Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-21-2013, 03:01 PM

108 posts, read 185,172 times

Advertisements

Hi, I am deciding on whether it shall be Thailand or Vietnam for vacation.

I was wondering how these two countries rank on the corruption level: Vietnam/Thailand.

I know VN is a communist country. In other words, it's probably more democratic than Thailand, knowing how everything in Asia is opposite of what it seems. Or is that only the hookers that are actually guys? I'm all confused. The memories haunt me. I cry at night.

But seriously, I don't know. They both seem pretty corrupt, however I am fully aware that's like asking "Does shiet taste like shiet?" And we all know the answer to that one.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2013, 08:05 PM

1,016 posts, read 3,654,094 times
First of all Thailand are not democratic, they are monarchy and they are not allowed to insulttheir king no matter what, second of all Vietnam is much more corrupt than Thailand cheers!

Old 10-21-2013, 09:35 PM

I don't know. From all the stories I hear of hookers and tranvestites coming out of Thailand and Bangkok, I'd say Thailand is the more MORALLY CORRUPT country.

Old 10-21-2013, 11:03 PM

Morally corrupt? perhaps, but doesn't change the fact that Vietnam is a much more corrupt country. You still can enjoy Bangkok by avoiding its so called "morally corrupt" place, without having to see half naked ladies roaming around.

Old 10-21-2013, 11:06 PM

9,556 posts, read 20,795,965 times
In Vietnam you see Uncle Ho everywhere, in Thailand it's the king. I've heard of corruption in Thailand, including the current PM whose brother was former PM. Not sure how bad it is. I'm sure there's corruption in Vietnam like China too, I have no idea which has more...

Old 10-21-2013, 11:08 PM

What are you interesting on seeing/doing on vacation? That might determine which is better for you. I've been to both but am more familiar with VN.

Old 10-21-2013, 11:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Postman View Post
In Vietnam you see Uncle Ho everywhere, in Thailand it's the king. I've heard of corruption in Thailand, including the current PM whose brother was former PM. Not sure how bad it is. I'm sure there's corruption in Vietnam like China too, I have no idea which has more...
It's there in this site:
http://www.transparency.org/cpi2012/results

Old 10-21-2013, 11:21 PM

138 posts, read 818,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goshio22 View Post
Based on that map, I'd say 80% of nations in the world are corrupted....

Old 10-21-2013, 11:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Postman View Post
What are you interesting on seeing/doing on vacation? That might determine which is better for you. I've been to both but am more familiar with VN.
I am interested in both but I think as a foreigner, you blend in better in Thailand than Vietnam since I am sure Thailand gets many times the visitors as VN.

Not interested in whores/hooookers since life is short enough as it is already, why speed it up with an STD?

Old 10-22-2013, 12:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Love_LA View Post
I am interested in both but I think as a foreigner, you blend in better in Thailand than Vietnam since I am sure Thailand gets many times the visitors as VN.

Not interested in whores/hooookers since life is short enough as it is already, why speed it up with an STD?
Tourism in Vietnam is picking up, but yeah, still an emerging market. You'll definitely be prime target for touts and all kinds who see you as a walking dollar sign. Beware of xe om taxi drivers (motorbike taxis). Agree on a price beforehand, and make sure they aren't taking you in circles. I.e. get any idea of how long it takes to where you want to go. Since it's the only real form of transport in most cities you'll likely be using them quite a bit. In Thailand a lot of tuk tuk drivers want to take you to dodgy travel agents, be wary of them...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia