Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-30-2014, 05:37 AM

9,556 posts, read 20,786,339 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davy-040 View Post
Only Ladyboys & Ladies, guys don't do anything to me.
I think in some ways it's the social construction/association of femininity (the clothing, gestures) that turns men on. I admit sometimes ladyboys seem kinda attractive to me in that way. In some ways they strip these conventions bare, you can see them in their raw gaudiness, ladyboys are 'hyperfeminine' (as far as 'feminine' is defined by our society) for this reason.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-30-2014, 05:39 AM

318 posts, read 638,496 times
As a White man, I would make for an extremely hideous looking Ladyboy because of my Dinaric/Armenoid nose. Its a very manly looking nose that you find in people like Italians, Jews, Greeks, and Arabs for example.

Old 03-30-2014, 05:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexander Rusev View Post
As a White man, I would make for an extremely hideous looking Ladyboy because of my Dinaric/Armenoid nose. Its a very manly looking nose that find in people like Italians, Jews, Greeks, and Arabs for example.
Dustin Hoffman in 'Tootsie' was a bit of a fail I must admit. With white guys it depends, some can pull it off better than others. Depends how naturally feminine they are. Then again there are a lot of women who look like drag queens when they're made up because they have naturally masculine features.

Old 03-30-2014, 05:41 AM

10,639 posts, read 16,019,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Postman View Post
1.Mostly pre-op ladyboys? I think for many that's the appeal, right? Or else they'd choose a bio woman usually.

2.Aside from that obvious thing do you feel much of a difference between ladyboys and women?
1.I think around 85% pre-op and 15% post-op.
For most that's the appeal yes but i don't care, for me it's all about the face and the rest of the body.

2.Not much of a difference but in general ladyboys are more understanding and less demanding.

Old 03-30-2014, 05:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davy-040 View Post
1.I think around 85% pre-op and 15% post-op.
For most that's the appeal yes but i don't care, for me it's all about the face and the rest of the body.

2.Not much of a difference but in general ladyboys are more understanding and less demanding.
I was going to ask some questions but I don't know if they'll be allowed here so I'll just suspend my curiosity lol.

Old 04-02-2014, 03:00 AM

1,754 posts, read 8,111,534 times
Lol this documentary tackle about gays, if gays exist even before the 18th or earlier than 18th century, it's in Filipino Language. Historian said gays exist even before... lol I like Lourd because he always tackle about Philippine History.

HISTORY EP 002 BAKLA SA KATIPUNAN - YouTube

Old 05-04-2014, 09:20 AM

8,864 posts, read 8,435,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Postman View Post
I don't know what legal rights they have, but it seems Taiwan is pretty progressive regarding gay rights. I've actually met a number of openly gay Taiwanese and Taipei has Asia's first gay pride parade. I get the feeling Taiwanese society is quite liberal in general. Japan is an interesting case, for a time homosexuality was not only pretty accepted but even celebrated...there are many poems, paintings.etc celebrating homosexual love in Japan. Even now I don't think there is that same hostility towards it as you find in those countries influenced by the Abrahamic religion, it's seen more as a curiosity, not that the prevalence of homosexuality (to my knowledge anyway) is a lot higher than the West.

Despite not being majority Muslim homosexuality or rather certain homosexual practices (at least male homosexuality, more specifically certain gay male acts) are against the law in Singapore, but I don't think the government is generally very militant about enforcing it. I wouldn't be surprised if these laws change, but gays basically have no rights there.
Sorry for bringing up old subjects.
By Asian standards,Taiwan is probably one of the most gay-friendly countries in Asia,but still,most people(particularly the older generations,or let's say people older than 35 yo) are still homophobic.They won't assault gay people but they'd talk behind their back or make fun of them etc.There'd be some bully in school as well if the childish kids find out one of their classmates is gay.

The gay rights here has a huge room to improve,but generally Taiwan is a little bit more open in terms of LGBT communities than let's say Japan or Korea.There were some debates over whether we should allow gay-marriage last year but somehow the bill was kinda forgotten,then some more urgent incidents took place,so people turned their focus to other events.

Israel is probably the only country in Asia that has made some progress,they recognize foreign gay-marriage iirc.Other than that,this continent should be called Homophasia.

Old 05-04-2014, 04:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greysholic View Post
Sorry for bringing up old subjects.
By Asian standards,Taiwan is probably one of the most gay-friendly countries in Asia,but still,most people(particularly the older generations,or let's say people older than 35 yo) are still homophobic.They won't assault gay people but they'd talk behind their back or make fun of them etc.There'd be some bully in school as well if the childish kids find out one of their classmates is gay.

The gay rights here has a huge room to improve,but generally Taiwan is a little bit more open in terms of LGBT communities than let's say Japan or Korea.There were some debates over whether we should allow gay-marriage last year but somehow the bill was kinda forgotten,then some more urgent incidents took place,so people turned their focus to other events.

Israel is probably the only country in Asia that has made some progress,they recognize foreign gay-marriage iirc.Other than that,this continent should be called Homophasia.
Well a lot of that still occurs in western countries, so Taiwan isn't that different in that regard. I think the fact they were even CONSIDERING gay marriage says something.

Old 05-04-2014, 08:40 PM

1,379 posts, read 1,545,741 times
Laws will not prevent people from being gay. Gay people are born that way. It looks like Africa in general has the most hate for gays.

Old 05-04-2014, 09:15 PM

22,632 posts, read 14,934,738 times
Some observations from my travels ...

Nepal - Believe it or not, I found Nepal to be surprising tolerant and accepting of gay people; much more so than in India. After the overthrow of the king and the royal family, an openly gay man and gay activist was elected to the national congress in Nepal. One of the political parties adopted a pro-LGBT platform. The Kathmandu English-language daily newspaper was regularly editorializing in favor of legalizing same sex marriage.

Cambodia - I heard a rumor that the King of Cambodia is gay. Can any confirm or dispute this? In Siem Reap, I had dinner in a gay Mexican restaurant ... I kid you not!!!

Thailand - I'm pretty sure that although marriages are not legal for same sex couples, they legalized civil unions for same sex couples. Can anyone confirm this? Another rumor, the most popular of King Bhumibol Adulyadej and Queen Sirikit offspring - the Princess Royal Sarindorn - is a discreet lesbian.

Finally, in recent years Gay Pride Parades are taking place in most East Asian and South East Asian countries. This must be indicative of some change in the climate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia