Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-08-2015, 10:29 AM

7,643 posts, read 6,478,770 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistertee View Post
Some of the Chinese bots in this thread are your average Communist party supporters who troll all day. The thread was started specifically to malign India and Indians by association. China fears a rising India and will use any trick in the book against India. Remember, media is strictly controlled in China. Does rape happen in India? Sure just like every other place on this planet. However, the amount of attention given by foreign media tends to be a little biased because the coverage in their own respective states is miniscule.
agreed
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2015, 09:11 AM
AFP

7,412 posts, read 6,898,554 times
Quote:
Some of the Chinese bots in this thread are your average Communist party supporters who troll all day. The thread was started specifically to malign India and Indians by association. China fears a rising India and will use any trick in the book against India. Remember, media is strictly controlled in China. Does rape happen in India? Sure just like every other place on this planet. However, the amount of attention given by foreign media tends to be a little biased because the coverage in their own respective states is miniscule.
The internet is severly monitored and controlled by the Chinese communist government in mainland China. Although some of the posts on this forum appear slightly balanced they really aren't if you look more closely. The people that I associate with that travel to and from mainland China could care less of what goes on in other countries in fact I have noticed they have been brought up with little accurate knowledge of other cultures, even the one's that are highly educated.

However one doesn't need to have a psychology degree to notice that girls in India aren't seen as equally precious as boys in many circles and in general aren't valued primarily for their intelligence. I don't know enough about India to comment on what appears to be a pattern of gang rape in India.

Old 02-13-2015, 10:33 PM

3 posts, read 2,765 times
Hang them till death if the crime proves...

Old 02-20-2015, 10:38 PM

1,418 posts, read 2,547,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AFP View Post
The internet is severly monitored and controlled by the Chinese communist government in mainland China. Although some of the posts on this forum appear slightly balanced they really aren't if you look more closely. The people that I associate with that travel to and from mainland China could care less of what goes on in other countries in fact I have noticed they have been brought up with little accurate knowledge of other cultures, even the one's that are highly educated.

However one doesn't need to have a psychology degree to notice that girls in India aren't seen as equally precious as boys in many circles and in general aren't valued primarily for their intelligence. I don't know enough about India to comment on what appears to be a pattern of gang rape in India.

However one doesn't need to have a psychology degree to notice that girls in India aren't seen as equally precious as boys in many circles and in general aren't valued primarily for their intelligence

Based on what? Ancient History? It was the norm everywhere but there were areas including India where the maternal role was superior to the men? Where women could own property and have power? As for the present day and age, I can see it quite differently. The preference of having boys over girls is not something found only in India. It has more to do with survival and security.

If 400 millions ppl in India (More than the entire US population) treat their women and daughters better than the other gender, you still wont hear about it. Media is being used as a tool to convince ppl otherwise. A lot of countries have an active interest to malign the public perception of India. It serves a variety of purposes.

As for gang rape, its an issue and should be dealt with harshly. I think in time it will be addressed but I wish it was quicker. A lot quicker.

Old 02-21-2015, 10:53 AM
AFP

7,412 posts, read 6,898,554 times
[quote=Mistertee;38531980]However one doesn't need to have a psychology degree to notice that girls in India aren't seen as equally precious as boys in many circles and in general aren't valued primarily for their intelligence

Based on what? Ancient History? It was the norm everywhere but there were areas including India where the maternal role was superior to the men? Where women could own property and have power? As for the present day and age, I can see it quite differently. The preference of having boys over girls is not something found only in India. It has more to do with survival and security.

Based on what Indians have themselves told me I have worked with Indian professionals that I felt comfortable enough with to discuss this issue with from various regions, both Hindus and Sikhs.

Old 02-21-2015, 11:53 AM

3,410 posts, read 4,467,648 times
There is a no denying that there is a strong preference for sons over daughters amongst the rural denizens and urban poor of north-western and north-central India due to socioeconomic and cultural factors such as traditional land inheritance "rules", bone-crushing poverty, limited opportunity, limited access to education, and people just being stuck in their ways. The data and studies indicate this. People can pontificate, demonize, or beat on a dead horse all they want; but they truth is that only economic growth, urbanization, and slow change will solve this problem in India.

Old 02-24-2015, 11:27 AM

1,418 posts, read 2,547,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TylerJAX View Post
There is a no denying that there is a strong preference for sons over daughters amongst the rural denizens and urban poor of north-western and north-central India due to socioeconomic and cultural factors such as traditional land inheritance "rules", bone-crushing poverty, limited opportunity, limited access to education, and people just being stuck in their ways. The data and studies indicate this. People can pontificate, demonize, or beat on a dead horse all they want; but they truth is that only economic growth, urbanization, and slow change will solve this problem in India.

India is too big to generalize. South India is worlds apart from the rest of India.

Old 02-27-2015, 03:11 AM

10,646 posts, read 16,032,303 times
Quote:
India is too big to generalize. South India is worlds apart from the rest of India.
I hear this a lot but where does South India start? Godavari River? Hyderabad? Krishna River?

Old 11-30-2015, 11:08 PM

32 posts, read 26,389 times
If this continues to happen then how can any tourist ever feel safe coming to that country where foreigners are treated like that? Such people only defaming their own country by doing such mischief over and over again.

Old 12-01-2015, 04:28 PM

62 posts, read 64,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greatjourneys View Post
If this continues to happen then how can any tourist ever feel safe coming to that country where foreigners are treated like that? Such people only defaming their own country by doing such mischief over and over again.
It's a country of 1.3 billion. That's more than the whole of africa and also way more than EU+Usa combined. Tourists get raped in England and Usa also. They have some issues no doubt, but let's not exaggerate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia