Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-05-2014, 03:00 AM

3,635 posts, read 10,742,367 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinai View Post
I am glad that you notice. I already notice not just on this thread. Anyways, that is their point of view cause we are not same as them so good or bad is accepted, we cannot please everyone no matter how we show the good side of our country.
Yeah it's ridiculous. As if people don't already know about the bad aspects of the Philippines. We don't have to be constantly reminded of it, everyone knows. We can share the good aspects of our country because most people don't seem to know about them

Old 02-05-2014, 03:41 AM

9,556 posts, read 20,790,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smtchll View Post
^ I already thanked the Spanish for that. I mentioned that Filipino sucks because Spanish food sucks. I just don't understand why the OP had to start bashing the Philippines as a whole in a thread that's supposed to be about our awful food.
I don't see anyone here bashing the Philippines as a whole. This thread is about Filipino food and so far has been mostly on topic.

Old 02-05-2014, 04:09 AM

First post

Quote:
I think that's one of the things which makes the Philippines less interesting to me. The cities seem choked with traffic, polluted, not as safe, dull, and the culture less Asian I suppose, although it'd be interesting to check out a Catholic Asian country.
What does any of that have to do with our horrible food?

Old 02-05-2014, 03:34 PM

199 posts, read 336,495 times
Quote:
First post

This thread has suddenly become more interesting...

Old 02-05-2014, 03:52 PM

Quote:
First post

Oh yeah, that was incidental, I guess it's not related to food but I wanted to give a wider perspective, since food is a big reason to visit countries in SEA for me.

Old 02-05-2014, 04:19 PM

^ I think the Philippines' main attractions are the landscape (mountains, beaches, some rain forests) and the Filipino people themselves. If someone doesn't care about either one, then the Philippines is not worth visiting.

Old 02-05-2014, 04:30 PM

Quote:
^ I think the Philippines' main attractions are the landscape (mountains, beaches, some rain forests) and the Filipino people themselves. If someone doesn't care about either one, then the Philippines is not worth visiting.
Those things are great, but not really unique. You have Malaysia and Indonesia, and Thailand, but of course it doesn't mean I wouldn't visited. I think the Phils just don't seem all that fascinating as a country to visit for me.

Old 02-05-2014, 06:22 PM

1,141 posts, read 2,202,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Postman View Post
Oh yeah, that was incidental, I guess it's not related to food but I wanted to give a wider perspective, since food is a big reason to visit countries in SEA for me.
There are some Filipino food that is good. At least you should try lechon de Cebu before you even make a conclusion. Also, if it's just Jollibee that is the gauge, it's like saying all American food is horrible because McDonald's is.

Anyway, unlike other places, if it does not have a Filipino (or Hispanic) name, more often than not, it's not considered "Filipino" food within the Philippines. They sell a lot of sweets at Red Ribbon and Goldilocks pastry shops for example, but cheesecakes, mousse, brownies, etc. are not included in the "Filipino food" category.

Philippines is more than just Manila, so it's not exactly fair to say that there's pollution or traffic jams all over the country. Also, the in-thing now in the Philippines are all-you-can-eat buffets. You can sample some Filipino food there, but the majority of the dishes are not "Filipino". However, they're extremely affordable compared to Singapore. I can finish a bowl full of sashimi (mostly tuna and salmon) and eat 5 different kinds of desserts plus a lot more. That normally costs less than US$20 outside Metro Manila or about US$30 in Metro Manila if you know where to go. Breakfast buffets in most hotels in the Philippines have actually more food than those in Singapore whose rates are sometimes more than twice as high.

Old 02-05-2014, 06:26 PM

^ Yup, no traffic, pollution, or people here

Halsema Highway. From Baguio to Sagada May 6, 2013 - YouTube

The Philippines is densely populated, but not crowded all over the place. It's even less dense than Japan

Old 02-05-2014, 06:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenTiger View Post
There are some Filipino food that is good. At least you should try lechon de Cebu before you even make a conclusion. Also, if it's just Jollibee that is the gauge, it's like saying all American food is horrible because McDonald's is.

Anyway, unlike other places, if it does not have a Filipino (or Hispanic) name, more often than not, it's not considered "Filipino" food within the Philippines. They sell a lot of sweets at Red Ribbon and Goldilocks pastry shops for example, but cheesecakes, mousse, brownies, etc. are not included in the "Filipino food" category.

Philippines is more than just Manila, so it's not exactly fair to say that there's pollution or traffic jams all over the country. Also, the in-thing now in the Philippines are all-you-can-eat buffets. You can sample some Filipino food there, but the majority of the dishes are not "Filipino". However, they're extremely affordable compared to Singapore. I can finish a bowl full of sashimi (mostly tuna and salmon) and eat 5 different kinds of desserts plus a lot more. That normally costs less than US$20 outside Metro Manila or about US$30 in Metro Manila if you know where to go. Breakfast buffets in most hotels in the Philippines have actually more food than those in Singapore whose rates are sometimes more than twice as high.
Yes I will try it when I go there. Yes of course...I might go to Boracay or Cebu, when I go. There are a lot of cheap flights from Singapore.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia