Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: I prefer...
Jakarta 50 43.48%
Manila 65 56.52%
Voters: 115. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-06-2014, 05:47 AM

96 posts, read 214,082 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by indoberry View Post
IKEA will be opened in Alam Sutera in Tangerang. So its not actually located in Jakarta, but in one of its urban suburbs. (all pics from skyscrapercity.com)

Latest pics:

Its next to the Alam Sutera Mall

This is nice info. It should expand also in the Philippines. Maybe, in the suburbs too.

Old 07-06-2014, 05:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by indoberry View Post
Its an odd way of looking at it. If that's the case, then Singapore would have a tiny amount of stores, especially Kuala Lumpur which has only 500.000 people. What's more important is the AMOUNT OF HIGH NET WORTH INDIVIDUAL, i.e. the amount of rich people living there. There is absolutely no doubt that there is a much greater amount of rich people living in Jakarta versus in Manila.

Plus, as we've discussed earlier, Jakarta only amounts to 15% of Indonesian GDP while Manila up to 36% of Philippine GDP.
Yes. That's true. In the Philippines case, Metro Manila is the most progressive region, including the so-called Mega Manila which caters most of the Economic zones of the Philippines.

Old 07-06-2014, 05:59 AM

Another thing which Manila can be proud of is its Entertainment Industry. Given that it is predominantly a Christian Country, it can cater the likes of Solaire and Resorts World.

Old 07-06-2014, 06:10 AM

The good thing about Philippine set-up is that, even though economic activity is concentrated in Metro Manila, there are other Philippine cities duplicating what Manila has achieved. SO that by 2050, Philippines will be the 5th largest economy in Asia and the largest in SEA.

Source:

News | Multiplan International

Old 07-06-2014, 06:22 AM

282 posts, read 706,704 times
What about HOOTERS BAR and RESTAURANT IN SM BAY AREA MANILA FROM LAS VEGAS NEVADA?

CREDIT TO THE OWNER

Old 07-06-2014, 06:28 AM

732 posts, read 774,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 62914 View Post
Thanks for welcoming me coach. You are the first one to welcome me in this thread! Hope others would welcome me too.
Welcome!

Old 07-06-2014, 06:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Rajko View Post
What about HOOTERS BAR and RESTAURANT IN SM BAY AREA MANILA FROM LAS VEGAS NEVADA?

CREDIT TO THE OWNER

Very nice!

Old 07-06-2014, 06:41 AM

732 posts, read 774,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goshio22 View Post
What we don't have premium malls connected with hotels and bars? Didn't you even know that pacific place is associated with a hotel complete with bars and nighclub? Or grand indonesia with kempinski? Or the premium luxurious plaza indonesia? The 3 of them are better than greenbelt when it comes to level of premium brands and shopping ambience.

Bars, museum, observatories or fast food restaurant chains? All of those we have it, most of the listing you wrote about the restaurant chains are available in Jakarta. Did you have laudree macaroon shop? Or Paul restaurant in manila? I doubt so. And did you know JCO are indonesians?
huh better? I should have tried it first before coming up with such conclusions...

Btw yes we do have Paul, the first in SEA at SM Aura with a second one opening somewhere in BGC, just a stone-throw away with each other.

Old 07-06-2014, 06:44 AM

282 posts, read 706,704 times
OR GET PARTY WITH NEVERLAND MANILA with EARTH'S BEST DJs

creditto neverlandmanila.com

Old 07-06-2014, 07:30 AM

1,016 posts, read 3,645,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Rajko View Post
Source?

CRAP statement! We are the poorest???? We are better than Vietnam among other SEA nations though..

We at least experienced to become second to JAPAN way back then, and now we're doing good in Asean region once more.. while yours never experienced to reach what we had before.. Its just now that your economy is gaining fast now a days. Don't hallucinate on some things..don't be CHINA! To dream big is good, but to bent the history was crappy.

We are best in BPO so far i could proudly say.

Your PT Pal military industry is just shaping up, if they compete with other MILITARY builders in Asia like Hanjin who happened to be in Subic in Ph, Daewoo in Korea, Astral of Australia who happened to be located in Talamban Cebu in Phils.. they're having a hard time with those big players.

Luckily your PT Pal Military won the bidding in our NAVYs requirements. you should be thankful to that, it will generate incomes to those labor force of your country.

Sorry Indoberry for this, but this sounds... i don't know
What? Pindad produce weapon that ph buys lol.

Now the entire Singapore isle generates more gdp than an entire nation of 100 million.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia