Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-03-2014, 08:07 AM

282 posts, read 707,949 times

Advertisements

Mabuhay! WELCOME TO METRO MANILA Thread!

Fell free to post! Anything about Metro Manila

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...Manila.svg.png

Metropolitan Manila (Filipino: Kalakhang Maynila, Kamaynilaan), commonly known as Metro Manila, the National Capital Region (NCR) of the Philippines, is the seat of government and the most populous region and metropolitan area of the country which is composed of the following:

City of Manila
Caloocan City
Las Piñas City
Makati City
Malabon City
Mandaluyong City
Marikina City
Muntinlupa City
Navotas City
Parañaque City
Pasay City
Pasig City
Quezon City
San Juan City
Taguig City
Valenzuela City
Town of Pateros

Metro Manila - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Last edited by Oldhag1; 07-27-2014 at 09:47 PM.. Reason: Removed copyright material
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-03-2014, 08:46 AM

327 posts, read 568,712 times
Coach: I have to give you some credit for your relentless promotion of Manila. That's an uphill job!
And people are being chintzy with their rep points -- you get one from me for all the nice pictures.

Old 07-03-2014, 08:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chasva69 View Post
Coach: I have to give you some credit for your relentless promotion of Manila. That's an uphill job!
And people are being chintzy with their rep points -- you get one from me for all the nice pictures.
AWESOME Maestro!

More to come as I promise! Feel free to update or hangout here. Anything you want to talk, share..

Gracias!

Old 07-03-2014, 10:26 AM

1,226 posts, read 1,448,770 times
I went there for college. So are 2 of my sisters. One got her doctor's degree there. That's the school's 'specialty' course. One they are known and top ranked for. My sister is now practicing her medicine here in US.

Last edited by RedZin; 07-28-2014 at 09:40 AM.. Reason: quoted post was deleted

Old 07-03-2014, 10:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by meaning View Post
I went there for college. So are 2 of my sisters. One got her doctor's degree there. That's the school's 'specialty' course. One they are known and top ranked for. My sister is now practicing her medicine here in US.
GREAT MA'AM! Your alma matter!

A lot of UST nurses and Doctors are now successful in the States 6 of my cousins actually.

Old 07-03-2014, 10:53 AM

QC to host half km-high tower (612-meter tower - 200FLOORS)
By Rio N. Araja | Jun. 27, 2014
QUEZON City Mayor Herbert Bautista has given Mitsubishi Electric Corp. the go-signal to start putting up its 612-meter tower in a seven-hectare lot on the former site of the Manila Seedling Bank Foundation along Quezon Avenue.
At a media briefing, Dr. Victor Endriga, senior consultant, said the 200-floor facility will be called Philippine Diamond Tower to join Dubai’s 828-meter Burj Khalifa and Japan’s 634-meter Tokyo Skytree.
He said Megaworld Corp., Century Properties Group, SM Properties and Ayala Land Inc., wanted to buy the lot.
“The mayor gave us the go-signal to collaborate with Mitsubishi (for) groundbreaking on Oct. 12, the city’s 75th founding anniversary,” he told the Manila Standard.
Targeted for delivery in 2016, the tower will house an international convention center, a five-star hotel, a shopping mall, restaurants, a disaster-risk management center, a garden park and a telecommunications hub.

read more:
QC to host half km-high tower - Manila Standard Today

https://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd.n...07736729_n.jpg
WAY TO GO QUEZON CITY

Last edited by Oldhag1; 07-27-2014 at 09:51 PM..

Old 07-04-2014, 09:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chasva69 View Post
Again Salamat boss Chasva

I've read a lot posts here actually, i couldn't understand the perception of those people who keep looking Manila and Ph as sick man, backward, slums areas always, 3rd world, etc.. and yet they don't even see or haven't been to those good places or area of metro or.. no idea at all. or sometimes under estimates the market or purchasing power of Pinoys.

While a lot of foreigners I've been asked and talked about impression of M.M. were amazed that M.M. has those American brands, premium known thing, Rolls Royce, corvette etc.. though off course I'm not saying that it's superb or super good, still slums were there, corruption, other 3rd world issue etc.

But one thing is fore sure, we are moving forward.. and Fil Ams like you sir would play the a big role in bringing our motherland to the next level.

Bagong Bayani as we described!

Hats off Chasva69!

Old 07-04-2014, 09:46 PM

24 posts, read 37,737 times
These are very nice pictures

Old 07-05-2014, 12:44 AM

2,351 posts, read 7,087,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Rajko View Post
Again Salamat boss Chasva

I've read a lot posts here actually, i couldn't understand the perception of those people who keep looking Manila and Ph as sick man, backward, slums areas always, 3rd world, etc.. and yet they don't even see or haven't been to those good places or area of metro or.. no idea at all. or sometimes under estimates the market or purchasing power of Pinoys.

While a lot of foreigners I've been asked and talked about impression of M.M. were amazed that M.M. has those American brands, premium known thing, Rolls Royce, corvette etc.. though off course I'm not saying that it's superb or super good, still slums were there, corruption, other 3rd world issue etc.

But one thing is fore sure, we are moving forward.. and Fil Ams like you sir would play the a big role in bringing our motherland to the next level.

Bagong Bayani as we described!

Hats off Chasva69!
He's FilAm ? I don't think he is.

Old 07-05-2014, 12:55 AM

2,351 posts, read 7,087,206 times
Spanish architecture is really one of the best in the world. Universidad de Santo Tomas looks very good and posh with all those statues on top. It looks so much like the architecture in Spain.
I guess if we remained a colony and if Japan never bombed the Philippines, we will have more Spanish style architecture in the Philippines

Last edited by RedZin; 07-28-2014 at 09:40 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia