Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-15-2014, 07:06 AM

2,672 posts, read 5,433,518 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by joseanto071 View Post
When I mean friendly, I do not mean nice, polite or respectful. I mean the ones who are outgoing, welcoming, type of people. Also which are the countries that are least like that? I only want to focus on East and Southeast Asia.

I for example, I heard that Japanese, Koreans, Singaporeans they are very nice and polite, well mannered but not friendly at all. There are way too many formalities that there is no room for any teasing or being casual. Also I heard many are so reserved/closed and Boring. Maybe that's because those countries have had difficult times throught history such as small neighboring states constantly waging wars on each other, famine, cruel emperors, droughts, etc...maybe that's why Respect is more important than reception

From what I heard, Filipinos are the most friendly but I don't know for sure all this...this is just all based from my experience and from what I've heard
Yes I would have to agree that Filipino people are exceptionally warm and friendly people. Thai and Balinese people are also very friendly.

Old 01-15-2014, 07:12 AM

1,267 posts, read 3,060,671 times
Do Koreans value hard work?

Because i onced helped a family move furniture out of there house. They were very proper at first, but we ended up sitting outside their house on the lawn and chilling.

Old 01-15-2014, 09:00 AM

9,572 posts, read 20,678,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Almeida93 View Post
Do Koreans value hard work?

Because i onced helped a family move furniture out of there house. They were very proper at first, but we ended up sitting outside their house on the lawn and chilling.
Yeah there is a culture of hard work, but of course doesn't mean they're always working or that there are lazy individuals there too, like everywhere. There's a Korean grocery here and I notice the lady who works there works there 7 days a week. I don't know how any works 7 days a week.

Old 01-15-2014, 01:23 PM

399 posts, read 715,271 times
From my limited experience, Filipino's have been the most friendly and most accepting. The first time I traveled to Cebu I was accepted almost right away. This was up in the mountains in the province. I was surprised how friendly and nice the people were. They smiled and greeted me. They made sure that I was fine. It actually touched me. These were people with little. In America you don't get this..at least it's rare.
I had a friend from Laos, she was very friendly and nice. I never got a chance to visit Laos, but am sure the people are quite nice there.

Old 01-16-2014, 11:32 AM

6 posts, read 7,878 times
Hi, I thing Bangladesh, India, Malaysia, Indonesia are very friendly for Asia. You can visit these country.

Old 05-31-2014, 11:28 PM

1,110 posts, read 1,367,255 times
Filipinos are outspoken and outgoing that makes us Filipinos friendly. We know how to show our feelings. Being an english speaking and a developing country was a perfect combo for Philippines.

I think one of the reasons also why Filipinos love foreigner because we are totally an isolated country and we not frequently visited country by foreigners. We do not have borders with other countries. We treat foreigners all the same, regardless if you're American, British, European, Bangladeshi, Sri Lankan, Laotian, Vietnamese, Japanese or Nepalese. You are all the same for us, foreigners. And you will be treated equally by our warm, friendly and hospitable people.

Old 06-02-2014, 02:39 AM

18 posts, read 25,922 times
New Zealand a large majority of expates leaving among with kiwi's 80% report that it was very easy to fit new culture.

Old 06-03-2014, 08:49 AM

110 posts, read 136,245 times
Again...being friendly is subjective...as well when you ask who are the rudest countries in the world...

someone is considered rude for being direct...or friendly to tourists but discriminates the migrants.

friendliness cannot be measured as a nation but as an individual.

Old 07-27-2014, 10:27 PM

1 posts, read 1,666 times
Sri Lankans[b] are the most friendly people in Asia.. When somebody enter to this beautiful pearl of the Indian ocean. Every body always smiling.. Helpful.. I have never met this type friendly people in the world.ask from any body if you know who travel to sri Lanka before

Old 07-27-2014, 10:29 PM

1,869 posts, read 1,818,002 times
I don't know what others think .. Do you find SIngaporeans friendly ?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.