Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-10-2020, 01:16 PM

546 posts, read 569,260 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bituingmaykinang View Post
Wikipedia as a source? It's 2020, you should know anyone can edit that.

Provide sources that the Ternateans are Papuans (because the genetics of people from Sulawesi is 90% similar to Filipinos)
Ternate speaks a Papuan language.

Papuan

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-21-2020, 01:16 AM

1,002 posts, read 905,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocrap View Post
Yeah, 70% of Philippine economy is controlled by the 2% Chinese, and the remainder (30%) is owned by the 1% White (i.e., Spanish).

PHILIPPINES: 95% (Malay) + 2% (Chinese) + 1% (White) =/= COSMOPOLITAN......

MALAYSIA: 50% (Malay) + 30% (Chinese) + 10% (Indian) - NOW, THIS IS COSMOPOLITAN!!
Of course Malaysia and Singpore but Philippines is far from being multicultural .. in Colonial era Philippines was the most multicultural (Spanish, America, Japan ) but now does not appear the slightest

Old 09-21-2020, 09:59 AM

37,127 posts, read 39,337,475 times
I forget--are we including the cities of Western Asia, especially the oil-rich states that have massive numbers of foreigners living in the cities? The cities of Dubai, Abu Dhabi, Doha, and Kuwait City probably have the largest percentage of their population being foreign-born among cities in Asia.

Another area that might be interesting, but with less recent foreign-born and more people who've grown up there, is various Central Asian cities due to the massive relocation programs that occurred during the Soviet period.

Old 10-20-2020, 03:29 AM

I can argue that the Philippines is more multiracial than Malaysia and even Singapore judging from modern genetic and anthropology studies.

Asides from the majority Malayo-Polynesian descent about 20% of Filipinos have Chinese admixture, 12.7% look Hispanic (Made up of Spanish-Malay Mixed raced people or actual Latin American migrants to the Philippines during the Spanish era) theyre 12.7%, Native Americans are at 7.3% (The percentage of the Philippines that have Native American descent that more than the ****ing United States of America), Africans at 4.5% (From Aboriginal Negritos and Mulattoes from Latin America) and finally Europeans at 2.7% of the population.

Source: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fili...enetic_studies

The Philippines is arguably the only Asian country that feels like Brazil or America in ethnic diversity.

Japan, South Korea are homogenous by comparison I can argue that the Philippines is even more diverse than Malaysia or Singapore since they only have South, Southeast, and East Asian populations whereas the Philippines have Europeans, Latinos and Native Americans in their populations too, unavailable to Singaporeans and Malaysians.

Old 10-20-2020, 05:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Selurong View Post
I can argue that the Philippines is more multiracial than Malaysia and even Singapore judging from modern genetic and anthropology studies.

Asides from the majority Malayo-Polynesian descent about 20% of Filipinos have Chinese admixture, 12.7% look Hispanic (Made up of Spanish-Malay Mixed raced people or actual Latin American migrants to the Philippines during the Spanish era) theyre 12.7%, Native Americans are at 7.3% (The percentage of the Philippines that have Native American descent that more than the ****ing United States of America), Africans at 4.5% (From Aboriginal Negritos and Mulattoes from Latin America) and finally Europeans at 2.7% of the population.

The Philippines is arguably the only Asian country that feels like Brazil or America in ethnic diversity.

Japan, South Korea are homogenous by comparison I can argue that the Philippines is even more diverse than Malaysia or Singapore since they only have South, Southeast, and East Asian populations whereas the Philippines have Europeans, Latinos and Native Americans in their populations too, unavailable to Singaporeans and Malaysians.
Recent genetic studies filipino almost purely Austronesian with a few mixed negritos

Most Filipinos looks Austronesian even when you see lots of videos of Filipinos when they find out their DNA results are so disappointed that no not gets European or Spanish DNA genes or Chinese in their DNA

Old 10-20-2020, 06:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michiko_shanyang View Post
Recent genetic studies filipino almost purely Austronesian with a few mixed negritos

Most Filipinos looks Austronesian even when you see lots of videos of Filipinos when they find out their DNA results are so disappointed that no not gets European or Spanish DNA genes or Chinese in their DNA
What recent genetic study are you saying you have?

Because this study in particular was the one who showed the percentages.

https://www.academia.edu/38744342/Cl...ng_Fordisc_3_1

Let me copy verbatim their results.

ABSTRACT: Filipinos represent a significant contemporary demographic group globally, yet they are underrepresented in the foren-
sic anthropological literature. Given the complex population history of the Philippines, it is important to ensure that traditional methods
for assessing the biological profile are appropriate when applied to these peoples. Here we analyze the classification trends of a modern
Filipino sample (n = 110) when using the Fordisc 3.1 (FD3) software. We hypothesize that Filipinos represent an admixed population drawn
largely from Asian and marginally from European parental gene pools, such that FD3 will classify these individuals morphometrically
into reference samples that reflect a range of European admixture, in quantities from small to large. Our results show the greatest classifi-
cation into Asian reference groups (72.7%), followed by Hispanic (12.7%), Indigenous American (7.3%), African (4.5%), and European
(2.7%)
groups included in FD3. This general pattern did not change between males and females. Moreover, replacing the raw craniometric
values with their shape variables did not significantly alter the trends already observed. These classification trends for Filipino crania pro-
vide useful information for casework interpretation in forensic laboratory practice. Our findings can help biological anthropologists to
better understand the evolutionary, population historical, and statistical reasons for FD3-generated classifications. The results of our study
indicate that ancestry estimation in forensic anthropology would benefit from population-focused research that gives consideration to his-
tories of colonialism and periods of admixture.

So, what recent study are you yapping about that Filipinos have non existent European or Chinese genes? When I give you straight from the horse's mouth the study which came out with the percentages I shared earlier.

You have many conversations with Manoplo which show just how desperate you are and still failing to prove that Filipinos have no Chinese or Latin descent.

Last edited by Selurong; 10-20-2020 at 06:28 AM..

Old 10-20-2020, 10:06 AM

37,127 posts, read 39,337,475 times
Quote:

I can understand saying Filipinos as a group have somewhat more diverse groups of people they've descended from, but that doesn't to me isn't much basis for saying its more multicultural as a country which was ostensibly the point of this topic.

There are also some questionable bits in your interpretation of the findings as the study says it's by phenotype which is an odd bit to go on. Aside from that odd bit, the people with native American ancestry isn't just the US classification of US native american tribes, but indigenous continental Americans of all types which would be a very large proportion of people with Hispanic American descent. Additionally, mulattos from Latin America with Sub-Saharan African descent are not closely related to aboriginal negritos so lumping them together by phenotype is sort of odd. Sure, Singapore and Malaysia may have southern Indians with very dark complexions who may be mistaken to have sub-saharan African descent in certain contexts, but that does not make them African. This all just seems pretty questionable.

I agree that Japan and South Korea are unquestionably more homogenous than the Philippines, Singapore, and Malaysia especially as several Southeast Asian countries have a lot of distinct native cultures that were amalgamated into single countries, but haven't been countries for so long that the differences have been essentially erased through standardized language / media and internal migration in the way that South Korea and Japan have seen.

Regardless, it seems to me that Western Asia if counting by resident population would likely have the Gulf Coast countries and Israel being the most multicultural overall.

Old 10-20-2020, 08:18 PM

Quote:
What recent genetic study are you saying you have?

Because this study in particular was the one who showed the percentages.

https://www.academia.edu/38744342/Cl...ng_Fordisc_3_1

Let me copy verbatim their results.

ABSTRACT: Filipinos represent a significant contemporary demographic group globally, yet they are underrepresented in the foren-
sic anthropological literature. Given the complex population history of the Philippines, it is important to ensure that traditional methods
for assessing the biological profile are appropriate when applied to these peoples. Here we analyze the classification trends of a modern
Filipino sample (n = 110) when using the Fordisc 3.1 (FD3) software. We hypothesize that Filipinos represent an admixed population drawn
largely from Asian and marginally from European parental gene pools, such that FD3 will classify these individuals morphometrically
into reference samples that reflect a range of European admixture, in quantities from small to large. Our results show the greatest classifi-
cation into Asian reference groups (72.7%), followed by Hispanic (12.7%), Indigenous American (7.3%), African (4.5%), and European
(2.7%)
groups included in FD3. This general pattern did not change between males and females. Moreover, replacing the raw craniometric
values with their shape variables did not significantly alter the trends already observed. These classification trends for Filipino crania pro-
vide useful information for casework interpretation in forensic laboratory practice. Our findings can help biological anthropologists to
better understand the evolutionary, population historical, and statistical reasons for FD3-generated classifications. The results of our study
indicate that ancestry estimation in forensic anthropology would benefit from population-focused research that gives consideration to his-
tories of colonialism and periods of admixture.

I'm desperate ?? I wrote the truth based on the latest DNA test ... to be honest if you compare with Indonesian they more mixed in their genetic they are more connected to mainland Asia and this may be due to the geographical proximity of western Indonesia to populations such as Thailand and Cambodia
and also the Indonesians have half the Austronesian genes.
only the Philippines in Asia that always claims to have a mixture, it turns out that it is only a claim without true proof

Old 10-21-2020, 01:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michiko_shanyang View Post
I'm desperate ?? I wrote the truth based on the latest DNA test ... to be honest if you compare with Indonesian they more mixed in their genetic they are more connected to mainland Asia and this may be due to the geographical proximity of western Indonesia to populations such as Thailand and Cambodia
and also the Indonesians have half the Austronesian genes.
only the Philippines in Asia that always claims to have a mixture, it turns out that it is only a claim without true proof

*Citation Needed

Old 10-21-2020, 03:38 AM

Quote:
*Citation Needed
u can read in "Reconstructing Austronesian population history in Island South East Asian "

https://www.biorxiv.org/content/bior...05603.full.pdf

or searching and read here "Southeast Asians Derive Ancestry from Four Ancient Populations"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia