Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-26-2014, 11:49 PM

9,556 posts, read 20,795,965 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davy-040 View Post
In general people in Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Uzbekistan and Turkmenistan have more slanted eyes than those in India, Sri Lanka and Bangladesh
Why did i rank them below the South Asian countries?
Why is Vietnam second and not first? French colonialism? Thailand is just as Asian as Japan if not moreso. It's as Asian as those countries. So is the test of SEA, or because of Indian influence it's somehow less Asian? Indian culture is as Asian as Chinese, if there's such a thing, the list is silly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2014, 12:01 AM

25,021 posts, read 27,927,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Postman View Post
Why is Vietnam second and not first? French colonialism? Thailand is just as Asian as Japan if not moreso. It's as Asian as those countries. So is the test of SEA, or because of Indian influence it's somehow less Asian? Indian culture is as Asian as Chinese, if there's such a thing, the list is silly.
It really is. I wonder if he thinks Buddhism (the majority religion in Oriental Asia) is a Chinese religion like most people think it is . It's actually from India. So, how is India not the most Asian country on his list, when India practically gave half of SEA and EA's identity?

Old 03-27-2014, 02:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
It really is. I wonder if he thinks Buddhism (the majority religion in Oriental Asia) is a Chinese religion like most people think it is . It's actually from India. So, how is India not the most Asian country on his list, when India practically gave half of SEA and EA's identity?
Indeed, so called 'dharmic' religions have their roots in India. Ashokan Buddhist empire stretched as far west as Afghanistan, but now Buddhism I'd of course associated mostly with East Asia.

Old 03-27-2014, 02:09 AM

10,644 posts, read 16,027,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
It really is. I wonder if he thinks Buddhism (the majority religion in Oriental Asia) is a Chinese religion like most people think it is . It's actually from India.
from Nepal

Old 03-27-2014, 03:40 AM

1,754 posts, read 8,114,730 times
Quote:
In general people in Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Uzbekistan and Turkmenistan have more slanted eyes than those in India, Sri Lanka and Bangladesh
Why did i rank them below the South Asian countries?
How did you based your ranking?

Old 03-27-2014, 03:44 AM

Quote:

Are you going to reply to my posts Davy?

Old 03-27-2014, 04:02 AM

10,644 posts, read 16,027,294 times
Quote:
Why is Vietnam second and not first? French colonialism?
Yes but i do agree that Vietnam is the most Asian from tier 2.

Old 03-27-2014, 04:14 AM

3,635 posts, read 10,745,280 times
every country on the continent of Asia should be in tier 1. Asians who were raised abroad should be in tier 2

Old 03-27-2014, 06:49 AM

Quote:
Yes but i do agree that Vietnam is the most Asian from tier 2.
The French influence in Vietnam is not great. It's mostly some food like baguettes, but otherwise Vietnamese cuisine is pretty Asian. Needless to say, from the chaotic traffle, rag tag nature of everything, language and some strange foods Vietnam offers one if the biggest cultural shocks in Asia, which is partly a good thing.

Old 11-27-2014, 02:04 PM

5,294 posts, read 10,206,460 times
Quote:
Most to Least Asian...

Tier 1:
Mongolia, China, Hong Kong, Taiwan, Korea, Japan

Tier 2:
Nepal, Bhutan, Burma, Thailand, Laos, Cambodia, Vietnam, Malaysia, Singapore, Indonesia, Brunei, Philippines

Tier 3:
India, Sri Lanka, Bangladesh

Tier 4:
The Stans

Tier 5:
Turkey, Azerbaijan, Iran

Tier 6:
Syria, Lebanon, Israel, Jordan, Iraq, Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Bahrain, Qatar, UAE, Yemen, Oman
This is absolutely ridiculous. "Asian" does not just mean "East Asian".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia