Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-29-2015, 06:15 PM

321 posts, read 372,057 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davy-040 View Post
Most to least friendly (only including Asian countries East of Bangladesh, REAL Asia)...

Tier 1:
Thailand
Philippines
Laos
Cambodia

Tier 2:
Indonesia
Malaysia
Vietnam
Burma

Tier 3:
Japan
South Korea
Singapore
Taiwan

Tier 4:
Hong Kong
China

Don't know enough about the people in Mongolia/North Korea/Brunei/Timor-Leste.
I realize this post is a couple of years old, but I just saw it for the first time, and what strikes me is that you pretty much just grouped the nations from poorest to richest (with maybe a couple of exceptions). I'm not sure you're talking about friendliness so much as desperation of people whose survival is dependent on tourism dollars. People in Japan, Taiwan, or Singapore may not instantly bow down and kiss your feet just because you're a Westerner with money in your pocket, but I find them to be every bit as friendly in a more egalitarian way.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2015, 07:07 PM

645 posts, read 835,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UC18 View Post
I realize this post is a couple of years old, but I just saw it for the first time, and what strikes me is that you pretty much just grouped the nations from poorest to richest (with maybe a couple of exceptions). I'm not sure you're talking about friendliness so much as desperation of people whose survival is dependent on tourism dollars. People in Japan, Taiwan, or Singapore may not instantly bow down and kiss your feet just because you're a Westerner with money in your pocket, but I find them to be every bit as friendly in a more egalitarian way.
It also proves the lack of knowledge on that persons part. Real Asia... my foot! Americans have so little knowledge about what Asia is, is surprising!

Old 01-29-2015, 07:44 PM

653 posts, read 743,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UC18 View Post
It took me some time to realize that friendliness depends on how much tourist dollars you can also throw around.

Old 01-29-2015, 11:08 PM

8,864 posts, read 8,440,884 times
^I don't think so.

Old 01-30-2015, 12:12 AM

10,641 posts, read 16,025,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hell_storm2004 View Post
It also proves the lack of knowledge on that persons part. Real Asia... my foot! Americans have so little knowledge about what Asia is, is surprising!
What else do you want me to call it boss?
Authentic Asia? Original Asia? I will just call it the Far East to keep you happy, okay papa.

Old 01-30-2015, 02:42 PM

722 posts, read 1,328,130 times
seems like a lot of westerners are making judgements for friendliest asian country by the way the women look up to a westerner / white man?

the poorest countries usually appear the friendliest because they think they can benefit from you, possibly help them get out of their 3rd world country, financial assistance, your like a walking ATM in their eyes, people are not friendly for no reason, it usually means they want something from you.

and the most unfriendly asians seem to be the ones that dont want anything from you except for your business, they are not trying to be your best friend, they only want to do business with you, not looking for a way out or for a green card or financial assistance or sponsorship to help them immigrate, etc.

Old 01-30-2015, 04:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davy-040 View Post
What else do you want me to call it boss?
Authentic Asia? Original Asia? I will just call it the Far East to keep you happy, okay papa.
Far East Asia would be a proper term.

Authentic Asia? What is that? With that you mean only slant eyed folks are Asians. What about middle east? Uzbekistan? Sri Lanka? Pakistan? Afganistán?

If you wanna go by race... just say Mongoloid. But this thread is about Asians. Not Asian countries populated by Mongoloid people.

What a load of rubbish.

Old 05-18-2015, 12:48 PM

5 posts, read 10,637 times
Mongolians are friendly towards only white people
Unfriendly towards other asians and blacks,muslims . Especially if you are chinese,korean and vietnamese you are better not go to Mongolia . Beating a chinese is common thing in Mongolia . Mongolians are very aggressive , heavy , big , muscular than other asians and drink alcohol like water . When they are drunk they are very violent . By the way i am Mongolian

Old 05-18-2015, 03:47 PM

Awesome!!

Old 05-18-2015, 05:17 PM

8,480 posts, read 6,884,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by space1985 View Post
Mongolians are friendly towards only white people
Unfriendly towards other asians and blacks,muslims . Especially if you are chinese,korean and vietnamese you are better not go to Mongolia . Beating a chinese is common thing in Mongolia . Mongolians are very aggressive , heavy , big , muscular than other asians and drink alcohol like water . When they are drunk they are very violent . By the way i am Mongolian
I'm staying away from Mongolia for sure.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia