Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-09-2014, 05:22 AM

1,869 posts, read 1,830,204 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kent_moore View Post
OMG singaporelady, you're painting a bad name for Singapore for foreigners who wants to live/work here. You seem to belong to "everything else". Cannot like that leh!

Singapore is a highly globalized city state. Technology, logistics, financial, services...name it, Singapore has it. Singapore does not have domestic market and there is no way to rely on domestic consumption. They need to export their goods and services, they need to expand their economy to keep the economy afloat. Singapore economy heavily relies to global economy.

The bottomline is, Singapore is for ambitous businessmen, traders and top-notch professionals. Everybody else, whether foreigners or citizens are just merely workers!
Honestly i dont think it is wise and care to paint a perfect/rosy image of Singapore to outside world, i paint a REAL picture of Singapore.. Good or Bad, dont sweep under the carpet that is what i believe

But i do agree with the statement you made that i have bolded...

Old 08-09-2014, 05:25 AM

1,016 posts, read 3,658,411 times
^to be honest i think that applies anywhere to the business world, businessman, traders etc are attracted to major business cities around the globe, and these top notch people are the one who runs most of the things. Everybody else is basically just workers to keep the economy running.