Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-02-2015, 08:29 AM

15 posts, read 22,204 times

Advertisements

Even though we, the South Korean people ourselves are one of the most pro-American nation in the world, the president is a different story.

The current South Korean (stupid) president, Park-Geun-Hye, is one of the most pro-Chinese president in our history. Her government decided to join AIIB, and still refusing THAAD. It is so surprising because she consider herself as conservative, and most of conservatives of us are anti-Chinese because of national security problem.

As a liberal/pro-American/anti-Chinese person, I seriously have lots of frustration with her diplomatic policy. And I believe lots of South Koreans would have a similar opinion with me, no matter of liberal/conservative, because we are already enraged by China's audacity and maleficence-including contempt for Chinese fisher's burglary our fishery resources, trying to distort our ancient history, and lots of interference in our military export to Philippine or issue of THAAD-.

Because of these factors, I do not worry about a permanent damage in Rep of Korea-US of America relationship because our people's tendency is certain(pro-American and pro-First world), but I worry about a temporary relation worsening because of our stupid president and government. I wonder what you, American people think. Do you feel any frustration in our government or something?

(And, would you consider not to mention about Wendy Sherman or attacker of Mark Lippert...Wendy Sherman is just a rude government person, and that attacker is just a mad dog.)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2015, 08:34 AM

8,864 posts, read 8,446,442 times
When's the next election gonna be? Maybe you guys can pick a less pro-China president then.

Old 04-02-2015, 09:15 AM

9,229 posts, read 9,758,341 times
Why must Korea be anti-China? Just because you want it that way?
You can vote, and see who wins.

Old 04-02-2015, 09:38 AM

1,523 posts, read 2,864,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 888run View Post
Even though we, the South Korean people ourselves are one of the most pro-American nation in the world, the president is a different story.

The current South Korean (stupid) president, Park-Geun-Hye, is one of the most pro-Chinese president in our history. Her government decided to join AIIB, and still refusing THAAD. It is so surprising because she consider herself as conservative, and most of conservatives of us are anti-Chinese because of national security problem.

As a liberal/pro-American/anti-Chinese person, I seriously have lots of frustration with her diplomatic policy. And I believe lots of South Koreans would have a similar opinion with me, no matter of liberal/conservative, because we are already enraged by China's audacity and maleficence-including contempt for Chinese fisher's burglary our fishery resources, trying to distort our ancient history, and lots of interference in our military export to Philippine or issue of THAAD-.

Because of these factors, I do not worry about a permanent damage in Rep of Korea-US of America relationship because our people's tendency is certain(pro-American and pro-First world), but I worry about a temporary relation worsening because of our stupid president and government. I wonder what you, American people think. Do you feel any frustration in our government or something?

(And, would you consider not to mention about Wendy Sherman or attacker of Mark Lippert...Wendy Sherman is just a rude government person, and that attacker is just a mad dog.)
No, I trust South Korea and have an excellent opinion of the country. I wasn't aware they have a pro-Chinese president, but it doesn't worry me either. I wouldn't expect every president to be enthusiastically pro-American.

Old 04-02-2015, 10:22 AM

16,259 posts, read 43,201,108 times
Uhmmmmm........no, didn't know about that with the current Korean President.

Old 04-02-2015, 03:48 PM

779 posts, read 927,824 times
Americans and American government need to stay out of others nation's business....

Old 04-02-2015, 05:20 PM

25,021 posts, read 27,933,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pennyone View Post
What a silly rant. the Chinese will make it into a special administrative region of China.
Now that is silly. If anything, China should return Liaoning and Jilin provinces to Korea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 888run View Post

I think you should be more concerned about North Korea. Your country is split in half, fix that first

Old 04-02-2015, 09:32 PM

8,864 posts, read 8,446,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
I think you should be more concerned about North Korea. Your country is split in half, fix that first
Judging from the South Koreans whom I've had interactions with and my sister, who speaks a bit Korean and LOVES Korean stuff, average South Koreans don't care about North Korea at all.

Quote:
Now that is silly. If anything, China should return Liaoning and Jilin provinces to Korea.
Put her on your ignore list. Genuine advice.

Old 11-07-2019, 08:47 AM

1,136 posts, read 525,982 times
South Korea has been less anti China than the US, Japan, UK etc since it started official diplomatic relations with the PRC. Like other less anti China developed countries such as Singapore, Switzerland, Greece, Italy , Spain and Portugal, some are in NATO, it is not a very large and powerful country. Not all developed countries are the same.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia