Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-16-2013, 06:26 AM

844 posts, read 1,656,710 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bettafish View Post
People in China also say Cantonese girls are ugly (not always true of course).
The saying is places near Yangtze River produce beautiful ladies. But most overseas Chinese are from the deep south such as Guangdong.
I wouldn't call it "deep south".

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2013, 06:34 AM

24,544 posts, read 56,029,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bettafish View Post
I believe most white people still prefer Asians who look like white in some aspects.
However those who have an "Asian fetish" are unique to begin with.

Look at this popular Chinese actress Li Bingbing. I can't believe white men don't like her (she is pure Chinese).
I think she's attractive, and I don't believe any man with decent taste who was open would find her unattractive. Definitely WAY better looking than Lucy Liu.

Old 05-16-2013, 06:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger Beer View Post
That basically makes the point right there. Li Bingbing looks more white than Chinese. She looks eurasian.

Her eyes and nose and lips and everything looks like it's been altered. She is attractive, but looks like she's had a lot of work done to make her look less chinese, and more western.

Chinese males are apparently very attracted to that look. For caucasian males, I think she's still attractive, but I'd prefer a 'less altered' look.
She doesn't look more white than Chinese. Look at Nancy Kwan or something, she looks half Chinese. There are many Chinese girls who look like her without surgery, although I don't know if she's had it or not. It's the Koreans who are less likely to have bigger eyes hence why they have so much surgery.

Old 05-16-2013, 06:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
I think she's attractive, and I don't believe any man with decent taste who was open would find her unattractive. Definitely WAY better looking than Lucy Liu.
Lucy Liu is probably below average...

Old 05-16-2013, 06:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ag77845 View Post
Lucy Liu is probably below average...
Agreed, I don't get the appeal.

Old 05-16-2013, 12:00 PM

37,128 posts, read 39,337,475 times
Quote:
I wouldn't call it "deep south".

How much further south can you you really get in China besides Hainan?

I like the more pronounced facial features of southern chinese/southeast asians. Don't really mind them at all.

Also, I wonder if Guangzhou will ever have a prominent population of half asian/half black super hot people.

Old 05-16-2013, 12:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OyCrumbler View Post
How much further south can you you really get in China besides Hainan?

I like the more pronounced facial features of southern chinese/southeast asians. Don't really mind them at all.

Also, I wonder if Guangzhou will ever have a prominent population of half asian/half black super hot people.
I think the term deep south should be reserved for former Confederate states only.

Super hot?

Most of Africans in Guangzhou are illegal, and serious problems arise. Local people dislike illegal Africans because they are illegal trouble makers, illegal Africans claim that they suffer from racial discrimination.

Africans' Protests Highlight Tensions in Guangzhou - China Real Time Report - WSJ
Africans in Guangzhou - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 05-16-2013, 12:25 PM

Quote:
I think the term deep south should be reserved for former Confederate states only.

Super hot?

Most of Africans in Guangzhou are illegal, and serious problems arise. Local people dislike illegal Africans because they are illegal trouble makers, illegal Africans claim that they suffer from racial discrimination.

Africans' Protests Highlight Tensions in Guangzhou - China Real Time Report - WSJ
Africans in Guangzhou - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
There's also a very significant proportion of Africans in Guangzhou that is there legally. There is also an even larger proportion, and really a majority, of Africans who are there for business and are not trouble makers of any sort save for overstaying their visas.

Yea, super hot. Blasians are hot, that's just what they are generally.

Old 05-16-2013, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OyCrumbler View Post
There's also a very significant proportion of Africans in Guangzhou that is there legally. There is also an even larger proportion, and really a majority, of Africans who are there for business and are not trouble makers of any sort save for overstaying their visas.

Yea, super hot. Blasians are hot, that's just what they are generally.
Quote:
According to reports in Chinese media, the Guangzhou Academy of Social Sciences, a local-governmental think tank, about 20,000 registered Africans lived in Guangzhou in 2008, but the actual number, including short-term residents and illegal immigrants, was estimated at as much as 200,000, which roughly equaled 2% of Guangzhou’s population and compared with about 5,700 Japanese working for Japanese companies in Guangzhou.
It seems that most of them are not registered(undocumented workers?).

Since communist Chinese government is so lame, I guess they won't improve border control at all, and Guangzhou will become a majority-minority city within decades.

Old 05-16-2013, 02:38 PM

Quote:
It seems that most of them are not registered(undocumented workers?).

Since communist Chinese government is so lame, I guess they won't improve border control at all, and Guangzhou will become a majority-minority city within decades.
200K was the very top range of the estimate with the bottom range substantially lower. It's quite likely that the majority have actually overstayed their visas and are there illegally, but there's still a substantial portion who are there legally. And again, aside from overstaying their visas, most are just there to conduct their otherwise legitimate import/export business and are not looking to be permanent migrants of any sort.

I have a really hard time believing Guangzhou will be be majority-minority within decades. This is a massive city of 12.78 million and still absorbing a massive population influx from other parts of China. The African population is the largest foreign population and they are barely a drop in the bucket (even if using the highest estimates) and haven't shown any signs of trying to establish a large permanent population in the decade or so this has been going on and there seems to be no signs that the government nor the citizens are particularly welcoming. Meanwhile, many of the nations where these guys come from are going through an economic boom while on a larger macro level those countries are just about to enter the demographic dividend phase of their population history where massive population growth has recently curtailed meaning a fat segment of the population will be entering productive years pretty soon with relatively few elders or children to have to support, so the push to get out for anything other than business isn't likely to be all that strong.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia