Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-05-2014, 09:23 AM

546 posts, read 569,901 times

Advertisements

Which Asian Martial Arts do you think is the deadliest?

I think that the three deadliest martial arts are Kali, Krav-Maga and Silat because the Philippines, Israel and Indonesia are conflict prone areas therefore they have deadly martial arts but the more mainstream martial arts I.E: Taekwondo or Kendo are weaker because places like Japan hardly or never had major invasions or great international wars waged on it's soil, unlike Israel which witnessed the crusades or Indonesia-Sumatra which houses the two most hotly contested maritime corridors in the world (The Strait of Sunda and the Strait of Mallaca) or the Philippines which it's capital, Manila, experienced 9 wars (Look up the 9 Battles of Manila)

Thus, making Kali, Krav-Maga and Silat, the world's deadliest Martial Arts.

Anyway, this is just my own opinion supported by my own research. What's is you opinion?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2014, 10:10 AM

3,804 posts, read 6,171,306 times
Kendo, Iaido, and that Japanese one where they teach you to fight with a rifle and bayonet.

Seriously, whether or not it was ever used to repel an invasion, the weapon forms have got to be pretty incompetent to be less deadly than unarmed forms.

Old 08-05-2014, 12:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuburnAL View Post
Kendo, Iaido, and that Japanese one where they teach you to fight with a rifle and bayonet.

Seriously, whether or not it was ever used to repel an invasion, the weapon forms have got to be pretty incompetent to be less deadly than unarmed forms.
The US marines use Kali, not Kendo. Your sport is nice and all but I don't see policemen and soldiers use it. However, a lot of teenagers and kids appreciate that though.

Old 08-05-2014, 04:36 PM

3,410 posts, read 4,466,382 times
Krav-Maga is extremely results based and also very practical for the average person to use (anything that requires years of training to be effective isn't practical imo even if a master of an "advanced" martial arts could whoop a Krav-Maga user's butt).

Old 08-05-2014, 06:38 PM

3,804 posts, read 6,171,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Selurong View Post
The US marines use Kali, not Kendo. Your sport is nice and all but I don't see policemen and soldiers use it. However, a lot of teenagers and kids appreciate that though.
You're right. The US military made them revise it into a sport during the occupation of Japan because the real version was considered to warlike.

Old 08-05-2014, 08:01 PM

142 posts, read 239,339 times
What strange reasoning. Kendo etc still arose out of a time when it often was used for deadly force. Maybe no karate is mostly competitive though.

Old 08-06-2014, 06:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caravelli View Post
What strange reasoning. Kendo etc still arose out of a time when it often was used for deadly force. Maybe no karate is mostly competitive though.
No it's not strange.

Israel - Krav Maga - had experienced 11 wars on it's soil...
Philippine - Kali - had experienced 9 wars on it's soil...
Indonesia - Silat - had experienced 8 wars on it's soil...

Of course their martial arts would be waay waay more potent because they had sharpened it and refined it so many times.

Japan, not so much; when compared to Israeli or Filipino Martial Arts.

Old 08-06-2014, 07:28 AM

2,805 posts, read 3,253,631 times
All martial arts can be deadly once the practitioner has mastered that art.

Old 08-06-2014, 05:18 PM

65 posts, read 129,207 times
i have practiced martial art seriously for a few years, I would say that, if you somewhat know what you are doing, it is easy to win while hurting people and it is way harder to win without hurting people.
So most of the so called lethal martial arts like Krav Maga are not that good

Kendo is the most established, kinda real martial sports
I practice Yiquan, feel free to look it up, practice and discuss with me ^ ^

Old 08-06-2014, 05:44 PM

1,226 posts, read 1,449,163 times
I am Filipino and I've been asked by Americans if I know Kali. Both my answers are huh? MY bro in law is even a big fan of a Filipino Kali martial arts master. He even told me he paid to see him in person. He told me the name, I just forgot it.

I think Kali is the one they used in Bourne Identity fight scenes then. I am aware they used Filipino Martial arts for that movie.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia