Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-05-2013, 02:07 AM

30,355 posts, read 19,128,594 times

Advertisements

I worked in Mongolia for 1 year and also in China & Korea. Mongolians hate the Chinese but understand they need to trade with them. The Chinese fear Mongolians on a one on one basis as the Mongols are powerfully built, wrestle their entire life and can be more aggressive and also tend to drink heavily.

As someone else mentioned, the Koreans tolerate/respect the Mongols more than most other nationals and a significant number of Mongols work illegally in Korea. Mongolians have a strong bond with Russians and also tolerate the Koreans quite well.

The Mongolians culture is unique and they are fun loving people. Their economy is growing fast due to mining (why I was there). They are quite intelligent but still suffer from confusion of communism for 70 years followed by capitalism that conflicts with their communist upbringing and to some degree with Buddhism that many follow there.

Old 11-25-2013, 04:21 PM

37,126 posts, read 39,337,475 times
I know there are some notable Mongolian sumo wrestlers. I guess that's interesting.

Old 11-26-2013, 12:30 AM

9,556 posts, read 20,786,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
I worked in Mongolia for 1 year and also in China & Korea. Mongolians hate the Chinese but understand they need to trade with them. The Chinese fear Mongolians on a one on one basis as the Mongols are powerfully built, wrestle their entire life and can be more aggressive and also tend to drink heavily.

As someone else mentioned, the Koreans tolerate/respect the Mongols more than most other nationals and a significant number of Mongols work illegally in Korea. Mongolians have a strong bond with Russians and also tolerate the Koreans quite well.

The Mongolians culture is unique and they are fun loving people. Their economy is growing fast due to mining (why I was there). They are quite intelligent but still suffer from confusion of communism for 70 years followed by capitalism that conflicts with their communist upbringing and to some degree with Buddhism that many follow there.
I think for a long time a lot of people feared the Mongols, the 'Golden Horde', with memories of their conquests fresh in their mind.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia