Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-17-2013, 12:35 AM

1,754 posts, read 8,115,675 times

Advertisements

6 affluent Emiratis embark on a life changing journey to the Philippines. Stripped of their valuables - including credit cards, money and their phones, the 6 young UAE locals flew to the Philippines to live with Filipino families and gain valuable insights from the realities of this side of the world. Check out BEYOND BORDER's episode 1 here

شاهد.نت - Beyond borders الموسم 1 الØ*لقة 1

Great Show to understand other people's culture and to understand people. I guess they learn something why most Filipinos work abroad.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-17-2013, 03:15 AM

16,259 posts, read 43,190,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinai View Post
6 affluent Emiratis embark on a life changing journey to the Philippines. Stripped of their valuables - including credit cards, money and their phones, the 6 young UAE locals flew to the Philippines to live with Filipino families and gain valuable insights from the realities of this side of the world. Check out BEYOND BORDER's episode 1 here

شاهد.نت - Beyond borders الموسم 1 الØ*لقة 1

Great Show to understand other people's culture and to understand people. I guess they learn something why most Filipinos work abroad.
Thanks for this link! Definitely one of the more interesting video series I've seen.

I hope to watch quite a few more of that series now.

Old 12-17-2013, 10:51 AM

1,267 posts, read 3,074,900 times
I can't watch it

Its showing an error.

Is it on youtube?

Old 12-17-2013, 12:26 PM

3,635 posts, read 10,747,321 times
I can't watch it either but I want to. Maybe because I'm in the US while Pinai and Tiger Beer are not?

Old 12-19-2013, 07:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smtchll View Post
I can't watch it either but I want to. Maybe because I'm in the US while Pinai and Tiger Beer are not?
I guess it's not allowed in the US?

Here is the 2nd episode

شاهد.نت - Beyond borders الموسÙ… 1 اÙ„Ø*لقة 2

It is actually nice to watch to understand each other's culture more. hahaha some of them they learnt our language because there's too many Filipinos in UAE. I encountered a lot of Arabs that spoke Filipino and learnt few words of Arabic. They started to work in Sarao Jeepney on how to design and assemble the parts and ride in Jeepney public transport. They started to greet Filipinos that they encountered by greeting them 'Kamusta Ka?' (How are you?), Greetings! which mostly used here in Middle East. 'How are you?' 'keef Halak' in Arabic.

Their Filipino family teach them how to sing a Filipino folk song 'Bahay Kubo' and they teach their Filipino family a folk dance of Emirati. They also teach the tradition of Emirati on how to eat etc.

Last edited by pinai; 12-19-2013 at 07:57 AM..

Old 12-19-2013, 08:13 AM

9,556 posts, read 20,799,067 times
I watched the first two episodes. It's interesting to see everyday Emiratis, just like young people in any country, and how they are so keen to learn about another culture and forge connections that transcend culture or religion. I was expecting more about how it was to experience life in poverty, like if they stayed in a slum dwelling or something, but maybe that will come in later episodes.

Old 12-19-2013, 08:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Postman View Post
I watched the first two episodes. It's interesting to see everyday Emiratis, just like young people in any country, and how they are so keen to learn about another culture and forge connections that transcend culture or religion. I was expecting more about how it was to experience life in poverty, like if they stayed in a slum dwelling or something, but maybe that will come in later episodes.
I actually want to see that too, maybe they don't want them to experience that at once.

3rd Episode
http://shahid.mbc.net/ar/episode/703...2%D8%A9-3.html
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia