Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-06-2014, 06:51 AM

1,880 posts, read 1,817,129 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Postman View Post
You really believe you are likely to get raped? Millions of female tourists go to India every year and a few get raped and now it's 'most'? I guess you've fallen for media hysteria.
Well you are not a female.. It's better to be safe than to be sorry when it comes to this kind of thing .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2014, 07:39 AM

9,744 posts, read 20,666,753 times
I prefer to rely on statistics. Of course if I were a female travelling to India I'd go in a group, even as a male I'd still prefer to go with a group, just because of the attention I'd get.

Old 04-06-2014, 07:41 AM

318 posts, read 634,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Postman View Post
I prefer to rely on statistics. Of course if I were a female travelling to India I'd go in a group, even as a male I'd still prefer to go with a group, just because of the attention I'd get.
Why would you attract so much attention in India ? Are you a Ladyboy ?

Old 04-06-2014, 07:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexander Rusev View Post
Why would you attract so much attention in India ? Are you a Ladyboy ?
Well being of non-Indian appearance and a tourist. I received enough hassle from touts and hawkers in Sri Lanka.

Old 04-06-2014, 07:22 PM

1,880 posts, read 1,817,129 times
You want statistics

Read this link and it will tell you how many tourist get raped in India.. Whether alone or not..

Second European raped in India in under a week ? RT News

Some of the victims were with their husbands and still it couldn't stop it from happening

and also this

Is India the Rape Capital of the World? | MORE Magazine

quote from the article

Nearly one in three rape victims in India is under the age of 18. One in 10 are under 14. Every 20 minutes in India, a woman is raped.

whatever it is.. nothing is going to get me to go to India.. Unless for work and no choice.. even if it is for work.. don't really know..

The scars if it happens may never heal.. Not worth the risk

Last edited by singaporelady; 04-06-2014 at 07:33 PM..

Old 04-06-2014, 07:35 PM

My mum travelled alone to India back in 1982. Dunno if things have changed then, but she didn't have any problems.

Old 06-11-2014, 10:35 PM

1 posts, read 1,778 times
Default Malaysia-related facts

Well, as for Malaysia, I would consider it on the upper hand of being developed. You may rate it as the same level as Chile, Oman, Turkey, Russia, Mexico & Brazil. But, take a closer look and you will find it post a great advantage over those countries.

Malaysia fact:
1. Unemployment at only 3%
2. Above replacement fertility rate
3. GDP growth of Q4 2013 at 5.1%, Q1 2014 at 6.2%
4. 12th most competitive economy
5. world's largest sukuk player, consuming 60% worldwide
6. Port Klang is 13th busiest, Tanjung Pelepas at 17th
7. KLIA handles 48 milion passengers.

Also, Malaysia is an investor country. It is the largest Asian investor in Africa (not China), standing at $112 bilion. Malaysia invested $35 bilion in Canada, also bilions in USA. The so called "economic miracle" in Philippines & Indonesia rely heavily on Malaysian investment. That investing ability cannot be said to other Asean countries except Singapore. What does this means? It means Malaysia is rich. You cannot invest into other country if you do'nt have cash.

On political issue, Malaysia is the most developed country that anti-USA. They dare to criticise Israel occupation. No one ever dare to do that for the sake of economy & security. You cannot compare Malaysia to South Korea & Singapore because those 2 are puppet of USA. US investment in Singapore alone stands at $138 bilion in just 10 years. So, you can see that if only USA pull out their investment in that period, Singapore GDP would be halved by now.

On foreign relations, Malaysia make ties with other country not to exploit, but just to help. Malaysia make ties with Arab countries who at that time were dirt poor. Now they are rich & they built megaprojects here. During the time Texas Oil said Sudan has no oil, Petronas came & offer to take only 15% profit. While Sudan get 85% and. 25% is given by cash, while the remaining, Petronas are responsible to build schools, infrastructure. This offer sparks interest of other African countries. Texas Oil and USA did not allow this, they make civil war in Sudan so that Sudan divided into South Sudan, where 80% of oil is in South Sudan.

Relation with China. I believe the only way Malaysia can develop is to colaborate with China. MH370 will not strain China relation. China officials say that the protest does not represent government's view. Relation dates back in 1970 where China is isolated from World, then unsual move is Malaysia came and offer to help. Beijing did not forget this. Now China are rich & they invest here. China decision to deploy warship in James Shoal should not be mistaken as breach of sovereignity. They are protecting our interest. Last year, Malaysia & China drills military exercise.

Source: I'm Malaysian myself and I know what challenge my country are facing from the Zionist block (Singapore) and communist (Indonesia). The only our true neighbor is maybe Thailand.

Old 06-11-2014, 11:07 PM

2,376 posts, read 7,053,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdb05f View Post
Why are people in this thread placing India so far behind China?

China has a huge population to deal with before it can be a developed country. If it's economy was twice the size of the United States that would still not be big enough to provide a sufficient standard of living for its people in order for it to considered developed so I have a hard time predicting it to be in that category as quickly as a couple of the posters ahead of me do.
What is your critieria for developed?
Good infrastructure... China has it now. I haven't been to India but watching documentaries on tv, seems like India's cities are so way behind.

Properties and salaries rising up.

Old 06-11-2014, 11:25 PM

36,906 posts, read 38,810,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YRU SoStupid View Post
Well, as for Malaysia, I would consider it on the upper hand of being developed. You may rate it as the same level as Chile, Oman, Turkey, Russia, Mexico & Brazil. But, take a closer look and you will find it post a great advantage over those countries.

Malaysia fact:
1. Unemployment at only 3%
2. Above replacement fertility rate
3. GDP growth of Q4 2013 at 5.1%, Q1 2014 at 6.2%
4. 12th most competitive economy
5. world's largest sukuk player, consuming 60% worldwide
6. Port Klang is 13th busiest, Tanjung Pelepas at 17th
7. KLIA handles 48 milion passengers.

Also, Malaysia is an investor country. It is the largest Asian investor in Africa (not China), standing at $112 bilion. Malaysia invested $35 bilion in Canada, also bilions in USA. The so called "economic miracle" in Philippines & Indonesia rely heavily on Malaysian investment. That investing ability cannot be said to other Asean countries except Singapore. What does this means? It means Malaysia is rich. You cannot invest into other country if you do'nt have cash.

On political issue, Malaysia is the most developed country that anti-USA. They dare to criticise Israel occupation. No one ever dare to do that for the sake of economy & security. You cannot compare Malaysia to South Korea & Singapore because those 2 are puppet of USA. US investment in Singapore alone stands at $138 bilion in just 10 years. So, you can see that if only USA pull out their investment in that period, Singapore GDP would be halved by now.

On foreign relations, Malaysia make ties with other country not to exploit, but just to help. Malaysia make ties with Arab countries who at that time were dirt poor. Now they are rich & they built megaprojects here. During the time Texas Oil said Sudan has no oil, Petronas came & offer to take only 15% profit. While Sudan get 85% and. 25% is given by cash, while the remaining, Petronas are responsible to build schools, infrastructure. This offer sparks interest of other African countries. Texas Oil and USA did not allow this, they make civil war in Sudan so that Sudan divided into South Sudan, where 80% of oil is in South Sudan.

Relation with China. I believe the only way Malaysia can develop is to colaborate with China. MH370 will not strain China relation. China officials say that the protest does not represent government's view. Relation dates back in 1970 where China is isolated from World, then unsual move is Malaysia came and offer to help. Beijing did not forget this. Now China are rich & they invest here. China decision to deploy warship in James Shoal should not be mistaken as breach of sovereignity. They are protecting our interest. Last year, Malaysia & China drills military exercise.

Source: I'm Malaysian myself and I know what challenge my country are facing from the Zionist block (Singapore) and communist (Indonesia). The only our true neighbor is maybe Thailand.
I had no idea that Malaysia had such massive investment in Africa and other Southeast Asian countries. Would you mind providing some reading material on that? It sounds interesting.

Old 06-11-2014, 11:42 PM

1,021 posts, read 3,640,312 times
^i beg to disagree, indonesia dont rely on malaysian investment, the total number of the investment is not that great when it totals the overall gpd of the country. i would say we rely on china and japan much more when it comes to this, and some of US direct investments. And the strong domestic market is the reason why it charms major investors.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia