Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which Chinese cuisine is your favorite
Cantonese 25 49.02%
Sichuan 16 31.37%
Hunan 7 13.73%
Huaiyang 3 5.88%
Fujian 1 1.96%
Others 5 9.80%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 51. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-23-2016, 10:54 AM

69 posts, read 85,566 times

Advertisements

I love Cantonese and Teochew style Chinese food the most, most of their dishes are tasty and varied. Not only that, but also relatively healthy and fresh. And here in where I live in Indonesia, Cantonese and Teochew dishes always dominate the menus at every Chinese restaurants.

Sichuan style Chinese food also pretty good, but too spicy and not very healthy. So I could eat Sichuan food for once a while.

Shandong style Chinese food is fine. I like their seafood dishes and pancakes.

Shanghai style Chinese food is okay, I like the Shanghai style dumplings.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2016, 11:12 AM

4 posts, read 3,942 times
Cantonese's dim sum... who doesn't like dim sum anyway? So many variety of choices and there is definitely one dim sum match your taste. XD

Sichuan cuisine is good too since i like to eat spicy food.

Old 04-26-2016, 04:57 AM

11,039 posts, read 16,858,983 times
After spending the last week in Hunan and eating homestyle dishes basically every meal, I think I've had my fill for the next month or three...

Too many sautéed greens with a bitter flavor. Bland or weak sauces. After awhile, it all tastes almost the same and you just want it to stop, but your family keeps feeding you more and more and more.

I really want some chongqing noodles right now :'(

Old 04-26-2016, 05:15 AM

1 posts, read 586 times
Different different people like different kind of chinese food .I like Chinese soup .

Old 04-26-2016, 09:10 AM

10,839 posts, read 14,722,274 times
I noticed nobody selected Huaiyang until I did.

I guess that's because most people outside China have no idea of its existence. In fact, it is one of China's big four cuisine styles.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Huaiyang_cuisine

Huaiyang cuisine is widely seen in Chinese culinary circles as the most popular and prestigious style of Jiangsu cuisine - to a point where it is considered to be amongst one of the Four Great Traditions (四大菜系) that dominate the culinary heritage of China, along with Cantonese cuisine, Shandong cuisine and Sichuan cuisine

Old 04-26-2016, 09:11 AM

10,839 posts, read 14,722,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janmakovic View Post
Different different people like different kind of chinese food .I like Chinese soup.
There is no such thing as "Chinese soup". It is like saying I like Italian meat.

Old 04-26-2016, 11:52 AM

1,423 posts, read 1,049,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 415_s2k View Post
After spending the last week in Hunan and eating homestyle dishes basically every meal, I think I've had my fill for the next month or three...

Too many sautéed greens with a bitter flavor. Bland or weak sauces. After awhile, it all tastes almost the same and you just want it to stop, but your family keeps feeding you more and more and more.

I really want some chongqing noodles right now :'(
A major difference betweeen Hunan and Sichuan cuisines is that Hunan does not use starch to thicken the dishes. Thickening is used more widely in Sichuan. e.g. Mapo Toufu

Old 11-11-2016, 11:23 PM

46 posts, read 43,442 times
as a man living in jiangnan, i like eat 大闸蟹,敲背鳝鱼,红烧羊肉,红烧鳜鱼,炖老母鸡,盐水虾,油炸蚕豆,红烧甲鱼,烤鸭,牛肚,鸭舌…⠀¦foreigners will never eat them until they come here, what foreignera know are just a little of the all. and they will never understand why chinese like chinese food is always salty and grease. the chinese food in their mind is really different with us.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia