Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-31-2013, 09:46 PM
JL

8,522 posts, read 14,534,042 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bettafish View Post
On the other hand, Filipinas should be cautious too.
I'm not trying to offend the OP but often times, if someone wants to date/marry a foreigner he has never seen, there must be a reason behind it.

Personally I know a Shanghainese woman. She looked good and had her own business in China. For some reason, however, she married an American and followed him to the US. The man does not have a college degree and cannot hold any stable job. They are already in their 40s now but still live in the man's mother's house.
...then that means the Shanghainese woman was looking to reside/live in the U.S...she wanted her papers..otherwise, no reason for her to leave her successful business and marry a foreigner...she knew the risks.

Old 11-01-2013, 02:17 AM

63 posts, read 92,570 times
Quote:
Then why foreign? I mean it makes more sense to marry a Filipino unless the goal is to immigrate.
I'm not talking about those who fall in love naturally in everyday contact, but those who search for foreigners online.
I believe that one reason is the belief of most Filipina women that marrying a foreign guy particularly white men will give them beautiful babies and somehow this is true as most of the Filipina with or had a foreign husband produced babies with outstanding features.

Last edited by LovingMrSmith4ever; 11-01-2013 at 02:27 AM..

Old 11-01-2013, 02:28 AM

9,229 posts, read 9,755,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LovingMrSmith4ever View Post
I believe that one reason is the belief of the most Filipina women that marrying a foreign guy particularly white men will give them beautiful babies and somehow this is true as most of the Filipina with or had a foreign husband produced babies with outstanding features.
Many Chinese people believe that too, but very few would marry a foreigner solely for that reason.

Old 11-01-2013, 02:41 AM

16,431 posts, read 22,194,526 times
Quote:
I believe that one reason is the belief of most Filipina women that marrying a foreign guy particularly white men will give them beautiful babies and somehow this is true as most of the Filipina with or had a foreign husband produced babies with outstanding features.
The Asian/Caucasian mix often turns out attractive offspring. Some of the most beautiful women I have ever seen were Anglo/Indians.

Old 11-01-2013, 03:53 AM

2,351 posts, read 7,089,225 times
Quote:
Then why foreign? I mean it makes more sense to marry a Filipino unless the goal is to immigrate.
I'm not talking about those who fall in love naturally in everyday contact, but those who search for foreigners online.
The ones who really search for foreigners online are usually the ones who can't seem to a boyfriend in the Philippines. Filipino women can't really show interest in a guy or do the first move, so if guys never pay any attention to you, you'll end up an old maid. So some are hoping, if they do not appeal to local men, maybe they would appeal to foreigners .

Old 11-01-2013, 04:05 AM

Quote:
Yes they always produce goodlooking offsprings, no doubt about that though the offsprings of Filipino women and foreign men a hundred years ago look more foreign than the present offsprings. The Filipino stars from the 30's - 60's were better looking and looked really foreign than the stars that we have now e.g Amalia Fuentes, Gloria Romero, Delia Razon etc. compare to the present stars Anne Curtis, Bea Alonzo etc. I guess because before they marry Filipina women who were already mixed too.

Last edited by Hermosaa; 11-01-2013 at 05:28 AM..

Old 11-01-2013, 11:23 PM

1,449 posts, read 2,353,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermosaa View Post
The ones who really search for foreigners online are usually the ones who can't seem to a boyfriend in the Philippines. Filipino women can't really show interest in a guy or do the first move, so if guys never pay any attention to you, you'll end up an old maid. So some are hoping, if they do not appeal to local men, maybe they would appeal to foreigners .

well not all of us are fortunate enough to be born with mestiza features. you know how filipino men are, they prefer mestizas

Old 11-02-2013, 04:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zilam98 View Post
well not all of us are fortunate enough to be born with mestiza features. you know how filipino men are, they prefer mestizas
I agree. Filipino men are picky, they prefer mestizas than typical looking Filipinas.

Old 11-02-2013, 10:05 AM

42,554 posts, read 86,954,125 times
You're talking about the most important decision you will ever make in your life. Pop for a couple thousand bucks and get on a plane and fly to the Philippines and check her out.

Old 11-03-2013, 01:14 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,527,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by USARMYVET View Post
LovingMrSmith4ever, that is one of attractive things about Filipinas I like..... a guy doesn't have to be wealthy since a lot of them are about the family unit as opposed to being more on the materialistic side like a lot of western women.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA....umm seriously?

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

Yes, Filipinas will usually marry any race of man of any level of attractiveness and any age (usually much older)...if he has assets (and/or has military benefits).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia