Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-15-2014, 10:44 AM

282 posts, read 707,949 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevania01 View Post
Of course Indonesia is the best -
I disagree with your comment, because you only see from the outside , What interesting from Malaysia?? they do not have beautiful temples and pagodas like Indonesian have, they do not have the beautiful and interesting culture than Indonesian even their often claims Indonesian culture of course really different from their/ Malay culture . and they do not have the beautiful natural attractions such as Indonesia . now many foreign tourists who come to visit Indonesia to exceed the target of foreign tourist visits which have been set.

Malaysia looks good in cities, in villages still look Poor as well .. same with other Southeast Asian countries except Singapore

I believe at a time when Indonesia is more rich and prosperous ^^^^____
Hi there,

What about the price? which is cheaper when I explore both? any comparison?

and which one is friendlier for tourist/ foreigner? thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2014, 11:28 AM

327 posts, read 568,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Rajko View Post
Hi there,

What about the price? which is cheaper when I explore both? any comparison?

and which one is friendlier for tourist/ foreigner? thanks

This one is pretty easy, in my opinion. Visited both countries about three months ago. Those who say Malaysia is "way more developed" are correct, but that hardly makes it more interesting. I found the Indonesians much more curious about foreign travelers and more eager to meet you and more helpful in general. I think you can see all of peninsular Malaysia in 30 days, maybe 60 if you want to stretch it. Indonesia though, that'd take years, a lifetime even, to see all of it from west to east.

Which one is cheaper: Indonesia (except Jakarta).
which one is friendlier for tourist: Indonesia.

The beach at Pangandaran, where the locals, male and female asked me to pose for pictures with them:

Last edited by Chasva69; 07-15-2014 at 11:37 AM..

Old 07-15-2014, 12:11 PM

1,016 posts, read 3,652,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chasva69 View Post
This one is pretty easy, in my opinion. Visited both countries about three months ago. Those who say Malaysia is "way more developed" are correct, but that hardly makes it more interesting. I found the Indonesians much more curious about foreign travelers and more eager to meet you and more helpful in general. I think you can see all of peninsular Malaysia in 30 days, maybe 60 if you want to stretch it. Indonesia though, that'd take years, a lifetime even, to see all of it from west to east.

Which one is cheaper: Indonesia (except Jakarta).
which one is friendlier for tourist: Indonesia.

The beach at Pangandaran, where the locals, male and female asked me to pose for pictures with them:
As Indonesians (not biased) i strongly agree with this statement, in Jakarta people are more eager and thoughtful compared to those in KL, when i drop things at supermarket people instantly come to help to put things in order. I don't really experience the same kind sense of helpfulness living in Malaysia. People in Jakarta are more open to you even if you are total stranger, a simple interaction could easily ended up as conversation.

Since most of the tourist are off to Bali/Lombok/Yogyakarta, the people in general aren't really used to seeing foreigner and yes they're very curious of you! It's like visiting remote part of China, but they will ask to take pictures with you :P

And i would also add Kuta into your exception list of cheap places.

Old 07-15-2014, 12:14 PM

327 posts, read 568,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goshio22 View Post
As Indonesians (not biased) i strongly agree with this statement, in Jakarta people are more eager and thoughtful compared to those in KL, when i drop things at supermarket people instantly come to help to put things in order. I don't really experience the same kind sense of helpfulness living in Malaysia. People in Jakarta are more open to you even if you are total stranger, a simple interaction could easily ended up as conversation.

Since most of the tourist are off to Bali/Lombok/Yogyakarta, the people in general aren't really used to seeing foreigner and yes they're very curious of you! It's like visiting remote part of China, but they will ask to take pictures with you :P

And i would also add Kuta into your exception.

Agree I should have said Kuta, but the rest of Bali - like Ubud and Lovina are not too expensive.

Old 07-15-2014, 06:55 PM

1,379 posts, read 1,545,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CityLife20 View Post
Overall, I would choose Malaysia, of course!
... It is truly Asia!.
What a strange claim. Is it more Asian than Lebanon and Uzbekistan?

Old 07-16-2014, 05:50 AM

313 posts, read 531,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WoodstockSchool1980 View Post
What a strange claim. Is it more Asian than Lebanon and Uzbekistan?
Certainly more 'Asian' they way most westerners think of Asia. It's referring to the tourism slogan 'truly Asia' because it mixes Malay, Chinese, Indian, and increasingly Arabic and other SE Asian cultures. It truly is the best place to experience the main cultures of Asia, as well as Singapore.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia