Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-17-2014, 02:38 PM

7,778 posts, read 10,188,830 times

Advertisements

Visiting HK is different from traveling throughout China.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2014, 08:34 PM

16,259 posts, read 43,251,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoHardToHideIt View Post
Malaysia, Thailand, and the Philippines primarily.
Look into the Budget Airlines - AirAsia, TigerAir, etc.

Browse their websites, and purchase the flights well in advance, when they are still super cheap.

They have tons of promotions, sometimes as cheap as $20 for a flight, etc.

Old 11-19-2014, 12:38 PM

7,778 posts, read 10,188,830 times
well the guy hasn't returned in awhile, but I'll go ahead and toss in my two cents generally.

If you're not traveling within one region that happens to be connected well by rail (China, Japan, S Korea, etc) then most likely you've got to fly. Air Asia and Tiger Air are usually the cheapest in my experience, although Tiger hubs in Singapore so most of the time you have to fly through there. I've flown both several times, and also been on CEBU Pacific, Jetstar, and HK Express. I'd say they're all ok for flight experience...haven't had any issues that made me hate one of them yet.

Research prices for all of them, but most likely Air Asia will work out best for connecting you to all four countries mentioned)

Old 11-19-2014, 01:16 PM

2,918 posts, read 5,614,801 times
Depends on your origin. If you're flying from the US, MNL is often cheaper than flying into BKK or KUL. From there I would recommend flying into BKK and then taking an overland route down to either KUL or SNG. then from one of those airports fly into HKG. Cross over into Shenzhen or go a little further up to Guangzhou and from there you have the option of rail or domestic flight to wherever you want to go in mainland China. Return to HKG and fly back into either MNL or CRK (there used to be some INSANE deals for HKG-CRK but not sure if they still exist). This would be the cheapest way I would imagine. And would be a fun trip, I have done similar trips in the past.

Old 11-23-2014, 06:09 AM

22 posts, read 14,762 times
Depend on where you are going or which part of Asia you are keen on. Many countries in Asia are developing and that makes it cheaper than most however not all of these countries are well connected with flight or equipped with appropriate infrastructure to ease travelling time. Various countries have various diversity of its own, for example you could spent years in China to actually see the whole country's riches and diversity or even South Asia for India and Sri Lanka. Bangkok or Kuala Lumpur is well connected to parts of the world and is the most obvious choice to start your exploration in Southeast Asia, from Bangkok on wards it would be very easy to get to Vietnam, Laos and Cambodia either by flight or land transport all of which reasonably priced if you use budget airlines.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia