Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-14-2015, 01:20 PM

10,839 posts, read 14,718,787 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigboibob View Post
Because Japanese people are the world's most polite racists
Hitler was extremely polite and courteous as well. Mussolini was quite a gentleman with great manners, even Churchill couldn't stop praising him.

Old 04-14-2015, 07:21 PM

8,864 posts, read 8,438,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by botticelli View Post
He wishes he were Japanese or that Japanese were Taiwan's official language (which is considered "cool" by him). I think he embarrassed him enough on this forum. It is like a Pole wishing he were German.

I am 100% fine with Taiwan being independent. But all the Japan-admiration from Taiwanese sickens me more than a few times in my life.
Oh I wish I were European and that French was our official language even more(as French sounds the best imo), I guess that makes me a Francophile too.
Speaking of the Poles, do you have any idea how many Poles are living in Germany? Or how closely Germany and Poland are working together nowadays? Or how friendly these two countries have been since the collapse of USSR? The days of hating ex-colonizers have passed, welcome to the 21st century(and my ignore list as well). A Polish politician even once said that Poland and Germany should unite, I haven't heard anybody said such thing here and it wouldn't be well-accepted either.

As for embarrassment, you and Pennyone should get married. You guys hit it right on as far as your ignorance goes. China doesn't really have to do anything to be hated when her babies are flowing around telling stupid and nationalistic **** tbqh.

Last edited by Greysholic; 04-14-2015 at 07:35 PM..

Old 04-14-2015, 07:58 PM

9,229 posts, read 9,751,529 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greysholic View Post
Oh I wish I were European and that French was our official language even more(as French sounds the best imo), I guess that makes me a Francophile too.
Speaking of the Poles, do you have any idea how many Poles are living in Germany? Or how closely Germany and Poland are working together nowadays? Or how friendly these two countries have been since the collapse of USSR? The days of hating ex-colonizers have passed, welcome to the 21st century(and my ignore list as well). A Polish politician even once said that Poland and Germany should unite, I haven't heard anybody said such thing here and it wouldn't be well-accepted either.

As for embarrassment, you and Pennyone should get married. You guys hit it right on as far as your ignorance goes. China doesn't really have to do anything to be hated when her babies are flowing around telling stupid and nationalistic **** tbqh.
Poland was not really a colony of Germany. It didn't lose its identity. Germany attacked Poland in 1939, even later than Japan attacked Peking. Poles are Slavic people and have always been.

On othe other hand, Taiwanese are ethnic Chinese. You and your ancestors speak Chinese, have Chinese names, and follow Chinese traditions. No matter how much you hate China, you should not hate yourself or wish you were someone else. Your attitude toward China has no effect on China at all, but may have an impact on yourself.

Old 04-14-2015, 08:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bettafish View Post
Poland was not really a colony of Germany. It didn't lose its identity. Germany attacked Poland in 1939, even later than Japan attacked Peking. Poles are Slavic people and have always been.

On othe other hand, Taiwanese are ethnic Chinese. You and your ancestors speak Chinese, have Chinese names, and follow Chinese traditions. No matter how much you hate China, you should not hate yourself or wish you were someone else. Your attitude toward China has no effect on China at all, but may have an impact on yourself.
He brought up Poland and Germany, not me. He probably couldn't come up with a place where people hate their ex-colonizer that much, which is quite reasonable as hatred towards ex-colonizer is rare nowadays. It's either indifference(probably most countries) or close friendship(UK and Canada, Australia, America, HK, Singapore etc.), maybe except for Korea, lol.

On the other hand, I wouldn't even think about China if it wasn't for her constant coercion and bully. It'd be just another authoritarian state with horrid human rights track record(which isn't uncommon in such terrible world), with whom we happen to share a same language(a good language though, and our version is way better).

Btw most Taiwanese more or less have some aboriginal heritage, some even have Dutch blood, and naturally those 'ancestors' spoke Austronesian and Dutch languages. I guess we're not as 'Chinese' as you might think. Before the 1600's(when China had already gone through one dynasty after another), Taiwan was much more similar to Palau or Nauru - a random island in the Pacific Ocean.

Last edited by Greysholic; 04-14-2015 at 08:43 PM..

Old 04-14-2015, 08:42 PM

9,229 posts, read 9,751,529 times
Quote:
Btw most Taiwanese more or less have some aboriginal heritage, some even have Dutch blood, and naturally those 'ancestors' spoke Austronesian and Dutch languages. I guess we're not as 'Chinese' as you might think.
That does not mean anything.
Most if not all southern Chinese are mixed with 百越 or 苗蠻. Many northern Chinese are mixed with nomadic groups too. Mainland China is one thousand times more diverse than Taiwan in terms of genetic patterns.

Old 04-14-2015, 08:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bettafish View Post
That does not mean anything.
Most if not all southern Chinese are mixed with 百越 or 苗蠻. Many northern Chinese are mixed with nomadic groups too. Mainland China is one thousand times more diverse than Taiwan in terms of genetic patterns.
It's not your place to say if it means anything to anyone, it means a great deal for some.

And I was just pointing out that many of our ancestors didn't speak Chinese langagues, of course China is diverse, who says it isn't?

Old 04-14-2015, 11:58 PM

7,363 posts, read 8,397,426 times
Just saw this on facebook. lol

The Japanese Military Is Getting Offensively Cute
https://news.vice.com/article/the-ja...rce=vicenewsfb

Old 04-15-2015, 02:23 AM

5,788 posts, read 5,102,477 times
Quote:
It's not your place to say if it means anything to anyone, it means a great deal for some.

And I was just pointing out that many of our ancestors didn't speak Chinese langagues, of course China is diverse, who says it isn't?
Then it's also not your place to say who owns what islands and who doesn't. It's also not your place to suggest who marries who. Just an infantile comment.

But of course, one can't expect much from someone who acts all surly while brandishing his newly minted spelling of "Confucious."...multiple times, no less!

What does Poland have to do with East Asian hatred? What Germany did after the war to atone for its actions during the war was far more comprehensive and decisive than what Japan ever did. Apple to orange, buddy. But of course, one cannot expect a surly winner of some local spelling bee to ever comprehend the nuances of international relations.

Old 04-15-2015, 03:45 AM

^Awwwww let me guess! Yet another post about my typo then some random bs about how Taiwan and China belong together and we're gonna be annexed tomorrow?

Old 04-15-2015, 08:14 AM

595 posts, read 560,353 times
Country lines and genetics have changed so much and will continue to change. Wars bring new genetic stock and country lines.

There is a weak connection between ancient Greece/Rome/China with their respective current day versions. Humans are meant to evolve with time as are all organisms and that evolution should change our genetics and borders. Maintaining a specific genetic composition and geographic location is choosing to cease evolution.

Those that pledge undying allegiance and pride for any specific ethnicity or geographic location are short sighted, average, and dull from a historical stand point.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia