Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-14-2013, 03:16 PM

47 posts, read 230,424 times

Advertisements

Hello Ladies....
I am very interested a Filipina I met online (not on one of those dating sites). I live in Michigan and she lives in Quezon City, Philippines. So far we seem to hit it off pretty well. We have video chat every night just before she starts work and once again just before she's leaving to go home. There is a 12 hour time difference between our locations. In the meantime, I have been trying to learn as much as I can about Filipino culture, in part because of my interest in her. I have even started to learn some Tagalog phrases, although it's not an easy task trying to learn the proper pronunciation. I feel that this will be of great help to get to know her and her culture even better. I have expressed to her that I'm interested in her but I would like some suggestions on things I could do to win her over. I plan to visit the Philippines in the future but I won't be able to make frequent trips back and forth. I want to have something meaningful with her that will ultimately lead to marriage. I have read that the traditional dalagang Filipina is shy and secretive about her real feelings for a suitor and denies it even when she is in love with him. What are some signs I could watch out for know matter how low key they are that will let me know that I am on the right track and she is feeling something for me as I am for her? I have a few specific things I would like to ask but I will wait until I start to get feedback before I ask my next questions. One thing I do want to add if this somehow helps is that we will meet in person for the very first time in February 2014 when she makes the trip to the US to see her father in San Diego. (US Navy Veteran, retired) She also will spend time with a lot of her family who also lives in the Los Angeles area.

I thank you ladies in advance for your feedback!

Old 10-14-2013, 04:10 PM

11,076 posts, read 12,497,254 times
I suggest staying far far away from wooing women in developing countries on the internet.

Old 10-14-2013, 09:50 PM

2,351 posts, read 7,101,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjimmy24 View Post
I suggest staying far far away from wooing women in developing countries on the internet.
She seems okay. Her father is already an American citizen. She has a job and she's even going to the States next year, so I don't see anything wrong.

Old 10-14-2013, 10:18 PM
JL

8,522 posts, read 14,561,725 times
Quote:
He's an adult...sometimes you have to learn a hard lesson.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermosaa View Post
She seems okay. Her father is already an American citizen. She has a job and she's even going to the States next year, so I don't see anything wrong.
Hermosa,
I really need your help. I understand you live in China now. I made some money in China last year, but it is stuck in a bank. I need to get it out. I can split the money with you. You can get more than half of it even. I just need you to wire me some money to initiate the legal process of getting the money out. It is around 80,000 US equivalent. I even have SKYPE, so we can talk cam to cam if it makes you feel better. Is that ok?

Last edited by JL; 10-14-2013 at 10:50 PM..

Old 10-14-2013, 10:41 PM

23,616 posts, read 24,157,909 times
Good advice. My friend married a pretty lady, from China, he met online. She moved here to the Bay Area after they got married. Once she received her US Citizenship, she left him and brought her "real husband" and children over. Beware, she cleaned him out.

Quote:

Old 10-14-2013, 10:47 PM

25,021 posts, read 27,978,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ccm123 View Post
Good advice. My friend married a pretty lady, from China, he met online. She moved here to the Bay Area after they got married. Once she received her US Citizenship, she left him and brought her "real husband" and children over. Beware, she cleaned him out.
So true. This isn't limited to Asia, either. I'd NEVER date anyone from a developing country, even if they are white and from eastern Europe or Russia. No way. If he really wants a Filipina, date one that's already a US citizen or permanent resident.

Old 10-14-2013, 11:57 PM

2,351 posts, read 7,101,125 times
Not everyone you meet online are users.
You have to go to the Philippines and see her. Spend some time with her so you will get to know her, her family and friends. Don't rush into marriage, give it a year. Meantime, get to know her first by being just friends for now.

Old 10-15-2013, 12:12 AM

1,754 posts, read 8,124,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermosaa View Post
Not everyone you meet online are users.
You have to go to the Philippines and see her. Spend some time with her so you will get to know her, her family and friends. Don't rush into marriage, give it a year. Meantime, get to know her first by being just friends for now.
you know it was opposite from one of my best friend. She met her ex-husband on the internet and she was totally in love with him. She works before as executive secretary in one of the health magazine in the Philippines. So this Canadian guy went to the Philippines after so many months as long distance couple. He proposed and my friend accepted his proposal because she thought he was the one. But again he cheated on her by falling in love to his close friend after they were together and she was even pregnant when it happened. So after she gave birth they separated and this guy left her to be with that girl. She's still a single mom up to now and happy being with her son who is already 4 yrs. old.

So I agree with Hermosa, go to the Philippines and get to know her better and I'm sure she wants to get to know you too specially if she's serious in your relationship.

Old 10-15-2013, 01:43 PM

9,229 posts, read 9,777,268 times
Falling in love on internet?? LOL
You love the image you created.

Old 10-15-2013, 01:50 PM

1,948 posts, read 6,471,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
So true. This isn't limited to Asia, either. I'd NEVER date anyone from a developing country, even if they are white and from eastern Europe or Russia. No way. If he really wants a Filipina, date one that's already a US citizen or permanent resident.
I agree, that would be the best way, then you wont have to worry about immigration and supporting her family back in the Philippines, since they would already be living here in the USA

plus it seems like too much trouble to make all those trips back to the PI just o meet a lady, thats going to cost a lot of time and money

and then you will know she's not just using you to get her foot in the door

if you cant find one here in the US then something must be wrong? it's better to meet a local girl the old fashioned way, dont rush into a internet relationship in a foreign country, that just seems so desperate in my opinion
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia