Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-23-2013, 08:04 AM

1,527 posts, read 2,997,996 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by calicali01 View Post

that plain evil...kidnapping these women and forcing them to do this
those men who participate in this will get whats coming to them
maybe one of their sisters will end up being trafficked to prostitution
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2013, 08:53 AM

1,482 posts, read 2,384,233 times
The Chinese - Korean mix is not really so strange when you think about it. There is an autonomous Korean province in Northeastern China called Yablan that has a 125 year old history and about 2.2 million people living there and almost half of them are ethnic Koreans. All told there are about 1.9 million ethnic Koreans living in China.

If you live in the Chicago area You'll find an interesting Chinese Korean eatery at 3254 West Lawrence Ave. called The Great Sea" . The cooks are all ethnic Chinese and the wait staff are all Korean Chinese. Everyone speaks both languages and of course English. The food is very interesting. Chinese food to fit the Korean taste. Korean spices are often used and the have severak type of kim chi.

Old 07-26-2020, 12:25 AM

1,136 posts, read 524,938 times
Not too common actually unlike some media reported.
People need to know media are not always correct or just know a few instead of most people.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bettafish View Post
Many Chinese men go to Vietnam to find a wife.
They pay something like 20000 yuan (3000 USD) to the agents.

Old 07-26-2020, 01:20 AM

2,518 posts, read 2,056,725 times
^poster above me necro-bumped a thread from 2013, but I want to say on my online dating website here in 2020,
there is a veritable flood of chinese women showing up in my search/browse results.

Their ads stick out, because the profile sections that call for free-form text responses are often filled with basic, dismal, subpar command of the English language.

I wonder how many of them:

A) are legit, lawfully immigrated women who just lack some ESL classes
B) are just the ordinary hopeful greencard hunters
C) are human trafficking subjects
D) creative spammers and scammers are just using their stolen pics

but "they are like a thing now" on my O.L.D. site.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia