Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-06-2014, 03:08 AM

5 posts, read 3,624 times

Advertisements

Hello,

American expat currently working in KSA and will have two weeks of R&R in late september/early october. I am looking at visiting both of these places during that time. I have been told a few times that rainy season is during this time. I have looked around and seen some of the stats and it does appear that it rains for about half of these months. How bad is the rain? Would you take a chance in my case or try to reschedule and go somewhere else during this time?

Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2014, 06:25 AM

399 posts, read 719,284 times
Cebu, my second home. I wish I could be there now. I'm usually not there during the rainy season it could be hit or miss.

Old 08-06-2014, 07:24 AM

2,805 posts, read 3,252,433 times
Cebu is also our second home, my wife and I live there about 4 months every year but we do try to avoid the rainy season and the very hot months yet we have been there during July and it was not that bad.

As Dalmain wrote, it can be hit and miss, most times when it rains it only rains for a small portion of the day, so I would say go for it, there is lots to do in Cebu without getting wet should it rain.

Old 08-06-2014, 09:37 AM

16,257 posts, read 43,168,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsabo1929 View Post
Hello,

American expat currently working in KSA and will have two weeks of R&R in late september/early october. I am looking at visiting both of these places during that time. I have been told a few times that rainy season is during this time. I have looked around and seen some of the stats and it does appear that it rains for about half of these months. How bad is the rain? Would you take a chance in my case or try to reschedule and go somewhere else during this time?

Thanks.
If you are intent on Phils/Thailand during the rainy season, I'd just go for it. Sometimes its raining, sometimes its not. When it is, you find something else to do that doesn't involve the beach or walking around outside. In Cebu, most people spend time in the malls during the day, than walking around outside. Phuket is a bit more beach-oriented overall, so it could effect your time there. But plenty of people just go and take the risk anyways.

If you were really concerned about avoiding the rainy season, than you might consider Bali, Indonesia. It has the opposite season for rains, etc.

If this is your ONLY trip you'll ever take to SE Asia, I'd say go at another time. But I get the impression that you have been, or will be going again, at other times. The rainy season isn't horrible, by any means. It just depends exactly what you want to do. But if CEBU is on your list, it doesn't sound like Boracay (beach lying around) or mountain climbing is on your list...so you should be fine.

Just take in mind, that it might rain enough to keep you inside about one-third of the time, but not 100% of the time. Maybe you won't even see hardly any rain, who knows.

Old 08-06-2014, 11:46 AM

10,639 posts, read 16,019,500 times
Raining season in tourist Southeast Asia rules!
High season is way to busy especially in places like Phuket.

Old 08-06-2014, 06:47 PM

142 posts, read 239,201 times
Even in December Phuket still gets decent rain, unlike central Thailand.

Old 08-06-2014, 09:25 PM

3,635 posts, read 10,740,561 times
looks like it's a lot more rainy in Phuket during that time than Cebu

Phuket Province - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Cebu City - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia