Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: I prefer...
Jakarta 50 43.48%
Manila 65 56.52%
Voters: 115. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-09-2014, 09:30 AM

282 posts, read 705,714 times

Advertisements

@Susu Enrico

Maayong buntag boss!

Read first before you talk. Para kang di pinoy.

Apl de ap
apl.de.ap Highest-Paid Rapper in the World - Mediamass

Old 07-09-2014, 09:55 AM

1,021 posts, read 3,641,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Rajko View Post
@Susu Enrico

Maayong buntag boss!

Read first before you talk. Para kang di pinoy.

Apl de ap
apl.de.ap Highest-Paid Rapper in the World - Mediamass
On the link:

UPDATE 09/07/2014 : This story seems to be false.

Old 07-09-2014, 10:07 AM

82 posts, read 245,420 times

hahahahahaha

Old 07-09-2014, 10:10 AM

82 posts, read 245,420 times
seriously, why would apl be the highest paid rapper in the world?
what does he do? he's only famous because of BEP but where are they now?

compare to jayz and diddys productions and clothing lines

dr. dres productions and beats electronics

Old 07-09-2014, 10:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goshio22 View Post
On the link:

UPDATE 09/07/2014 : This story seems to be false.
My fault..

Anyway let me downgrade instead.

Excerpts from the news:

A founding member of the Black Eyed Peas, apl.de.ap was integral to the band's phenomenal success. With more than 76m records sold, and global hits such as "Where Is the Love" and "I Gotta Feeling", the group is one of the most successful pop acts of all time. Following in the footsteps of fellow band members Fergie, will.i.am and Taboo, apl.de.ap is launching a solo career and looks forward to delighting fans with more hits. Apl.de.ap is also an active philanthropist through his Apl Foundation, focused on educational projects in Asia.

source:
Apl.de.ap From Black Eyed Peas to Headline the EF Summeranza 2014 Festival in London, England | Reuters

At least for sure he is that rich, though not that riches.

Old 07-09-2014, 10:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susu Enrico View Post
seriously, why would apl be the highest paid rapper in the world?
what does he do? he's only famous because of BEP but where are they now?

compare to jayz and diddys productions and clothing lines

dr. dres productions and beats electronics
Okay, well said bai. Let me change to your fellow cebuano instead,

Monique Lhuillier - N.Y. fashion designer

https://www.moniquelhuillier.com/flagships/2

Old 07-09-2014, 11:39 AM

Shangri la Mall Mandaluyong City, M.M.

Old 07-09-2014, 01:05 PM

96 posts, read 213,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goshio22 View Post
The listing doesn't include 200 malls, i am asking those in Mega Manila, can you proof there is 200 malls?

You just have to learn to live with the fact that we have more malls than Manila.

You ask me to read your article and then ask me not to fully believe in an article/source... ok LOLL!!!

I have many article that confirms it:

detikNews : Jokowi: Jakarta Kota dengan Mall Terbanyak di Dunia
Data Pertumbuhan Mal di Kawasan Jakarta | -metro- | Tempo.co
No more malls in Jakarta: Jokowi | The Jakarta Post
Jokowi: Too Many Malls in Jakarta | Metro | Tempo.Co :: Indonesian News Portal

I think you can easily find the listing of the malls online too.

In 2013 10 malls open, another 8 in metropolitan area.
Ini Dia Mal-mal Baru di DKI, Dari Pondok Indah Sampai Pluit
My listing at wiki was done personally by me and updated through time by any reader, subject to personal verificaion.

I say it again. Metro Manila has around 200 malls, excluded already are the supermakets included in my list. More specifically, Metro Manila has more than 170 malls similar to Jakarta (as claimed by the article).

Mega Manila is different as it will include neighboring cities which also house numerous malls.

Assuming, but not conceding, that Jakarta has more malls than Metro Manila. The difference will not be that much given the listing I gave you, which is more than 170 also. Then the floor area will come into play. Manila may be 10 malls shorter (only an assumption), but we know that malls in Metro Manila are bigger.

If you want to dispute that fact, then provide us your list of malls with corresponding floor area.

That's it.

My point in all of my postings here is that, we have to be polite. We can prove our points by not becoming rude that we have to say negative things about a country and about the people living therein just to prove our point.

Well, I too became rude at some points in this forum but not so so rude). I found it necessary to serve as a reflection. The tendency is that we cannot see ourselves as rude until we see someone acting so unpleasantly.

Old 07-09-2014, 01:13 PM

1,021 posts, read 3,641,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 62914 View Post
My listing at wiki was done personally by me and updated through time by any reader, subject to personal verificaion.

I say it again. Metro Manila has around 200 malls, excluded already are the supermakets included in my list. More specifically, Metro Manila has more than 170 malls similar to Jakarta (as claimed by the article).

Mega Manila is different as it will include neighboring cities which also house numerous malls.

Assuming, but not conceding, that Jakarta has more malls than Metro Manila. The difference will not be that much given the listing I gave you, which is more than 170 also. Then the floor area will come into play. Manila may be 10 malls shorter (only an assumption), but we know that malls in Metro Manila are bigger.

If you want to dispute that fact, then provide us your list of malls with corresponding floor area.

That's it.

My point in all of my postings here is that, we have to be polite. We can prove our points by not becoming rude that we have to say negative things about a country and about the people living therein just to prove our point.

Well, I too became rude at some points in this forum but not so so rude). I found it necessary to serve as a reflection. The tendency is that we cannot see ourselves as rude until we see someone acting so unpleasantly.
Where is the listing of this around 200 malls? do you have any article or source that mentions it? where is the proof i am asking for it because you keep asking me for it, if you have no credible source, then the listing in wikipedia is your only support which is definitely nothing close to 170 malls. we don't have the exact figure for Jabodetabek metropolitan but we have 170 malls for sure in Jakarta city alone. Even if the mall in Manila have more floor space, the total mall space in Jakarta is still much more, simply because we have more malls.

And the wikipedia listing didn't really have more anything close to 170 malls as you keep claiming.

Errr 10 mall shorter ok an assumption, and yes the main malls in Manila are bigger and i didn't argue about that one, but because we have more malls we have more space. Its really as simple as that lol.

Old 07-09-2014, 09:28 PM

THE GOOD COUNTRY INDEX

[SIZE=3]Overall rankings of ASEAN states:[/SIZE]

Singapore = 27
Thailand = 53
Malaysia = 58
Lao PDR = 104
Cambodia = 112
Philippines = 114
Indonesia = 119
Viet Nam = 124

SOURCE:
Overall Rankings — The Good Country Index
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.