Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-08-2013, 06:29 AM

1,754 posts, read 8,111,974 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by todd00 View Post
So you think thats all they think about? How ridiculous. My girl friend is there in the Philippines, her sister has only one child, thats all they will have, he is about 11 now. She is poor but smart enough to realize if you have trouble feeding yourself having several kids only makes life harder for both the parents and the kids. So its about responsibility and having some common sense. Her brother and wife had a child and its been very hard for them. Her sister was so mad they did not wait and consider the costs of having a child. Public healthcare is not good at all there either. Its not like over here with medicaid and people getting good care for themselves and their kids.

The church can preach about it and say distributing condoms is not right, of course they are not the ones very poor, and trying to take care of the children. The church isn't being any help with a 19th century stance on birth control. Yes, they do still have a lot of power, and I have no idea how they could still be so powerful with scandal after scandal for years and years. It's completely a do as I say not as I do thing with them.

Abortion is not legal there but there are people that do it. I knew a gal that met a guy from Australia, what a slime he was, anyway he got her pregnant and she didn't know what to do. She was actually thinking of killing herself. In the end the slime came back but rather than marry her, they found a place and she had an abortion. She learned a lesson the hard way. I lost touch with her, she was going to college for IT, so I hope she was able to get a job. She was a real romantic and was just looking for true love. Its too bad she found someone like that creep.
Now that they passed the RH Bill, let's see if this will work. There's a lot of problems in the Philippines that they have to addressed like the solution for graft and corruption from the government, there's still a lot of un-employed Filipinos out there and let the government gave them jobs to make them busy and not just intimacy, The education in the Philippines still need a lot of support from the government like what happened to a UP college student who committed suicide because the school didn't allow her to take examination because she couldn't pay her tuition and University of the Philippines is partly subsidized by the Philippine government, A National University.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o5aNnVIkjrM

Last edited by pinai; 05-08-2013 at 07:40 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2013, 07:34 AM

1,141 posts, read 2,202,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinai View Post
If you are a catholic you will understand what the CBCP stands for, I may be a Pro-RH Bill but I understand their point of view. You have to listen on both side to understand, that is why a lot of Filipinos are divided on this issue.

The Youth, The RH Bill and Humanae Vitae - YouTube
^for them they said RH Bill promotes Filipino Irresponsible

RH Bill Documentary - Knowing the Bill - YouTube
Both Pro and Anti point of view
Actually, it is not difficult to understand what the CBCP stands for. They are just pushing it too far, they even threatened the president of excommunication at one point if he continues his support for the RH bill and they also charged tour guide Carlos Celdran of "offending religious feelings."

Old 05-08-2013, 07:40 AM

2,351 posts, read 7,087,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by todd00 View Post
So you think thats all they think about? How ridiculous. My girl friend is there in the Philippines, her sister has only one child, thats all they will have, he is about 11 now. She is poor but smart enough to realize if you have trouble feeding yourself having several kids only makes life harder for both the parents and the kids. So its about responsibility and having some common sense. Her brother and wife had a child and its been very hard for them. Her sister was so mad they did not wait and consider the costs of having a child. Public healthcare is not good at all there either. Its not like over here with medicaid and people getting good care for themselves and their kids.

The church can preach about it and say distributing condoms is not right, of course they are not the ones very poor, and trying to take care of the children. The church isn't being any help with a 19th century stance on birth control. Yes, they do still have a lot of power, and I have no idea how they could still be so powerful with scandal after scandal for years and years. It's completely a do as I say not as I do thing with them.

Abortion is not legal there but there are people that do it. I knew a gal that met a guy from Australia, what a slime he was, anyway he got her pregnant and she didn't know what to do. She was actually thinking of killing herself. In the end the slime came back but rather than marry her, they found a place and she had an abortion. She learned a lesson the hard way. I lost touch with her, she was going to college for IT, so I hope she was able to get a job. She was a real romantic and was just looking for true love. Its too bad she found someone like that creep.
We used to do community outreach programs for the poor people wayback in college and they were the ones who told us when we were asking about how many children they have and why they have so many children.

It's like before when life was still simple no television, no laptops, no mobile phones, couples didn't really have other things to put their minds into but just focus on each other, my Husband's father used to joke about this before when he would mention about his family ( that he has 9 siblings ) so he always say something in a funny way that " of course his Parents didn't have television to keep them busy ". Now, there are many couples who are busy doing so many things... They are always on the computer or even when they are in bed, they are still checking their Facebook through their mobile phones. A friend of mine is a good example, she told me her husband is already complaining because even in bed, she's still playing Candy Crush Saga, her husband asked her, what about their sex life now ?

Last edited by Hermosaa; 05-08-2013 at 08:01 AM..

Old 05-08-2013, 07:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenTiger View Post
Actually, it is not difficult to understand what the CBCP stands for. They are just pushing it too far, they even threatened the president of excommunication at one point if he continues his support for the RH bill and they also charged tour guide Carlos Celdran of "offending religious feelings."
Well the reason why Carlos Celdran was charged because their was a mass going on and then he raised the 'damaso' signed & was caught by CCTV camera. Actually, it shows disrespectful if you do that while there was a mass going on & Carlos Celdran is a roman catholic himself. We are free country and we have freedom of speech so Carlos Celdran has the right to express his feelings but it shouldn't be there where church is considered a sacred place. I'm sure other religious group considered their church as a sacred place specially if there's a mass. Carlos Celdran still considered himself being a catholic although not tight or strong,

Quote:
Carlos Celdran still considers himself a Roman Catholic, though perhaps not a great one. He's come to grips with the idea that his fate is something he no longer has control over.

"Apparently the Catholic Church feels that I can go to heaven, but I have to go to jail first," he says with a laugh.

Celdran admits that many people in the predominently Catholic country might not share his opinion. The church remains the spiritual core of the nation.

But he believes that people are no less religious just because they adapt to modern needs.

"To be Filipino is to be Catholic. We like our fiestas, we like our saints, we like our churches, we venerate our priests. The only thing we don't like about Catholicism in this country is their involvement in politics," the activist says. "The Philippines is a secular country and we have gotten rid of the shackles of theocracy."

Celdran says his standoff with the Archdiocese of Manila has shaken his own faith, but hasn't quashed it.

"I'm inherently Catholic, it's in my wiring. If a plane is crashing, I will pray the Hail Mary," he adds.
http://www.dw.de/filipino-activist-l...ade/a-16628583

CCTV: CARLOS CELDRAN CAUGHT REMOVING ANTI-RH STREAMER THEN GONE FOR CONFESSIONS - YouTube

Last edited by pinai; 05-08-2013 at 08:31 AM..

Old 05-08-2013, 08:18 AM

2,351 posts, read 7,087,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenTiger View Post
It is just right to charge him because what he did was very disrespectful.

Old 05-08-2013, 08:41 AM

10,060 posts, read 12,802,696 times
I don't understand most of what is being said in the videos up above. Is a mix of English and native languages the common language of Fillipinos?

Old 05-08-2013, 09:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mouldy Old Schmo View Post
I don't understand most of what is being said in the videos up above. Is a mix of English and native languages the common language of Fillipinos?
which video? about the point of view of the youth regarding the RH Bill?

Old 05-08-2013, 09:37 AM

10,060 posts, read 12,802,696 times
Quote:
which video? about the point of view of the youth regarding the RH Bill?
Yes.

Old 05-08-2013, 10:21 AM

1,527 posts, read 2,996,072 times
Quote:
Well the reason why Carlos Celdran was charged because their was a mass going on and then he raised the 'damaso' signed & was caught by CCTV camera. Actually, it shows disrespectful if you do that while there was a mass going on & Carlos Celdran is a roman catholic himself. We are free country and we have freedom of speech so Carlos Celdran has the right to express his feelings but it shouldn't be there where church is considered a sacred place. I'm sure other religious group considered their church as a sacred place specially if there's a mass. Carlos Celdran still considered himself being a catholic although not tight or strong,

Filipino activist loses to church yet wins crusade | Globalization | DW.DE | 27.02.2013

CCTV: CARLOS CELDRAN CAUGHT REMOVING ANTI-RH STREAMER THEN GONE FOR CONFESSIONS - YouTube
Way to alienate our muslim brethren to the south...no wonder they want to seperate

Old 05-08-2013, 02:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejay1 View Post
Way to alienate our muslim brethren to the south...no wonder they want to seperate
I respect muslims. They have their own rules and catholic does too. There are some 'haram' on their religion which also a lot of them do not follow same as other religion & that includes catholic.

Regarding the Mindanao, there are some Political also going on there and not all about religion. some wants power too. Notice the story of the Ampatuan dynasty both side of the families are muslim. The Sulu Royal family knows that the problem in Mindanao is also about political and not all Mindanao are muslims, there are also Animist group of people even Christians.

Last edited by pinai; 05-08-2013 at 03:14 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia