Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-19-2014, 09:08 AM

1,141 posts, read 2,201,644 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Postman View Post
Well there are quite a few Malaysian restaurants in Melbourne, and I know several that are regularly packed by both Asian and non-Asian diners. People who visit Malaysia - and there are many - frequently rave about the food. As do many 'foodies.' Well if you didn't like it, you either had bad food there or it's just not to your liking. But many disagree with you...have you had a good chicken rice or chicken curry? Malaysian food is one of the least strange and tastiest out there, so no, that's definitely not the reason here.
There are now 3 of us here who said Malaysian food is not the best while you are denying our opinions? So where are these "many" will not agree with you? Apparently, Malaysian food lovers do not post on City-Data except you...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2014, 09:15 AM

9,556 posts, read 20,786,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenTiger View Post
There are now 3 of us here who said Malaysian food is not the best while you are denying our opinions? So where are these "many" will not agree with you? Apparently, Malaysian food lovers do not post on City-Data except you...
So 3 against 1 wins? 3 anonymous internet posters means that Malaysian food is not good? Okay, you're right, Malaysian food is bad. End the thread, 3 people prove that it's not successful because it's just bad. Apparently popular opinion also means nothing...

Obviously sarcastic, but I'd love for you to give your reasons for why you don't like Malaysian food...

Old 04-19-2014, 03:14 PM

1,379 posts, read 1,545,741 times
I've had some Indonesian food, but mostly just read about it. I would love if there were an Indonesian restaurant in my town.

Old 04-19-2014, 03:17 PM

1,379 posts, read 1,545,741 times
Rendang daging, a dish from Indonesia, tops this list from CNN:

World's 50 best foods: Readers' picks | CNN Travel

Old 04-19-2014, 04:02 PM

2,169 posts, read 5,169,500 times
I love Indonesian and Malaysian food (and Burmese as well). I wish there were more of them here in the US. There are a couple here in the Dallas area but they're certainly not common.

Old 04-19-2014, 07:05 PM

1,016 posts, read 3,652,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WoodstockSchool1980 View Post
Rendang daging, a dish from Indonesia, tops this list from CNN:

World's 50 best foods: Readers' picks | CNN Travel
Interesting apparently Indonesian dish makes it to the top, i could only say that the best Rendang, Satay and Nasi Goreng (fried rice) i've eaten in my life is in Indonesia. Rendang actually took a lot of effort and time to make so it deserve to be on the top, especially if traditional method (the best) is used, beef took longer time since it needed to be stewed for an hour++ so it didn't have jerky texture.

Old 04-19-2014, 07:09 PM

1,869 posts, read 1,825,968 times
I will give my vote for Malaysian food.. So 3 vs 2 ??

Old 04-19-2014, 08:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by singaporelady View Post
I will give my vote for Malaysian food.. So 3 vs 2 ??
My intent wasn't really to compare Malaysian vs Thai or Indonesian. I love them all, and I'd say Thai is pretty much on the same level as both. But I was drawn in. Anyway, I just think the idea it's not popular because it's not good is proposterous. Most Americans haven't even had the chance to try BAD Malaysian food so how is that the reason? Come here and see how well Malaysian restaurants are doing. Or is it because Americans have different tastes to Australians??

Old 04-19-2014, 09:18 PM

1,869 posts, read 1,825,968 times
Malaysia and Indonesia are both our neighbours, and I have tried food from both , but I would say Malaysian food suits my taste better .. Seems closer to what we have here at home ..just my personal choice though

Old 04-19-2014, 09:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by singaporelady View Post
Malaysia and Indonesia are both our neighbours, and I have tried food from both , but I would say Malaysian food suits my taste better .. Seems closer to what we have here at home ..just my personal choice though
Well yes, Singaporean food is for the most part the same food as Malaysia. Both share a lot of similarities to Indonesian as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia