Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-14-2013, 06:54 AM

1,527 posts, read 2,995,779 times

Advertisements

Malaysian chinese : Misunderstood On Islam r (Pt 1/ 3 ) - YouTube

kind of ran into this video.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2013, 08:02 AM

37,123 posts, read 39,337,475 times
Malaysian Chinese - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

According to that, which cites Malaysia's census bureau, 0.66% of Malaysian Chinese profess they are Muslim.

Old 01-14-2013, 08:46 AM
kyh

372 posts, read 1,268,027 times
Off topic: How many Tagalogs and Visayans are Muslims then?

Old 01-14-2013, 09:05 AM

15,323 posts, read 23,905,668 times
My gf is Malaysian Chinese and Buddhist (as are most of her malaysian chinese friends). I think most are buddhist or non religious.

Old 01-14-2013, 10:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyh View Post
Off topic: How many Tagalogs and Visayans are Muslims then?
none that I have seen

usually the only muslims I have seen in visayas were transplants from mindanao(meaning they were from ethnic groups in mindanao who were muslim maranao/tasug who moved and settled in visayas to live a better life)

Old 01-14-2013, 12:17 PM
kyh

Quote:
Originally Posted by marothisu View Post
My gf is Malaysian Chinese and Buddhist (as are most of her malaysian chinese friends). I think most are buddhist or non religious.
and roughly 10% are christian.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejay1 View Post
none that I have seen

usually the only muslims I have seen in visayas were transplants from mindanao(meaning they were from ethnic groups in mindanao who were muslim maranao/tasug who moved and settled in visayas to live a better life)
i read about islam making slow inroads into the community. there are stories of converts among christian filipinos to islam. and then there's the notorious muslim convert terrorist group 'rajah suleiman movement'. i wonder how's the fate of that group lately. any news about them?

Old 01-14-2013, 01:16 PM

Quote:
and roughly 10% are christian.

i read about islam making slow inroads into the community. there are stories of converts among christian filipinos to islam. and then there's the notorious muslim convert terrorist group 'rajah suleiman movement'. i wonder how's the fate of that group lately. any news about them?
they have made some inroads in manila....i have been seeing a growing number of muslims there lately.....visayas is still strongly catholic

as for the RSM.....they seem to be eradicated
http://www.globaljihad.net/view_news.asp?id=1038

Old 01-14-2013, 04:56 PM
kyh

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejay1 View Post
they have made some inroads in manila....i have been seeing a growing number of muslims there lately.....visayas is still strongly catholic

as for the RSM.....they seem to be eradicated
Global Jihad - RAJAH SULAIMAN LEADER ABU JIHAD ARRESTED
There's this "Balik Islam" movement among converts that campaigns for the return to Islam among Filipinos.

I wonder whether there are converts from Muslim to any of the Christian faith in the Philippines? Are there evangelization missions that seek to reach out to them, whether in Christian-majority provinces or in ARMM?

Old 01-14-2013, 06:14 PM

1,141 posts, read 2,201,644 times
Quote:
There's this "Balik Islam" movement among converts that campaigns for the return to Islam among Filipinos.

I wonder whether there are converts from Muslim to any of the Christian faith in the Philippines? Are there evangelization missions that seek to reach out to them, whether in Christian-majority provinces or in ARMM?
I think most missions will welcome any convert, but evangelization specifically for Muslims is playing with fire. I am not sure if Martin and Gracia Burnham were converting Muslims at the time they were kidnapped. For those who don't know the story, Martin Burnham got killed.

Old 01-14-2013, 06:42 PM
kyh

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenTiger View Post
I think most missions will welcome any convert, but evangelization specifically for Muslims is playing with fire. I am not sure if Martin and Gracia Burnham were converting Muslims at the time they were kidnapped. For those who don't know the story, Martin Burnham got killed.
I sometimes find it so ironic that Christians in countries where they form the majority are so paranoid at reaching out to the Muslims, while Muslims on the other hand have the guts to go out on the streets, shouting slogans and holding campaigns for the whole country to embrace Islam even when they are only a tiny minority, like the 'Balik Islam' movement and the various Islamist groups in the West.

http://www.balikislam.com

https://www.facebook.com/pages/BALIK...12310398810000

Last edited by kyh; 01-14-2013 at 06:55 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia