Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-08-2013, 07:09 AM

1,754 posts, read 8,112,511 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermosaa View Post
Because there are so many Japs in Brazil too.. There ste 1.5 million and many were already born there.
There's a lot of Brazilians in the Philippine fashion industry.
There is celebration in the Philippines of group of Brazilians yearly, It started last 2007. They call it Brasilipinas. Brazilians are the 10th largest group of foreign residents in the Philippines.

BRASILIPINAS 2013 with mySlim - YouTube
some of those Brazilians descent from Japan went to the
Philippines too for modeling. Akihiro Sato & Daniel Matsunaga is just 2 of those
Japanese and Brazilian descent who work in the Philippines.

Daniel Matsunaga

http://l2.yimg.com/bt/api/res/1.2/Yf...lMatsunaga.jpg

Akihiro Sato

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m3...vw81o1_500.jpg

This is what they say about the Philippines. Their experience in the Philippines
as a foreign.

pt.1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8I0G9TNeK9Q
Priscilla Meirelles is now married to a Filipino guy

pt.2 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vlqcou7_5QU

pt.1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P8Ik-CaoEz8
Diana Menezes

pt.2 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xprPWcMcGyc

Last edited by pinai; 04-08-2013 at 07:41 AM..

Old 04-08-2013, 07:52 AM

1,527 posts, read 2,996,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinai View Post
There's a lot of Brazilians in the Philippine fashion industry.
There is celebration in the Philippines of group of Brazilians yearly, It started last 2007. They call it Brasilipinas. Brazilians are the 10th largest group of foreign residents in the Philippines.

BRASILIPINAS 2013 with mySlim - YouTube
some of those Brazilians descent from Japan went to the
Philippines too for modeling. Akihiro Sato & Daniel Matsunaga is just 2 of those
Japanese and Brazilian descent who work in the Philippines.

Daniel Matsunaga

http://l2.yimg.com/bt/api/res/1.2/Yf...lMatsunaga.jpg

Akihiro Sato

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m3...vw81o1_500.jpg

This is what they say about the Philippines. Their experience in the Philippines
as a foreign.

pt.1

1 Of 2 Priscilla Meirelles On Tonight With Arnold Clavio - YouTube
Priscilla Meirelles is now married to a Filipino guy

pt.2 -
2 Of 2 Priscilla Meirelles On Tonight With Arnold Clavio - YouTube

pt.1

1 Of 2 Daiana Menezes On Tonight With Arnold Clavio - YouTube
Diana Menezes

pt.2 -
2 Of 2 Daiana Menezes On Tonight With Arnold Clavio - YouTube
this makes me cringe

Old 04-08-2013, 10:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejay1 View Post
this makes me cringe
There's also video about 'Koryans in the Pilipins'

KORYANS In Da Pilipins - YouTube
^I'm sure you'll love to watch it Javen

Wonder why a lot of foreigners like the Philippines. Asians or Western.

Alpesh & Dina - Cebu Wedding Trailer - YouTube

^Filipinos like people who appreciate the Philippines and it's culture.
Specially if you'll see it sincerely that they are willing to even learn your own language.

Last edited by pinai; 04-08-2013 at 10:54 AM..

Old 04-08-2013, 11:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinai View Post
There's also video about 'Koryans in the Pilipins'

KORYANS In Da Pilipins - YouTube
^I'm sure you'll love to watch it Javen

Wonder why a lot of foreigners like the Philippines. Asians or Western.

Alpesh & Dina - Cebu Wedding Trailer - YouTube

^Filipinos like people who appreciate the Philippines and it's culture.
Specially if you'll see it sincerely that they are willing to even learn your own language.
well koreans arent the ones taking jobs from filipinos in the Philippines

koreans contributions to the Philippines is healthy food

brazilians contributions to the Philippines is butt grinding

Old 04-08-2013, 11:49 AM

3,635 posts, read 10,742,367 times
Most of the Brazilians in Japan are Brazilians of Japanese-descent. The trend worldwide is to move back to Japan. It happens with Japanese-Americans too

Old 04-08-2013, 07:22 PM

24,544 posts, read 56,037,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smtchll View Post
Most of the Brazilians in Japan are Brazilians of Japanese-descent. The trend worldwide is to move back to Japan. It happens with Japanese-Americans too
Really? I mean I can imagine a few who might be curious to go there to teach English or something, but I would have thought most Japanese Americans consider America home.

Old 04-08-2013, 07:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smtchll View Post
most japanese-americans consider america home from what I have seen....japanese-brazilians come from a rather poorish country and go to 1st world japan looking for oppurtunity

Old 04-08-2013, 10:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejay1 View Post
well koreans arent the ones taking jobs from filipinos in the Philippines

koreans contributions to the Philippines is healthy food

brazilians contributions to the Philippines is butt grinding
What food? Kim Chi noodles, that's the only food that I know from Korea that I tried. I actually don't eat Korean food.
I guess Kpop, those Filipinos who even wanted to look like Korean.

Old 04-08-2013, 11:59 PM

3,635 posts, read 10,742,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
Really? I mean I can imagine a few who might be curious to go there to teach English or something, but I would have thought most Japanese Americans consider America home.
I guess it depends on the generation, but many of the Japanese that have come to America recently plan on moving back to Japan soon. I did some research where I had to interview Japanese families in the US. They all had kids who were either born in Japan and moved to the US at a young age, or they were born and raised in the US. All of those kids said that they plan on moving to Japan and staying permanently, and of course, all their parents said they were moving back too. It was a shock because the kids seemed very American.

Old 04-09-2013, 12:27 AM

2,351 posts, read 7,087,735 times
[quote=pettyhate

Philippines - Probably the most friendly place I have ever been in the world they even call you sir everywhere you go, English in the Philippines is very high standard even better than in Singapore so its easy to interact with the locals and they like to ask questions its like they are happy that you chose the Philippines to visit.[/QUOTE]

As a Filipino, I want to say thank you. My husband says the same. Filipinos really try to serve their tourists and you can always ask them to do anything and they will not complain. In other countries, it is hard to ask favours or anything. I have a hard time in other countries because example when taking a cab alone with my baby, the drivers wont even care to help me put the buggy in and out of the trunk. In the Philippines, you don't even have to ask them anything anymore , they will get up right away and do it for you. Also, in the Philippines, if you go to a specific place and you are not so familiar with it, the drivers will really go out of their way to look for it, not the same in other countries that as long as they take you to the same street, they will just drop you off and you will be on your own to look for it. Filipinos really give you service.

It is really an advantage that Filipinos speak English and not just any English but a clear English so understanding each other is not a problem at all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia