Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-14-2013, 10:36 AM

3,635 posts, read 10,747,321 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejay1 View Post
Looks like variations of viet and khmer-krom....considering southern vietnam used to be part of cambodia
Yeah but they dont look Micronesian at all, which is what that guy was trying to prove with those pics. And I was simply replying to that...

Old 05-14-2013, 10:55 PM

37 posts, read 165,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smtchll View Post
Yeah but they dont look Micronesian at all, which is what that guy was trying to prove with those pics. And I was simply replying to that...
ezio auditore is out of touch with reality. When you post real pictures of people in hcm city hes says it is cherrypicking. He is stuck with giving us some non closeups of peopel driving moto in the city as proof vietnam is mostly mon khmer and not more east asian than modern thailand.
ho chi minh city politicians
http://talkvietnam.com/uploads/2012/...-617302-do.jpg

http://www.vikingrivercruises.com/Im...cm70-17494.jpg

Nguyen Thi Diem Chi and her daughter Nguyen Lam Gia Lac at their house in Ho Chi Minh City. Chi's marriage to a Taiwanese man collapsed and now she is no longer Vietnamese nor Taiwanese.

http://www.engr.iupui.edu/~conrad/vietnam/image56.jpg

now before ezio has a premature fit these two ladies also came up in google search girl in saigon

yes i can confidently say she is one of us khmer or a cham

and also with this one i can say she has some khmer or cham influence

Old 05-18-2013, 04:18 PM

82 posts, read 435,192 times
Quote:
The girls in the background look Filipino

Moukdavan Santiphone -
They don't look any close to Filipinas you will see when walking around in the Philippine (only a few may have this look and skin tone).

They may pass Filipina in case if they say so (since a few Filipino have this look and skin tone), but I bet they won't stike anyone as Filipina at first sight. If I meet them in oversea countries I will guess them as Thai/Lao,S.Chinese,Vietnamese, Okinawan Japanese.

Old 05-18-2013, 11:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Great_Jack View Post
They don't look any close to Filipinas you will see when walking around in the Philippine (only a few may have this look and skin tone).

They may pass Filipina in case if they say so (since a few Filipino have this look and skin tone), but I bet they won't stike anyone as Filipina at first sight. If I meet them in oversea countries I will guess them as Thai/Lao,S.Chinese,Vietnamese, Okinawan Japanese.
The girl in the front doesn't look Filipino, but the other ones do. And yes, you can see people who look like that while walking down the street.

Filipino for Beginners - Asking Locals about Philippines (English Subtitles) - YouTube

There's not just one Filipino look. Laotians Thais look the most similar to the Philippines in Mainland SE Asia

Old 05-19-2013, 01:06 AM

82 posts, read 435,192 times
Quote:
The girl in the front doesn't look Filipino, but the other ones do. And yes, you can see people who look like that while walking down the street.

Filipino for Beginners - Asking Locals about Philippines (English Subtitles) - YouTube

There's not just one Filipino look. Laotians Thais look the most similar to the Philippines in Mainland SE Asia
Out of whole video I see only 2 girls that could fit in Thai/Lao. To me Filipino generally look a lot similar with Malay/Indonesian.

Old 05-19-2013, 06:25 AM

Theoretically Tai and Filipino should look somewhat close because they are both considered Austronesians. The reason why sometimes modern Thai Lao look different is because they have recent blood from us Khmer. They do not like to say that but it is the truth.

I dont get how Filipinos have to do anything with vietnamese vs modern thais but clearly it is no comparison that Vietnamese definetly look more east asian.

Okinawan Japanese are no different than other Japanese... just because their skin tone is a bit different on average makes them different? Lol

an okinawan yamada yu

This is a classic northeast Asian face, the nose bridge the eyes etc. Now Tai modern day Thai Lao or Filipino do not look like Northeast Asians. Instead they have a southern Chinese look. Vietnamese have a very balanced Northeast Asian and Southern Chinese look they can have nose bridges like this and generally their eyes are on the small size.

Khmer generally we have double eyelid eyes rounder and smaller face, nose with slight bridge and medium skin tone which can be lighter or darker based on sun exposure. Remember that skin tone is not a good definition of race, any laborer or outside worker will be dark.

This is what we look like to me and what many of my family members look like ( i dont like posting their photos because of privacy and trolls) but this girl is from the bunong tribe and I think we are very close to pure mon khmers.

Last edited by sen monorom; 05-19-2013 at 06:36 AM..

Old 05-19-2013, 06:29 AM

24,544 posts, read 56,054,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sen monorom View Post
Theoretically Tai and Filipino should look somewhat close because they are both considered Austronesians. The reason why sometimes modern Thai Lao look different is because they have recent blood from us Khmer. They do not like to say that but it is the truth.

I dont get how Filipinos have to do anything with vietnamese vs modern thais but clearly it is no comparison that Vietnamese definetly look more east asian.
Tai are not Austronesian.

Old 05-19-2013, 07:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
Tai are not Austronesian.
oh sorry my bad yea dont know what was i saying. but tai and austronesians dont really look that different to me as a mon khmer ethnic. Maybe Tai look a bit lighter but its because of the geographic locations mostly. I never think filipinos are cambodian just like I never think Vietnamese are related to khmer either (like one of the major posters thinks). Vietnamese look way more northeast asian than the Tai of southern china but there is a postern named ezio auditore who is a Thai troll claiming Vietnamese are somehow less east asian (and implying more inferior) than Thai or Tai peoples today..

Old 05-19-2013, 07:43 AM

24,544 posts, read 56,054,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sen monorom View Post
oh sorry my bad yea dont know what was i saying. but tai and austronesians dont really look that different to me as a mon khmer ethnic. Maybe Tai look a bit lighter but its because of the geographic locations mostly. I never think filipinos are cambodian just like I never think Vietnamese are related to khmer either (like one of the major posters thinks). Vietnamese look way more northeast asian than the Tai of southern china but there is a postern named ezio auditore who is a Thai troll claiming Vietnamese are somehow less east asian (and implying more inferior) than Thai or Tai peoples today..
Not all Thais are predominantly Dai. I think Dai look more S. Chinese, while a lot of Thai look between S. Chinese/Vietnamese and Malay. Khmer and Vietnamese aren't all that genetically related but they've mixed quite a bit in the south.

Old 05-19-2013, 08:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
Not all Thais are predominantly Dai. I think Dai look more S. Chinese, while a lot of Thai look between S. Chinese/Vietnamese and Malay. Khmer and Vietnamese aren't all that genetically related but they've mixed quite a bit in the south.
Tai and Austronesians supposedly have the same origin in Southern China. The Austronesians went to Taiwan, the Tais went to Laos & Thailand.

I was saying that out of all the Mainland Southeast Asians, Thais & Laos look most similar to Filipinos. Some people might say that it's Cambodians but I dont find that true at all. They may be brown like us but their facial features are quite different.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia