Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-23-2013, 06:27 PM

9,556 posts, read 20,801,597 times

Advertisements

photos were taken by me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2013, 05:08 AM

9 posts, read 13,182 times
Agree. I've lived in Bangkok for four years and the attitude that Thai's have towards their own as well as foreigners is mind boggling. The more of the language I learn the scarier it gets.

If you don't believe me just check out the forum Thaivisa.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Postman View Post
BKK doesn't really deserve the title, unless you want whores and debauchery. It offers more than that, like the culture and food, but it's not in the same class as NY, London, Tokyo, Hong Kong.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Old 10-24-2013, 06:54 AM

51 posts, read 272,603 times
It is the fact that Bkk is the most tourist city and title this position for 4 years
so You should ask the criteria from the referee that How Bkk was crowned??
Bkk is full of bad points ,dirty city,poor people, unstable policy,many scammers& tout,bad traffic,hot climate,bad in English
I guess that Newguy 70 come from philippines ,Do you work as a teacher? coz I know almost Filipino don't like Thais .
And you know that this word WHO RE is strong , rude and affect to thai's mind

Last edited by keenuleeve; 10-24-2013 at 07:14 AM..

Old 10-24-2013, 10:05 AM

5,462 posts, read 9,636,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newguy70 View Post
Agree. I've lived in Bangkok for four years and the attitude that Thai's have towards their own as well as foreigners is mind boggling. The more of the language I learn the scarier it gets.

If you don't believe me just check out the forum Thaivisa.
Are you serious?

Old 10-24-2013, 10:57 AM

3,635 posts, read 10,748,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by keenuleeve View Post
It is the fact that Bkk is the most tourist city and title this position for 4 years
so You should ask the criteria from the referee that How Bkk was crowned??
Bkk is full of bad points ,dirty city,poor people, unstable policy,many scammers& tout,bad traffic,hot climate,bad in English
I guess that Newguy 70 come from philippines ,Do you work as a teacher? coz I know almost Filipino don't like Thais .
And you know that this word WHO RE is strong , rude and affect to thai's mind
why would Filipinos have a reason not to like Thais? Filipinos dont really have a dislike for any group. Not even rivalries

Old 10-24-2013, 01:49 PM

51 posts, read 272,603 times
I don't know why Smtchll??? you should ask Filipino ,not me
You can look by yourself
Every YouTube that relate to Thailand ,Filipino will interrupt and comment in bad side
Yeah we aren't your rival but can't deny that we are ahead

Last edited by keenuleeve; 10-24-2013 at 01:57 PM..

Old 10-24-2013, 02:01 PM

7 posts, read 17,760 times
Bangkok is the #1 tourist spot. This should be expected since we all know why. Most tourists are old males just like Phillipines.

Old 10-25-2013, 06:35 AM

6 posts, read 43,309 times
I badly wanna go to Bangkok! I hope I can travel Asian countries soon.

Old 10-25-2013, 09:52 AM

5,462 posts, read 9,636,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay Wong View Post
Bangkok is the #1 tourist spot.
That's already been determined. 2012 was a record year for Thailand with 22,353,903 tourists. This year is shaping up extremely well and could poossibly break that record with around 25 million.
Thai Tourism Statistics for April 2013 | Thai Travel News by Paknam Web

Thailand Tourism Statistics. Tourist Arrivals 1998-2013. Influence of Political Events, Thailand Floods on Tourist Arrivals

Quote:
This should be expected since we all know why.
That's a mighty vague, say-nothing statement to make there Jay. Would you care to clarify the reason as to "we all know why"?

Quote:
Most tourists are old males just like Phillipines.
"Most tourists are old males". Really? How do you know that's true? Are there any actual stats (links please) you can share that solidly back up such a claim? Exactly what age range are you defining as being "old"?

Old 10-26-2013, 08:01 AM

9,556 posts, read 20,801,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NightBazaar View Post
That's already been determined. 2012 was a record year for Thailand with 22,353,903 tourists. This year is shaping up extremely well and could poossibly break that record with around 25 million.
Thai Tourism Statistics for April 2013 | Thai Travel News by Paknam Web

Thailand Tourism Statistics. Tourist Arrivals 1998-2013. Influence of Political Events, Thailand Floods on Tourist Arrivals

That's a mighty vague, say-nothing statement to make there Jay. Would you care to clarify the reason as to "we all know why"?

"Most tourists are old males". Really? How do you know that's true? Are there any actual stats (links please) you can share that solidly back up such a claim? Exactly what age range are you defining as being "old"?
True, but even the Thai government knows that the sex industry and the reputation give Thailand a leg up on the competition, that's why they tolerate it even though it's supposed to be illegal.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia