Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-28-2013, 09:22 PM

47 posts, read 230,250 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
So true. This isn't limited to Asia, either. I'd NEVER date anyone from a developing country, even if they are white and from eastern Europe or Russia. No way. If he really wants a Filipina, date one that's already a US citizen or permanent resident.

theunbrainwashed,
I do understand what you are saying here, but she started the path to citizenship before we met. She's not looking for me to sponsor her or to give her money. I'm not sure how the process works, but he father is arranging everything and she is waiting for the DNA results to come back since her father and mother weren't married when she was born. He father is a retired US Navy Veteran who lives in San Diego. Right now she and I are just friends but I see potential for there to be more in the future if I can woo her.

To the rest of you who have also posted feedback, thank you and my apologies for the late reply. Somehow I am not getting my instant email notification of new replies even though that option is still selected.

Old 10-28-2013, 09:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bettafish View Post
Falling in love on internet?? LOL
You love the image you created.

Bettafish,
For the record, we didn't meet on any of the dating sites. I am using one or shall I say I am trying to determine if the site I set up my profile on is worth paying to become a full member. So far a lot of interests sent my way and messages but until I pay for a full membership I won't know what any of the ladies have to say.

Old 10-28-2013, 09:32 PM

2,351 posts, read 7,092,582 times
Has anyone here used MIRC before ? That was the " in " thing before Facebook. It was a chatroom, actually loads and loads of chatrooms. It's not a dating site but it was a great way of meeting so many people from all over the world.

Old 10-28-2013, 09:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger Beer View Post
Is this the first Filipina you've ever met online? They are honestly ALL OVER the internet, absolutely everywhere. They spend an enormous amount of time trying to find a husband who lives overseas.

I really think you will absolutely NO PROBLEM whatsoever with 'having something that leads to marriage', as this is the dream of so many Filipinas living in the Philippines.
Tiger Beer,
I am using a dating site for meeting Filipinas but haven't decided if I will pay to become a full fledge member. I am getting a lot of messages and interests but I will remain skeptical until I start reading messages and carefully screening the ladies. As a matter of fact, I changed my search setting to USA. That way I won't have to deal with sponsoring anybody or any of the immigration stuff.

Old 10-28-2013, 09:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermosaa View Post
Has anyone here used MIRC before ? That was the " in " thing before Facebook. It was a chatroom, actually loads and loads of chatrooms. It's not a dating site but it was a great way of meeting so many people from all over the world.
Hermosaa,
I've never heard of MIRC before, but it sounds like it might be somewhat similar to the smartphone app, Tango. I would be interested in checking something like that out.

Old 10-28-2013, 10:02 PM

2,351 posts, read 7,092,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by USARMYVET View Post
Hermosaa,
I've never heard of MIRC before, but it sounds like it might be somewhat similar to the smartphone app, Tango. I would be interested in checking something like that out.
It was a fun site. You can see many different channels, you can even put channel spain, channel mexico etc. and it will lead you there where you can see loads and loads of names of people who are online and you can just click any name that interest you and can start a conversation right away. You can talk to 10 or more people from different countries at the same time. MIRC started the chat trend.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/MIRC

Last edited by Hermosaa; 10-28-2013 at 10:21 PM..

Old 10-28-2013, 10:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermosaa View Post
It was a fun site. You can see many different channels, you can even put channel spain, channel mexico etc. and it will lead you there where you can see loads and loads of names of people who are online and you can just click any name that interest you and can start a conversation right away. You can talk to 10 or more people from different countries at the same time. MIRC started the chat trend.

mIRC - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Thanks for the info Hermosaa! I plan to check it out when I have some spare time.

Old 10-29-2013, 09:38 AM

1,948 posts, read 6,463,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by USARMYVET View Post
theunbrainwashed,
I do understand what you are saying here, but she started the path to citizenship before we met. She's not looking for me to sponsor her or to give her money. I'm not sure how the process works, but he father is arranging everything and she is waiting for the DNA results to come back since her father and mother weren't married when she was born. He father is a retired US Navy Veteran who lives in San Diego. Right now she and I are just friends
is her father a white guy / caucasian retired navy? that left her mother behind in the Philippines and never married her? or is he Filipino American?

Old 10-29-2013, 10:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr bolo View Post
is her father a white guy / caucasian retired navy? that left her mother behind in the Philippines and never married her? or is he Filipino American?
I'm not sure since we've never discussed it in detail.

Old 10-31-2013, 09:43 AM

63 posts, read 92,601 times
Just see her when she gets to be in the US if you still have that interest with her by that time. My husband flew all the way from Phoenix to Philippines when he first met me. Money and US citizenship are not always the reasons why people fall for an American guy. Most of the time it is all about love, this is a lifetime commitment and it can't be treated like one person is an object to uplift the other. Despite of all the negative connotations regarding Filipina women being a scammer, I am proud to say that I had a very descent wedding of our choice wherein I paid half of all of it to share with my husband. I love him very much and I never want anything to be an issue between us. Here in the Philippines, once you have found a Filipina who is educated and has an established work like the one i have, you don't really have to worry about being penniless after. We are very hardworking by nature, compassionate, loving and respectful. . As to date, my husband is stil not complaining why he married me.. LOL.

OP, do remember that Filipina women value relationships much, so see that girl's heart and start from there..

Goodluck...

Last edited by LovingMrSmith4ever; 10-31-2013 at 10:03 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia