Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-23-2015, 02:30 PM

12,385 posts, read 8,146,609 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smtchll View Post
Not all. I was surprised that most people in the video said they would rather stay in the Philippines. And this isn't a rich part of the Philippines either[/url]
Of course nobody wants to leave their extended family behind. That is why the media and government proclaims the OFWs and brides who remitt money back to the Philippines national heroes. Governor Santos even came out of acting retirement to portray a mother who almost lost a daughter to drugs and promiscuity to aid in the hero worship

Old 02-23-2015, 04:19 PM

1,166 posts, read 1,634,906 times
Stereotypes I've heard, primarily about males: They all smoke. They all have to know martial arts before they emigrate to another country. They're all affiliated with gangs or organized crime.

Things I experienced/learned while serving with them in the Navy (all males): A lot of them do smoke. They tend to congregate/eat together in the chow hall. They are very open and friendly on a one-to-one basis. They laugh easily and don't take things too seriously. The seem to genuinely like the U.S., and Americans in general. They are good workers and pull their own weight. They aren't obsessed with wealth. They value family relationships.

I only met a tiny sample of the overall population, so my observations could be waaay off.

Old 02-27-2015, 11:00 AM

1,754 posts, read 8,114,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by siobhandem View Post
They want to flee the Philippines ASAP.
Well not everyone, some would rather stay there and work. I am an OFW and I will never give up my Filipino Citizenship/Nationality. I will still go back to the Philippines and live there, We are just working abroad due to opportunity because the expenses in the Philippines now a days is quite expensive so we have to work abroad to support our families and then save money. Planning to put up my own small business back home in the Philippines someday so I don't have to work abroad. I am sure once our economy improves and salary is okay, I'm sure a lot of Filipinos working abroad would rather stay in the country and share their skills to their fellow Filipinos and for the country. Because our country need us also.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia