Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-23-2014, 09:01 AM

5,790 posts, read 5,104,962 times

Advertisements

Absolutely agree with you. China is no paradise, not by a very long shot.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-24-2014, 03:57 AM

3 posts, read 3,949 times
That's not suprsing, China is a large country like the US with a large economy.
For both the US and China, apart being big in area, economy and population, there is nothing special about them. Being large is nothing special.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goshio22 View Post
Huh? China attract the most tourist in asia dummy, you are just jealous and insecured of what china had accomplished.

Old 03-24-2014, 04:00 AM

3 posts, read 3,949 times
That is not the correct reason

Chinese culture has always been very materialistic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bettafish View Post
It's also because of the media. Western media often report negative news about China, but not so much positive news.
In some European countries it is even worse, the only thing you hear about China is human rights violation or "genocide" in Tibet etc.

Old 03-24-2014, 09:40 PM

42 posts, read 63,823 times
Quote:
Huh? China attract the most tourist in asia dummy, you are just jealous and insecured of what china had accomplished.
Thats what Europe will even admit and agreed. Tourists visit to China are deteriorating now.

Old 03-24-2014, 10:53 PM

1,016 posts, read 3,654,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrizFazz View Post
Thats what Europe will even admit and agreed. Tourists visit to China are deteriorating now.
You need to study more before posting craps which are not true and stop degrading the Bogens you claimed yourself as.

Old 03-25-2014, 12:07 AM

Quote:
You need to study more before posting craps which are not true and stop degrading the Bogens you claimed yourself as.
Maybe you didn't visit China enough. Perhaps you would like to join me doing my MBA here. Hey your people are here too.

Old 03-25-2014, 03:43 AM

5,790 posts, read 5,104,962 times
"Perhaps you would like to join me doing my MBA here"...

You are proof of a common statement here in the US...that MBA's are for the simpletons. There are millions of them here in the US, and they are not all that sought after. If you can get an MBA, then there is absolutely no standard to the degree. You may be unemployed for a while after your graduation.

Old 03-26-2014, 07:25 AM

What's Wrong With China

Old 03-27-2014, 09:24 AM

1 posts, read 1,401 times
greedy, for what?

Old 03-27-2014, 09:45 AM

2,811 posts, read 5,625,045 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mingna View Post
If you could, befriend a variety of locals or returning overseas Chinese and ask them about the "safety" of local products. Try to watch CCTV and read local internet forums. Let's just say, when I lived in Shanghai my friend from Beijing opened my eyes to some alarmingly "unsafe" practices unleashed on unsuspecting consumers in China - the consequence of greed, inept government regulations that are rarely enforced, and corruption.
Yes! My wife is Chinese and her family all lives back in China. There are a lot of things they would never buy over there because they don't trust the quality, and when they or anyone they know travels here to the US they stock up on certain items to bring back because they know those items here are safe (one example being baby formula).

Somebody mentioned if the same thing happened here with a company putting poisonous materials in baby formula to save money and ends up killing babies that they would end up getting just a fine- that is very much untrue. The fact is if that happened there would be lawsuits but also criminal investigations would happen and there would be people found guilty and thrown in prison. But on the bigger picture, we just wouldn't have blatant things like that happen because we have tighter regulations and more of a culture of abiding by the rules in this type of thing. That is known by many in China and it's why they in general trust products from overseas more than local products, even if not just food items.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia