Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-02-2014, 01:30 PM

177 posts, read 269,281 times

Advertisements

How serious of a problem are the people born outside of the one child policy?
That they exist is a fact. Will they ever be acknowledged by the government?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2014, 03:21 AM

164 posts, read 282,795 times
I am more concerned about how many Chinese female students were raped by redneck stepfathers. It has been several cases, just in OK, for stepfather rap his stepdaughter.

Old 05-03-2014, 04:50 AM

11,039 posts, read 16,874,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xhgz View Post
I am more concerned about how many Chinese female students were raped by redneck stepfathers. It has been several cases, just in OK, for stepfather rap his stepdaughter.
...well, that came out of left field.

Old 05-04-2014, 01:42 AM

164 posts, read 282,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 415_s2k View Post
...well, that came out of left field.
I am just talking the same way like OP.

OP cares about Heihaizi, which is media usually want to blast foreign government.
However, Chinese media usually blasts US for redneck stepfather or host family bullies host students.

Old 05-04-2014, 02:16 PM

I was wondering if hey can get registered for.. anything. For instance, can they go to school , travel, get a job etc?
Or do they not exist in the eyes of the government?

Old 05-05-2014, 08:19 AM

Nobody can tell me about this issue, or they won't?
I have only seen a handful of news reports addressing this. I think it is the stupidest thing I have ever heard, a country enforcing a child policy law that makes its own citizens illegal.

Old 05-05-2014, 08:26 AM

8,871 posts, read 8,456,389 times
I am not very sure how effective the one child policy has been enforcing recently as they will soon be facing aging population.I do remember that there was a certain time that the policy was so strict that the authorities even forced pregnant women to abort the fetus if she already had a child.
And because of the traditional patriarchy of China,if the couple know their kid is a girl,many would abort the baby because they'd rather have a boy.

I'm not surprised by Heihaizi actually.It's old news that China has been doing scary things to its people.

Old 05-06-2014, 06:16 AM

43,701 posts, read 44,455,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greysholic View Post
I am not very sure how effective the one child policy has been enforcing recently as they will soon be facing aging population.I do remember that there was a certain time that the policy was so strict that the authorities even forced pregnant women to abort the fetus if she already had a child.
And because of the traditional patriarchy of China,if the couple know their kid is a girl,many would abort the baby because they'd rather have a boy.

I'm not surprised by Heihaizi actually.It's old news that China has been doing scary things to its people.
The Chinese Government still forced such abortions in 2011 as I read about in a printed a copy of the China Daily (in English) when I was in China at that time.

As far I understand the parents of the so-called illegal children have to pay all their expenses without help from the government.

Old 05-06-2014, 08:14 AM

What if you are a poor rice worker with four children and cannot afford anything?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia