Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-24-2014, 11:02 PM

769 posts, read 1,013,298 times

Advertisements

Jerusalem is a holy city in the Islamic faith. That is undeniable.

Old 12-26-2014, 07:47 AM

43,646 posts, read 44,375,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lakeman0 View Post
Jerusalem is a holy city in the Islamic faith. That is undeniable.
Based on what? I have been told that Jerusalem isn't mentioned in the Koran.

Old 12-26-2014, 07:52 AM

43,646 posts, read 44,375,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SFNative87 View Post
Wow, you're a sick individual! Three Israeli terrorists were arrested and admitted to kidnapping that Palestinian teenager. He was forced to drink gasoline and set on fire. A few Israeli politicians said "he looks gay" which is why you have hate sites, like the one you posted above, post such vile garbage.

The fact that you are resorting to extreme conspiracy theories shows your true feelings.

Btw- I come from a Palestinian Christian family. Jewish terrorists entered our village in what is now Jaffa county and told us to leave or die. We then fled to Ramallah, which my family fled in the 60's. I don't care for Jerusalem as I am not the most religious person, and the city seems to bring out the worst of people. May Palestinian cities, including Ramallah, are much more liberal and laid back than Jerusalem. However, it's holy to many Palestinian Christians, as Jesus was crucified in what is today's Jerusalem. And they make up 20% of the Palestinian population world wide, not 6%. And the 3% figure includes Gaza, which never had much of a Christian population at all. The West Bank is about 10% Christian, with a figure of about 25% in the Ramallah-Bethlehem areas. The Al Aqsa mosque and Dome of the Rock, where Muslims believe Muhammad ascended into heaven, is in Jerusalem. So they find it holy too.
I am sorry for what happened to your family but there is no reason for you to attack me personally. I agree that Jerusalem is holy to Palestinian Christians as well as Palestinian Jews (from before 1948). But I don't see how it is really holy for Muslims in general as I have been told that there is no mention of Jerusalem in the Koran and therefore I am wondering why Muslims would assume Muhammad ascended to heaven from Jerusalem.

Old 12-27-2014, 08:16 AM

14,611 posts, read 17,547,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axiumph View Post
Lol, Jerusalem is mentioned countless times in the Quran. It was their first direction of prayer, and Biblical prophets in Jerusalem are all in the Quran, including Jesus.
Please get your research correct. The name of the city ‘Jerusalem’ (Arabic ‘Quds’ or ‘Bait al-Maqdis’) does not appear in the Qur’an! A Muslim scholar had the following to say about the subject.

Perhaps the reason for this mysterious treatment of the subject is located in the Islamic view that Jerusalem is destined to play a central crucial role in the Last Age. Hence there was, perhaps, a divine need to cloud the name of the city, as well as its destiny, with a sacred cloud that would not be lifted until the appropriate time had come, and Jerusalem was poised and ready to play its role in the End of History.

You are correct about Jesus, as his name does appear over 90 times in the Quran.

Old 12-27-2014, 10:02 AM

23,707 posts, read 30,741,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iHez View Post
You said You have been told but you did not search, if you have any questions i will be happy to answer them.
The Mosque is and not the city nor the region. The Mosque may be a holy site to Muslims in general, but it is not respected as such by Palestinian Muslims.

Even if one forgets that the Mosque is in Israel, no Islamic community in the world would allow a Mosque to be desecrated as much as Palestinian Muslims do in the following video starting at 3:00.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S02arlqOl2g

This next video shows the desecration as everything is outbound and nothing is inbound.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SMvgOSmZnCQ

Last edited by Oldhag1; 12-30-2014 at 02:30 PM.. Reason: Only 2 videos per post, please read guidelines

Old 12-28-2014, 10:12 AM

Quote:
ً(1)Well, the city was mentioned several times by Prophet Mohammad, Plus, The mosque is in Jerusalem ( AlQuds /Bait al Maqdis ) and in Arabic it's name is not Jerusalem It's Al Quds.
Saying the Mosque is not respected by Palestinians is too far from the truth, Palestinians are the only Arabs who are still protecting the Mosque.

(2)This has nothing to do with the topic. The Israelis want to kick the Palestinians out of the mosque and allow the jews to get in, That's why Palestinians fight against the Israeli soldiers.
(1) Maybe you should read and be able to translate the Quran before quoting it. The Quran describes a city and not the city. During the time of the Quran, the city was known as Iliya. The mosque did not get the name Bayt al-Maqdis (which means house of the holy) until two hundred years later. Al-Quds is a current derivation from Bayt al-Maqdis and a truncated version of al-Quds as-shareef. Since Hebrew predates Arabic and Aramaic predates both then Al Quds is related to the Hebrew words which are a direct connection to Aramaic which is HaQodhesh which again means the holy. Which in the end means House of the Holy and not City of the Holy.
Palestinian Muslims have never taken care of Mosque. Its always been taken care of by the Jordanians and has been under Jordanian custodianship. Hashemites have taken care if the site ever since the fall of the Ottoman Empire.

(2) Of course its still on topic. If the Israeli's wanted to do as you say, then they've had 47 years do so and would've bulldozed the mosque in 1967. But since 1967 it's still there and the Jordanians are still cleaning it up and repairing it.

Old 12-28-2014, 12:15 PM

Quote:
It was mentioned in Quran as "The Holy Land" when Prophet Moses ordered his followers :

Almaedah [21]
O my people, enter the Holy Land which Allah has assigned to you and do not turn back [from fighting in Allah 's cause] and [thus] become losers."

And as per the Quran, Israel in it's entirety belongs to the Jews.

Surat Al-Ma'idah - The Noble Qur'an - ?????? ??????

Old 12-29-2014, 05:45 AM

Quote:
Nope
(1) Because they disobey Allah's and Moses's order.
Let me add the next verses from Al-Ma'idah :

(21) O my people, enter the Holy Land which Allah has assigned to you and do not turn back [from fighting in Allah 's cause] and [thus] become losers."
(22) They said, "O Moses, indeed within it is a people of tyrannical strength, and indeed, we will never enter it until they leave it; but if they leave it, then we will enter."
(23) Said two men from those who feared [to disobey] upon whom Allah had bestowed favor, "Enter upon them through the gate, for when you have entered it, you will be predominant. And upon Allah rely, if you should be believers."
(24) They said, "O Moses, indeed we will not enter it, ever, as long as they are within it; so go, you and your Lord, and fight. Indeed, we are remaining right here."
(25) [Moses] said, "My Lord, indeed I do not possess except myself and my brother, so part us from the defiantly disobedient people."
(26) [Allah] said, "Then indeed, it is forbidden to them for forty years [in which] they will wander throughout the land. So do not grieve over the defiantly disobedient people."

(2) because of what they did to Prophets, Killing many prophets, including trying to kill Prophet Jesus and saying horrible things about his Mother Mariam[peace to be upon them]

(154) And We raised over them the mount for [refusal of] their covenant; and We said to them, "Enter the gate bowing humbly", and We said to them, "Do not transgress on the sabbath", and We took from them a solemn covenant.
(155) And [We cursed them] for their breaking of the covenant and their disbelief in the signs of Allah and their killing of the prophets without right and their saying, "Our hearts are wrapped". Rather, Allah has sealed them because of their disbelief, so they believe not, except for a few.
(156) And [We cursed them] for their disbelief and their saying against Mary a great slander,
(157) And [for] their saying, "Indeed, we have killed the Messiah, Jesus, the son of Mary, the messenger of Allah." And they did not kill him, nor did they crucify him; but [another] was made to resemble him to them. And indeed, those who differ over it are in doubt about it. They have no knowledge of it except the following of assumption. And they did not kill him, for certain.
(158) Rather, Allah raised him to Himself. And ever is Allah Exalted in Might and Wise.

(3) Allah told Muslims in Quran about what will happen to Jews :

(1) Exalted is He who took His Servant by night from al-Masjid al-Haram to al-Masjid al-Aqsa, whose surroundings We have blessed, to show him of Our signs. Indeed, He is the Hearing, the Seeing.
(2) And We gave Moses the Scripture and made it a guidance for the Children of Israel that you not take other than Me as Disposer of affairs,
(3) O descendants of those We carried [in the ship] with Noah. Indeed, he was a grateful servant.
(4) And We conveyed to the Children of Israel in the Scripture that, "You will surely cause corruption on the earth twice, and you will surely reach [a degree of] great haughtiness.
(5) So when the [time of] promise came for the first of them, We sent against you servants of Ours - those of great military might, and they probed [even] into the homes, and it was a promise fulfilled.
(6) Then We gave back to you a return victory over them. And We reinforced you with wealth and sons and made you more numerous in manpower
(7) [And said], "If you do good, you do good for yourselves; and if you do evil, [you do it] to yourselves." Then when the final promise came, [We sent your enemies] to sadden your faces and to enter the Mosque, as they entered it the first time, and to destroy what they had taken over with [total] destruction.

Cheers.
Taking out your opinion on other subjects and just covering the Quran itself, you are still relying on translations of others and their interpretations and not even including the Hadith. You show your lack of understanding by just pulling out parts of the Quran without stating the source of where in the Quran they came from nor keeping it within the context of the surat that it's in. I would've listed the actual Arabic, but per the TOS I can't. So I gave you a link with multiple translations and you chose the one that matched modern English the most instead of Arabic the best.

This was all proven by your first line stating "Let me add the next verses from Al-Ma'idah" in which #2 and #3 are not. They are actually surat an-nisa and surat al-isra.

So again it's the Mosque and not Jerusalem that is Holy.

Old 12-29-2014, 05:56 AM

Quote:

(4) In Jews faith, Building Israel before the messiah return it's forbidden, Jews are not allowed to build a nation before their Messiah return.

(5) According to Judaism, Creating Israel by mankind is forbidden, It's not Jewish , It's Zionist order.

(6) The real problem is with Khazarian Jews (Ashkenazi) they caused problems in Europe for long time until the Nazis committed the holocaust, The other Jews are very different, for example the Yemeni Jews, they are one of the best Yemeni groups, they are very loyal to their home but sadly the Zionist movement and the Yemeni government forced them to leave to Palestine. They left with tears....If i had a power over the government i would never let that happen to the Yemeni Jews.

Cheers.
And as to the last three parts of your quote; Who are the ones actually building and moving into the areas around Jerusalem? The Ultra Orthodox you listed who are all Ashkenzi. You're correct in one aspect that they don't believe in the existence in the State of Israel yet they have no problem in taking over the Land of Israel and moving in by the 1000's. Change one word and their perspective changes.

Old 12-29-2014, 10:42 AM

Quote:
(1)I speak fluent Arabic because i'm an Arabi Yemeni, i studied Sharia for 6 years, In one verse it says " The Blessed land" and in the other it says " the Holy land " .
I forgot to add what surats i qouted from in part #2 and #3 but it doesn't matter as long as they are from Quran and have the meaning that prove Jerusalem is a Holy and Blessed city, Just like Makkah and Madinah, Although the Holy part that only Muslims can enter it is The Aqsa Mosque and Prophet Mohammad's mosque in Madinah and the bordered region in Makkah ( al Haram ):

(2)The Holy spot that only Muslims can enter it not the whole city, It is this :
(1)And I am fluent in Levant Arabic, Aramaic and Hebrew. The land that is discussed in the Quran is the land the mosque is sitting on and not all the lands that surround it. Keep in mind that we are discussing Palestinian Muslims and not Muslims in general, thus Saudi Arabia does not have a place in this conversation. That being said, I've been to Al-Masjid Al-Haram and the people who I saw there treated it with the respect it deserves which is the polar opposite of how Palestinians do.

(2) Israeli Muslims can enter all parts. West Bank Muslims are limited mostly by their age
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia