Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-05-2014, 01:33 AM

1,016 posts, read 3,653,159 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermosaa View Post
Spanish architecture is really one of the best in the world. Universidad de Santo Tomas looks very good and posh with all those statues on top. It looks so much like the architecture in Spain.
I guess if we remained a colony and if Japan never bombed the Philippines, we will have more Spanish style architecture in the Philippines
The British got to be the best builder though, look at the univ in Mumbai as an example.

Yes i've been wondering in ww2 manila was destroyed so there isnt that much colonial architecture left, but what about other cities like cebu and davao which werent affected by war? Apart from old church there isn't much left there, while in my country the architecture survived somehow in its 2nd and 3rd cities escaping development destruction, despite being partially destroyed in ww2.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2014, 05:29 AM

1,016 posts, read 3,653,159 times
Quote:
I prefer the Spanish and French architecture than the British. I love the Spanish castles and churches especially in Sevilla and Granada... more baroque style. I didn't fall in love with the churches and other English architecture when I was in the UK.
University of Mumbai was built in the 19th century while the Universidad de Santo Tomas was built 200 centuries earlier. Still, I think it has a very nice and posh architecture. I especially love the statues on top.

Cebu and other major cities in the Philippines were also bombed. The monument of the discoverer of the Philippines Portuguese explorer Fernao de Magalaes ( Fernando Magallanes ) in Cebu was also bombed. Some Spanish buildings in Iloilo also got ruined. Philippines was where Americans were before so it got really affected during the Japanese and American war.
Also, many Spanish churches also got ruined because of earthquake ( not the recent earthquake ).
Yeah the Japs ruined lots of things, they stripped our bronze metal monument throughout the country too :\ only Daendels and Diponogoro are left.

Old 07-06-2014, 01:00 AM

282 posts, read 708,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by satsuki View Post
These are very nice pictures
My pleasure satsuki.

More pics to come boss, please visit us here most of the time and enjoy what the metro can offer..

Old 07-06-2014, 01:02 AM

Quote:
He's FilAm ? I don't think he is.
Wow, really Ma'am? I thought he was.. Well the more that Should say THANK YOU to Chasva, It's nice to read a remark/appreciation from a foreign friend like him.

Old 07-08-2014, 08:51 AM

DONALD TRUMP DEFENDED MANILA OVER CNBC's CRITICISMS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YQAIpQC7FrM

Old 07-21-2014, 04:21 AM

2,351 posts, read 7,087,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Rajko View Post
SUPERCARS PROUDLY MADE IN THE PHILIPPINES
FACTOR AURELIO IS THE NEW RACING CAR BRAND

\

Meet Aurelio, the first super car -or so they say- from the Philippines, designed and built by a company called Factor Aurelio Automobile taking its name from 21 year-old engineering student Kevin Factor and Brendan Aurelio, the owner of Facita Fibertech.

Factor Aurelio Prototype 1 Test Drive - YouTube

READ MORE:
https://autos.yahoo.com/news/philipp...iacontentstory

let's support them at least in their fb page.
Wow ! Are those cars really Filipino ???

Old 07-21-2014, 06:01 AM

Quote:
Wow ! Are those cars really Filipino ???
The news says around 80% - local / I believe indigenous , some 20% engine parts are imported.
And the body is made out of Fiber glass (locally made).

Awesome for a 21 yr old inventor/designer.

Old 07-24-2014, 05:37 AM

1,754 posts, read 8,112,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goshio22 View Post
The British got to be the best builder though, look at the univ in Mumbai as an example.

Yes i've been wondering in ww2 manila was destroyed so there isnt that much colonial architecture left, but what about other cities like cebu and davao which werent affected by war? Apart from old church there isn't much left there, while in my country the architecture survived somehow in its 2nd and 3rd cities escaping development destruction, despite being partially destroyed in ww2.
the other architecture that ruined by WW2 were Ancestral Houses which is sad. Lots of Ancestral Houses were damage specially photos of ancestors etc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia