanic, etc. they will date outside their race but not MARRY into it. Rare is the woman who can look past it. I'm a lucky SOB in that regard.

Korea is much the same, Thai much the same, China, etc. Same in much of Europe, Africa ... doesn't matter where you go.

Old 11-25-2012, 09:15 PM

376 posts, read 652,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ccm123 View Post
The races that are more likely to interracially date are:

1/ Filipina women
2/ Thai women

Least likely would be:

3/ Indian women

I would say with Japanese, Korean or Chinese women, that it would depend on the individual, because I have seen both sides (e.g. - open to interracial dating and those who are not).
Wow that's pretty accurate from my expereince as well. A year ago, I finished a 1 year assignment in Korea and there is some social pressure for the girls not to date Westerterners...so of course they do...but most american guys I hung out with had secret Korean gf. Many don't want to be seen my the Korean men with you unless you are engaged. I worked in Shanghai a few years ago and there was a stronger desire to date foreigners there than what I expereinced in Korea.

I would say Filipina and Thai women would prefer a Western man to date over a local...in fact, I would say it's a strong preference. As far as black men go, from what I saw, most had Asian gf.

Indonesian & Malay women like foreigners but most are Muslim so they can only marry you if you are Muslim also.

Indian women are a tough nut to crack if that's yor thing.

Old 11-25-2012, 09:17 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,400,633 times
asian women discriminate alot. they expect u to have a job and manners.
new definition of discrimination, others not giving u what u want and how u want it and when u want it.

Old 11-25-2012, 09:42 PM

3,452 posts, read 4,617,499 times
Lived in South Korea for 6 months. Saw a handful of Korean interracial couples. 98% of the interracial couples were white man/korean woman. Saw a few black guys with korean girlfriends, but that was not the norm.

Korean women in general are pressured into marrying their own kind or marrying white men. Very discriminatory towards other races.

Heard that the chinese are even worse.

Old 11-25-2012, 09:56 PM

255 posts, read 565,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by usamathman View Post

Heard that the chinese are even worse.
Nowhere near as bad as the Koreans.

Old 11-25-2012, 10:08 PM

987 posts, read 1,385,983 times
Actually, if any man is somewhat presentable and has some worth responsibly by financial means and depending where they live can have a relationship with any race of women depending on the woman's culture, attitude and behavior towards other races besides their own race! It's all about one's situation and circumstances and where one lives long enough!
So, let's not stereotype any one race of the what ifs, because attraction between the sexes will eventually happen at the right time and at the right place as long one isn't a shut-in, a wallflower with no confidence in their life! Just go for it! We only live once!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia